Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are people's feelings on all of this spray tan talk?
It’s giving ‘Woman appears darker after spending summer in California’.

Like… duh? She’s not exactly going to get lighter.
The term ‘grasping at straws comes to mind’.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
What are people's feelings on all of this spray tan talk?
That second headline is sickening. The same people who claim that racism plays no part in their dislike for Meghan will write and share the same views as articles like that. I find it laughable how people think headlines about Kate’s weight back in the day (which I obviously think were disgusting too) are in any way comparable to the daily hate campaign against Meghan simply existing.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It was nice that Meghan got to join Harry in the procession - I couldn’t actually see her til towards the end

Reactions: 7
That person is bragging about setting us straight on the trash thread too haha!

Anyway, I wonder if they will be flying the kids (and Meghan’s mum) over for the funeral. I sort of hope not as they’re so young and obviously don’t really know that side of the family
I read somewhere, can’t remember where, that the kids were fond of Kate and will’s kids? And Kate and will’s kids were fond of Harry and Meghan?

Reactions: 1
i was so excited to find this thread because the Harry and megs hate train thread is always in the rant section and those people are out of their damn minds. They had a whole thread crying about Harry and Meg holding hands! Dissapointed to come here and find they’re allowed to keep spewing their crap.

Might I suggest to any royal bootlicking orbiters that one should return to one’s own thread to resume sniffing one’s own farts.

It was nice that Meghan got to join Harry in the procession - I couldn’t actually see her til towards the end
I was literally mid argument with my Dad (another royal fanatic) about it when we saw her. We’re watching an ancient ceremony that I’m only bothering to watch because it’s historic and not because I give one moments crap about any of these people and hes sitting there bellyaching about Megan. If she shows up, she’s making everything about her, if she stays at home, she’s disrespectful.

i do think Meg looked fabulous. I did laugh to myself that the royal fanatics in the other thread were tearing her apperance apart for looking overdone when their beloved princess Kate doesn’t seem to realise it’s not 2010 anymore and we’re not doing muddy streaks on our cheeks or wearing super dark black panda eyes like we’re off to relive our MySpace days (also she can wear whatever she likes I literally couldn’t care less. Meg looked lovely and fresh faced we can all get over it)

the press HATED Kate for years, all that “waity Katie” crap. They ripped her a new one every new week, I honestly think she stuck it out because she comes across as a bit of a pushover and, well, if they got married then one day she’d be queen consort. I remember how people dug into her family tree and literally tore the woman to shreds, especially her parents and sister. Also there was some huge snub to the queen incident surrounding their engagement? But that all got forgotten as soon as Megan came along and could be thrown into the alligator pit. Now kate is the perfect princess and Megan the evil American harlot!

just to touch on the “private ceremony” thing. My partner is American and their weddings are very different. In my opinion Megan is purposefully left out of protocols being properly explained to her, the RF and their institution don’t like her so they purposefully let her make an idiot out of herself (and because she’s American she can be saddled with the double whammy of the “dumb American” stereotype). When the Americans get married they file their paperwork after the ceremony. It’s very possible that she just misunderstood what was happening as Brits sign the register during the ceremony itself and to be honest it makes sense to have a little private ceremony before being on display for the world to criticise you. I imagine most of the wedding was planned FOR her and she didn’t go through the immigration process that most people who marry internationally go through so she likely just didn’t understand.

and like I said, I think most of her faults can be chalked upto just misunderstanding because the process hasn’t been properly explained to her (and she’s been walked backwards and cornered into a situation where she can’t ask any questions).

to touch on the racism issue. I 100% believe her. Like I said my partner is American and not only is he American he’s not white. I have had to deal with a lot of racism from my side of the family, 99% of the time it’s never said infront of my partner or to his face, but people will boldly say it to me and I dread to think what they say when my back is turned. No I’m not royalty but the class system in the UK is deeply imbedded and it comes down from the royals - they had every oppertunity to treat her with respect, welcome her to the family and at least show off having a duchess who is a WOC. It would be historic and a true testimony to modernising an institution I wish we could just do away with. People just do not want to admit how imbedded racism is - and most of it isn’t slurs and obvious, it’s subtle jabs and jibes or jokes at their expense. I had to “break up” with my best friend of over ten years because of the way her husband treated my partner - I have no doubts that Harry has been through the same thing. It genuinely shocked me to deal with it first hand. I have no doubts she cocked up some of the details on TV or it was edited and whatever else but I do believe the core of what they were trying to get across

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m so glad that I’ve found this thread! I can’t stand the dog piling that is happening. Not a royalist at all, but there are people who are who are bashing M whenever they get the chance.

Do I believe racist comments were made about their babies? Yes! But H & M never specified who, just said they were senior members which could mean anyone as there are a lot of senior members. It could have been an Aunty, uncle etc. But people are acting like Meghan called the Queen out directly for saying it (I have a feeling it was Phillip though!)

I see a lot of comments about Meghan *only* being here for the Queen’s proceedings so that she has content for her podcast or Netflix show. A quick Google shows that they haven’t announced what the Netflix show is going to be, but it’s likely to be about their life in America? Not about the RF. It’s not confirmed though. As for her podcast, the way people kept bringing it up made it sound as though her entire podcast was made to bash the royal family. So I gave it a listen, it’s about feminism and debunking words that are often used to degrade women! There are a few comments she makes, such as “when I started dating Harry, I was called xyz in the media” but she doesn’t say anything more, nothing about the RF. It’s mainly around the guests she has on. She had Mariah Carey, they discussed the word ‘diva’ and what that means to her. Serena Williams and ‘ambitious’ etc.

The papers - the headlines are always to provoke, but usually people don’t read the article. Apparently M&H was late to something the other day? It doesn’t even say “a royal insider said.” Just pure speculation. Most articles are thought pieces from the journalist. Even when the articles says about a royal insider having said something, how do they know it’s 100% true? But again, Meghan gets tit on for hearsay. As far as I know, H&M haven’t said anything scandalous about the RF since Oprah. Happy to be proven wrong, but again, it’s made out as though they’re just being spiteful constantly and running to the media when it seems to be not the case?

Finally, why is Meghan getting all of the tit? Harry never had much of an interest in the royal life, but did it out of duty but it was clear that he hated it. He saw what was happening to Meghan, and got her out of there. But apparently M manipulated him and it’s her fault. He said some of the more damning things against the RF in the interview but yet again, she is the one controlling him? Princess Diana never conformed to a lot of protocol, and evidently hated being restricted by the confines of the RF and she was (what I believe) to be groomed by her family for the royal family! That lifestyle doesn’t suit everyone, sometimes you don’t know or realise how intense it could be until you try.

Sorry for the long post, it’s just ridiculous. No matter what Meghan does, is wrong. She follows protocol, but she’s wrong as she’s not a royal. She doesn’t, she’s being disrespectful. She smiles, how dare she? She looks sad, well she’s just an actress and she’s faking it. All that BOTH Meghan AND Harry did wrong, was speak a few home truths about the family setup. Diana did the same in her interviews and they tried to silence her too! She’s hardly parading around London getting attention, she’s supporting her husband like most wives would do.

Blaming Meghan for killing the Queen is ridiculous 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
My partner who is really not fussed about anything Meghan and Harry related (he’s pretty out of the loop except for what I tell him) saw the twitter clip below of Harry that’s doing the rounds and was saying how awful it is that anyone could feel that way and that he “ripped his dad a new one - good!”. I had never seen the clip until a few days ago but I’m sure we can all see ourselves or someone we know in the clip when Harry speaks about how Meghan wanted to kill herself

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Do I believe racist comments were made about their babies? Yes! But H & M never specified who, just said they were senior members which could mean anyone as there are a lot of senior members.
but then all the royalists come out screaming THEY SHOULD TELL US WHO SAID IT THEN!!! Like, errrr, I thought you all had your panties in a twist about the show in the first place, if they’d said who it was you’d have all tied yourself in knots that it wasn’t that person.

i reckon it was either someone who would cause a scandal (my bets are on old big ears or queenie herself, maybe Willie thrown in there too) or someone that has a lot of say but isn’t actually a member of the royal family - one of the “grey suits” in which case there’s no point saying anything because none of us know who they are? Maybe it was all of them having a good chortle to themselves in the palace, giving each other a good pat on the back for all being born into a life of privilege whilst the Brits who pay for them are plummeted into poverty.

Harry and Megs left so that Megan didn’t end up in a car crash in a Paris bridge. Imagine if they’d said that in an interview In the UK, they’d have flown her home in a body bag.

Blaming Meghan for killing the Queen is ridiculous 🙄
omg come off it, she CLEARLY worked some black lady Native American voodoo magic to take her out, and she waited until some random date in September whilst she was at home in America to do it to put ALL the attention on herself. The witch! Christ alive anyone would think they caught her walking out of the drawing room with a candlestick.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I saw a comment saying she was disrespectful holding Harry’s hand yesterday. How do they know he didn’t take her hand because he wanted comfort

Reactions: 12
I saw a comment saying she was disrespectful holding Harry’s hand yesterday. How do they know he didn’t take her hand because he wanted comfort
and Zara and Mike held hands on the way out too - but it’s “ok” because they weren’t part of the procession??

i also saw comments that Meghan was smirking during the service honestly she’s picked apart

• Sad
i also saw comments that Meghan was smirking during the service honestly she’s picked apart
they clearly tried so hard not to film the Duchess of Sussex 👸🏽 as to not anger the royal plebs and force them to focus on the queen they proclaim to love so much. Couldn’t stop themselves screenshotting her at any moment she was on TV and zooming in on her like a bag of rabid ferrets.
My personal favrioute was the pixelated zooms in on her squeezing his hand. It clearly shows that she’s dominated him just like she plans to dominate the monarchy! Not at all because she’s terrified and going to be picked apart by crazy people

also they keep bitching about hazza not being there for queenies demise but… I’ve worked a lot in death, some people really don’t want to see that. I can imagine it conjures up a lot of memories of his mum and he’s got a wife and two babies to care for. These people have zero critical thinking skills

Reactions: 12
My partner who is really not fussed about anything Meghan and Harry related (he’s pretty out of the loop except for what I tell him) saw the twitter clip below of Harry that’s doing the rounds and was saying how awful it is that anyone could feel that way and that he “ripped his dad a new one - good!”. I had never seen the clip until a few days ago but I’m sure we can all see ourselves or someone we know in the clip when Harry speaks about how Meghan wanted to kill herself

This is such a sad video. You can hear the pain in his voice 😔

I do wonder how the RF treat mental health, considering our own Queen rarely showed emotions as it was a “sign of weakness.” Could you imagine the press Meghan would have gotten, or Diana if they went to a hospital for their mental health? It’s not as easy as “just go get it looked at then”

Reactions: 6
Glad I have found this thread.

Everyone kicking off about the pair of them holding hands is just ridiculous. People are acting like they were eating each other’s faces infront of the coffin. I hold my husbands hand all the time especially if I know he is struggling. Yesterday would have been so traumatic and triggering for Harry.

i also think it was disgraceful that Harry wasn’t allowed to wear his military uniform. Regardless of his position or role within the Royal Family, he is a solider. A solider who served his country for 10 years. It made me so angry to see him like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She shouldn’t have held his hand (or grabbed it, because she’s manipulative don’t you know?) because it’s protocol. But I thought they were glad she’s not a working royal? Surely by their own standards, it doesn’t matter what they do because they aren’t royals anymore anyway 🙄

I would be holding my husbands hand tightly too, if I had to do something where I know I’m going to get judged and scrutinised while mourning. Clearly the “there’s no right or wrong way to mourn” doesn’t apply to Meghan as she’s just an actress 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 8
You are all a breath of fresh air. ❤

It is so funny to me how people are giving themselves an aneurysm over them holding hands. Imagine your life being that miserable. The Meghan haters would have been all "aw look at the LOVE and SUPPORT between Will and Kate, perfect couple" if it had been them.

• Heart
The papers - the headlines are always to provoke, but usually people don’t read the article.
It's also the fact that their sources are almost always the Sun or Daily Mail... (dis)respectfully, I can't take anyone who takes those types of news outlets as gospel seriously

Reactions: 13
This is lovely to see; a nice, positive thread 🙂 For my part, I have always loved Harry. He is only a couple years younger than me and I feel like I’ve grown up with him and Wills. I always thought he was fun loving, a deep thinker, loyal, probably insecure and conflicted but an all-round good egg. He reminds me a lot of my slightly wayward but very sweet brother.

I’ll never forget how uncomfortable I felt seeing them walk behind their mother’s hearse and I can’t imagine how triggering it must have been for them to have to repeat that.

I genuinely think Harry wanted to leave the royal lifestyle long before Meghan came along. When we meet and fall in love with the right person, that person helps us become better versions of ourselves, they support us in our decision making and, yes, empower us to make changes.

I don’t buy this narrative that Meghan somehow ‘took him away’ or brainwashed him. He’s an adult FFS.

What I do know is that the British tabloids absolutely know that any story about Meghan generates anger, and anger generates more clicks and shares than happiness (This has been proved to be the case particularly with social media algorithms).

The reporters and editors know this, and what matters to them is the story, the commercial activity that sits behind it and pays their wages/shareholders, and the need to keep audiences engaged and sharing their content or talking about it.

It is, therefore, ironic to me that anti-Meghan and Harry sentiment is shared in forums like this. The only two outcomes: are extra traffic to tabloid websites (winners: the tabloids and advertisers) and increased hostility which can be further manipulated with more stories. People say ‘look at this story and SEE how AWFUL she is!’ while simultaneously enabling the stories to keep coming and coming and coming… as a consequence, their dislike grows and they get more angry.

It is a media masterclass in building a business model on rancour, contempt and prejudice.

Meghan might not be perfect. Harry isn’t either. But is anyone? No. All this wailing of their revelations *bringing down the monarchy* - witch, please. Our sovereignty will survive just fine, thanks.

My way of dealing with it is by not engaging with any of these stories. I know that the less people engage, the less interesting it becomes. We have the power to do this, each and every one of us, but many of us don’t because, sadly, we get a kick out of being angry and are happy to be gaslit by our own media organisations.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
New to this thread and I'm so glad I've found it as I was beginning to think I was going mad.

Honestly neither of them would be able to do right for doing wrong.

I don't understand the military uniform thing. None of them are active in service anymore so by that thinking none of them should be wearing one? Andrew was stripped of all of his patronages and "working royal" stuff wasn't he? But he was going to be wearing a uniform?

Reactions: 6
I don't understand the military uniform thing. None of them are active in service anymore so by that thinking none of them should be wearing one? Andrew was stripped of all of his patronages and "working royal" stuff wasn't he? But he was going to be wearing a uniform?
do any of them do any real military service or is it all just for show? I’m pretty sure Willie spent most of his time piloting an air ambulance? Which is nobel but it’s not the same thing.

i thought Andrew was cheeky as duck wearing his medals. I appreciate that they’re his and he “earnt” them but i thought it was fully rude to wear them knowing he’s been stripped of his uniform

also love that some fella got arrested for correctly shouting at him that he’s a pedalo. Glad to see the police are using their time wisely whilst public money gets piddled down the drain 🙊

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.