Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
MM is literally living rent free in so many of these people’s heads. I literally don’t understand why they dislike her sooo much. If Harry is happy, let him be happy.

Today, I read the headlines that H & M were holding hands and got scrutinized for it mean while- Zara and her spouse did the literal same thing. I don’t see them hating on her. All she has to do is just breath and they are like, “Meghan breaths. Worst person ever!” The hatred for Meghan runs deep and it’s actually sickening.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It’s quite sickening how far the haters go. I couldn’t imagine living under that much scrutiny.

It’s hilarious that the ‘haters’ seem to miss their own double standards when it comes to criticism of MM, yet excusing any other Royal. The way things are spoken about as fact when 95% is MSM stories or speculation from their own brain (where MM lives rent free). Bizarre.

Reactions: 11
It's also the fact that their sources are almost always the Sun or Daily Mail... (dis)respectfully, I can't take anyone who takes those types of news outlets as gospel seriously
Me too. I also question the validity of “a royal adviser says”, it could be a gossiping person spreading Chinese whispers. Yet, they report it as fact.

Seeing how the media alone has reacted, posting what she’s wearing, whether she had a mic under her dress (??) and all the scrutiny - it solidifies that THEY made the right decision by stepping back

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Me too. I also question the validity of “a royal adviser says”, it could be a gossiping person spreading Chinese whispers. Yet, they report it as fact.

Seeing how the media alone has reacted, posting what she’s wearing, whether she had a mic under her dress (??) and all the scrutiny - it solidifies that THEY made the right decision by stepping back
Or Reddit

Reactions: 1
do any of them do any real military service or is it all just for show? I’m pretty sure Willie spent most of his time piloting an air ambulance? Which is nobel but it’s not the same thing.

i thought Andrew was cheeky as duck wearing his medals. I appreciate that they’re his and he “earnt” them but i thought it was fully rude to wear them knowing he’s been stripped of his uniform

also love that some fella got arrested for correctly shouting at him that he’s a pedalo. Glad to see the police are using their time wisely whilst public money gets piddled down the drain 🙊
Out of all of them I'd have thought Harry was the most 'eligible' to wear his uniform - he did two tours in Afghanistan - I'm not sure the others actually did any actual military service? I seem to recall there being a big thing about Harry going into active service as an heir.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes! I’ve read on here before about influencers etc that sometimes news outlets and journalists use sites like this and Reddit for information or to find content. Not sure how true that is, but wouldn’t surprise me at all.
as far as I understand, they do. Sometimes they even credit the comments. They do it because they think they’re reflecting popular opinions not the opinions of wierd small groups of people living in an echo chamber (I’d argue that’s why we get into a mess with some ideas in contemporary society, because people peddle the ideas of some wierdo shouting loudly on the internet as fact).

im reality the only people I know who ACTUALLY can’t stand Meg are people who are super into the royals. Literally no one else gives a tit. Not one person.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

omg the 'microphone under the dress' or 'asking cameras to follow her everywhere for an upcoming netflix doc' line ALWAYS gets me giggling!!! my message to the all those weirdo haters: if you really want a netflix doc from Meghan that bad, it's okay to be honest! you want one to feed your obsession! it's fine!!

Out of all of them I'd have thought Harry was the most 'eligible' to wear his uniform - he did two tours in Afghanistan - I'm not sure the others actually did any actual military service? I seem to recall there being a big thing about Harry going into active service as an heir.
whats ironic is that out of all of them only Andrew and Harry have actually served... LOL

NOTE: not defending Andrew whatsoever, i don't even like him being a part of the public parts of this period.

Reactions: 7
sorry if I’m double posting, I do recall something about Harry being in active duty but I couldn’t be arsed to look it up and I wasn’t sure if I remembered properly

I think the issue is that everything with that family is smoke and mirrors. Even if Harry is the only one who’s actually a veteran they won’t care because it’s all about how they look. They’re peddling the idea that Harry’s the bad guy with his evil American wife so they’ll do whatever they can to make him look a fool.

Reactions: 6
I’m so sorry to use Daily Mail as the source but it is now being reported that Harry can wear a uniform at the Saturday vigil and Charles requested it, is the vigil private? I’m not sure why they wouldn’t let him wear the uniform on Saturday but not on Monday?

Reactions: 2
Are people serious when calling Harry a traitor? He would've been a traitor only if he a) joined ISIS or b) applied for a place of advisor in Putin's administration. :cool:
Last time I checked, he did neither.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
i absolutely don't want to stick up for andrew at all, but he did serve in the falklands, just like harry served in afghanistan

i don't get all the arguments about who should wear uniform or not, but surely those that have seen service should wear it...?

unlike weedy edward who dropped out after a couple of months, yet is still wandering around in a host of medals?

ugh, i honestly do not care.

shall we have a look at gorgeous duchess meghan? she's older than me and if i ever dipped this low, i would not get up again ❤

Screenshot_20220916-232426_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Starting disclaimer: obviously it’s entirely correct Andrew does not usually Don millitatry clothing as by his own stupidity and gross behaviour he brought them into disrepute.

Also, sorry for the long post. I just keep seeing so much disinformation about this all over the internet. People intentionally ignoring the rules of the British military to suit whichever side of the story they’re representing..

The Royal Family wear military uniforms because the Queen and now Charles were/are “head of the military” and therefore gave honoury positions to her children who arguably do a lot to support the military.

Charles and William both served in the military, but were banned from active service due to their direct link to the throne. William in that time was a pilot. When he left the army around the time of his marriage he used that skill for good and became a search and rescue pilot, a job he did for quite a few years, and he donated his wage… so he essentially did this for free, because he wanted a job and to use the skills he had for good, because he wasn’t allowed to go to Iraq etc.

Princess Anne has never seen military life in the real sense. She’s never trained etc, but she does do a lot of ceremonial things for them. Edward is the one who should be most embarrassed by wearing the uniform because he dropped out 🙄

The usual rules of military is that you are only allowed to wear a uniform after you’ve left the army if you’ve served for over 20 years.

Andrew saw active service during the falklands war. He was on the front line and he served the military for 22 years. The only other royal to serve in the army on the front line is of course Harry, who did two tours and was in the army for 12 years.

The actual member “most deserving” ie actually entitled to wear a uniform ignoring the fact he brought the forces into disrupte, is Andrew. This is why he was initially allowed when Harry was not, because by the rules of the military itself, he is entitled to wear the uniform he did due to his own service. I believe the uniform he wore was the level he had got up to in the military. A big issue he had before the Queen died is that his honoury positions were rightly taken away from him and he got his knickers in a twist that he wasn’t allowed to wear the level of uniform he wanted to. The regiment he had the honoury title with then said they didn’t want him to have that anymore and he kind of shut up (and good because he’s a dick).

By the rules of the military Harry isn’t entitled to wear a uniform anymore because he left the army before the 20 year entitlement, and when he moved to America the Queen stripped him of his honoury titles as these come with an expected level of work and representation in the UK, which he was not able to do living in America.

That is why Andrew was originally allowed and Harry was not.

That all being said, I am glad an exception had been made in this case. Harry clearly does love the military and I am sure, had he stayed living in the UK it’s probably one of the Royal Duties he enjoyed the most and would have wanted to continue with. It was also getting a bit ridiculous that, that was the story rather than the Queen dying.

I really believe that Harry did not make a fuss about this. I think Andrew was allowed to wear it at one final request of the Queen that Charles didn’t feel he could go against, and I don’t think Harry would have wanted to rock that boat at this time.

I am glad Charles made the decision to let him.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Starting disclaimer: obviously it’s entirely correct Andrew does not usually Don millitatry clothing as by his own stupidity and gross behaviour he brought them into disrepute.

Also, sorry for the long post. I just keep seeing so much disinformation about this all over the internet. People intentionally ignoring the rules of the British military to suit whichever side of the story they’re representing..

The Royal Family wear military uniforms because the Queen and now Charles were/are “head of the military” and therefore gave honoury positions to her children who arguably do a lot to support the military.

Charles and William both served in the military, but were banned from active service due to their direct link to the throne. William in that time was a pilot. When he left the army around the time of his marriage he used that skill for good and became a search and rescue pilot, a job he did for quite a few years, and he donated his wage… so he essentially did this for free, because he wanted a job and to use the skills he had for good, because he wasn’t allowed to go to Iraq etc.

Princess Anne has never seen military life in the real sense. She’s never trained etc, but she does do a lot of ceremonial things for them. Edward is the one who should be most embarrassed by wearing the uniform because he dropped out 🙄

The usual rules of military is that you are only allowed to wear a uniform after you’ve left the army if you’ve served for over 20 years.

Andrew saw active service during the falklands war. He was on the front line and he served the military for 22 years. The only other royal to serve in the army on the front line is of course Harry, who did two tours and was in the army for 12 years.

The actual member “most deserving” ie actually entitled to wear a uniform ignoring the fact he brought the forces into disrupte, is Andrew. This is why he was initially allowed when Harry was not, because by the rules of the military itself, he is entitled to wear the uniform he did due to his own service. I believe the uniform he wore was the level he had got up to in the military. A big issue he had before the Queen died is that his honoury positions were rightly taken away from him and he got his knickers in a twist that he wasn’t allowed to wear the level of uniform he wanted to. The regiment he had the honoury title with then said they didn’t want him to have that anymore and he kind of shut up (and good because he’s a dick).

By the rules of the military Harry isn’t entitled to wear a uniform anymore because he left the army before the 20 year entitlement, and when he moved to America the Queen stripped him of his honoury titles as these come with an expected level of work and representation in the UK, which he was not able to do living in America.

That is why Andrew was originally allowed and Harry was not.

That all being said, I am glad an exception had been made in this case. Harry clearly does love the military and I am sure, had he stayed living in the UK it’s probably one of the Royal Duties he enjoyed the most and would have wanted to continue with. It was also getting a bit ridiculous that, that was the story rather than the Queen dying.

I really believe that Harry did not make a fuss about this. I think Andrew was allowed to wear it at one final request of the Queen that Charles didn’t feel he could go against, and I don’t think Harry would have wanted to rock that boat at this time.

I am glad Charles made the decision to let him.
thanks for the clarification but, personally, I don’t give a rats behind how long Randy Andy served. He’s disgusting. On his own page here there’s a video of him copping a feel of his own daughters arse. The man is more than just a disgrace to the monarchy but the entire country and I personally think we should fling him over the Atlantic Ocean and let the Americans eat him alive in the Epstein case. And let’s be honest that’s going to be a far more exciting watch than promoting a 74 year old grandfather to head of state in a rediculously elaborate ceremony that costs plenty of £££ whilst the rest of us wonder how we’re going to heat our homes this winter.

I have so many more criticisms of the monarchy and I’m so ready for them to end, I’m not really arsed about who does and doesn’t get to play military dress up.

I will add though that I think it’s wrong to strip Harry of the things he did actually do for the military because he emigrated. A regular ex serviceman wouldn’t have those things taken from him if he moved abroad.

thanks for the clarification but, personally, I don’t give a rats behind how long Randy Andy served. He’s disgusting. On his own page here there’s a video of him copping a feel of his own daughters arse. The man is more than just a disgrace to the monarchy but the entire country and I personally think we should fling him over the Atlantic Ocean and let the Americans eat him alive in the Epstein case. And let’s be honest that’s going to be a far more exciting watch than promoting a 74 year old grandfather to head of state in a rediculously elaborate ceremony that costs plenty of £££ whilst the rest of us wonder how we’re going to heat our homes this winter.

I have so many more criticisms of the monarchy and I’m so ready for them to end, I’m not really arsed about who does and doesn’t get to play military dress up.

I will add though that I think it’s wrong to strip Harry of the things he did actually do for the military because he emigrated. A regular ex serviceman wouldn’t have those things taken from him if he moved abroad.
That’s fair enough, I did make it clear I didn’t think Andrew should be wearing it.

However they didn’t strip Harry of anything other than honorary titles, which were given to him by the Queen as a working Royal, the same as the honorary titles the others have. He wasn’t striped of anything he was entitled to through his service. That was literally the point I was making in my post. He didn’t serve the 20 years that the military (not the royal family) set as the period of entitlement to wear a uniform after you retire. He retired from service. If he had been striped of what he had earnt himself he wouldn’t be allowed to wear medals.

As his statement said earlier this week, wearing a uniform or not wearing a uniform does not take away his years in the military.

Harry has more of a right to wear military uniform than Edward! Two weeks in the Marines (I might be exaggerating) before becoming a theatrical tea boy

Reactions: 5
despite being completely anti-royal and not maternal in the slightest, i just found myself googling liz's great-grandchildren (i wanted to know who's the oldest - it's savannah phillips)

and how bleeping gorge is lilibet?? perfect mashup of her parents 😻

20220917_193602.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Trying hard not to lower the tone here since we are all in ✨mourning✨ but Harry looks so attractive in his uniform. Yeeeeesh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Trying hard not to lower the tone here since we are all in ✨mourning✨ but Harry looks so attractive in his uniform. Yeeeeesh.
omg I’ve been thirsting over him with my friend too, you’re not alone 😂

tbf him in the morning suit after issuing that ‘f*ck you’ statement definitely did things to me… 🥵

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.