Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Charles' aides fear Sussexes will overshadow the Queen's Jubilee https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...num-Jubilee.html?ito=native_share_article-top

Oh look its hate Meghan day again 🙄🙄🙄
Just reaching half the time. The comments on the daily Mail article I read this morning were surprisingly supportive of H&M. Lady who posted the tiktoks had it spot on. They never knew they were in the UK and now they’ll start the slagging off them both.

Precictable. No wonder Harry wants to protect his wife and children from the awful UK press

Reactions: 11
Just reaching half the time. The comments on the daily Mail article I read this morning were surprisingly supportive of H&M. Lady who posted the tiktoks had it spot on. They never knew they were in the UK and now they’ll start the slagging off them both.

Precictable. No wonder Harry wants to protect his wife and children from the awful UK press
Matta of Fact is a brilliant tiktokker when it comes to this topic.

Reactions: 2
I know this was posted aaages ago, but have had some thoughts on this for a long time.
Since when was a woman - any woman - obliged to keep in contact with a man?
Since when was a woman obliged to take his phone calls?
Since when was a woman obliged to be his friend?
Women aren't obligated to make a man comfortable. They aren't obliged to do his emotional labour and worry about his feelings. If for any reason they cut contact, that should be respected. Goodness, it's part of the Abusive Male Charter to demand that a woman be biddable, demure, giving and permanently kind, no matter what.
Meghan met him once. ONCE. And then decided not to meet up again. She and Piers weren't in a relationship. She was in a relationship with Harry. Probably, due to a combination of sleazy behaviour and indiscretion in her presence, she chose not to continue the connection. Anyone who doesn't understand that should probably read a book on a) pathological narcissism (Morgan) and b) stalking (again, Morgan). His behaviour has, and was, dangerous.

Again, this reply is very, very late - I only found this thread this morning!
My money is on Anne. She's rude, arrogant, snobby and hideously entitled; someone who prides herself on 'saying what she thinks'. Phillip's daughter through and through.
Wouldn't surprise me if William were part of the race issue, too, given how appallingly he treated POCs on the recent colonial-Caribbean disaster tour.
It's unimaginable, what Meghan had to suffer and still suffers. She's even being lambasted over whether she shall attend the Beckham wedding (which is happening thousands of miles from Montecito, not next door, as the royal reporters seem to think). All I see is a young woman who tried very hard to do the best for that awful family, despite the racism that was thrown at her, and continues to be hounded - usually to cover up for Paedrew - for literally breathing.

I also hate the portrayal of Meghan as some kind of Lady Macbeth. The royal correspondents seem to agree that Harry has loathed the British media since childhood (what a surprise!) and that it was only when he was married to Meghan, became a parent and saw the impact the media was having that he felt capable of planning an exit route. Such a sexist portrayal, the conniving woman leading the poor innocent prince astray.
It's not just that, it's blatant misogynoir. The intersection of Meghan's blackness, her womanhood, and her class/nationality has created a perfect storm in the minds of royals and their reporters. All the 'exotic' tropes - her DNA, the fact that her mother has locs - has been spun into a femme fatale narrative, as if Harry has been taken hostage by her predatory vagina. It's a trope that has long been used in white circles in the West - that a man loses his agency and wits when he is taken prisoner by a woman who is represented as 'Other' (Othering is a way of casting those people of colour as 'sensual, otherworldly, good at religion but not at all good at self-governance' (Dimitri Gutas). It is very convenient for people like Piers Morgan, Richard Kay, Dan Wooten, etc to use these horrible narratives to sell an anti-Meghan narrative to an older white audience. It's hideous. It's out of date. It must be eradicated.
Brilliantly put.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That was a nice interview with Harry. So intrigued to know what he means by making sure the Queen has "the right people" around her.

Reactions: 1

I like this woman's commentary on the British royal family a lot, balanced, sensible, clear-headed. And she takes no tit from the anti-Meghan obsessives.

Matta of Fact is a brilliant tiktokker when it comes to this topic.
Is this the lady who yesterday called Prince Louis feral? He is a 4 year old child! How delightful she is!
Apologies if it is not the same person but if it is, how can you call her sensible and brilliant?
Say what you like about the parents but imho their children are off limits.

Reactions: 7
Is this the lady who yesterday called Prince Louis feral? He is a 4 year old child! How delightful she is!
Apologies if it is not the same person but if it is, how can you call her sensible and brilliant?
Say what you like about the parents but imho their children are off limits.
Feral isn't necessarily an insult, though. I watched the video and she's talking about Louis being more of a rambunctious, older child. It was a very positive video. Shame that people jumped on the word feral and she started getting death threats.
Her entire video on Louis was positive.

And yes, I think she's brilliant.

Reactions: 2
Feral isn't necessarily an insult, though. I watched the video and she's talking about Louis being more of a rambunctious, older child. It was a very positive video. Shame that people jumped on the word feral and she started getting death threats.
Her entire video on Louis was positive.

And yes, I think she's brilliant.
If my children were described as feral I can assure you it would not be taken as a compliment!
Feral is NOT a positive term whichever way people now wish to dress it up but to receive death threats over it is ridiculous.

Racism. The whole palace is a racist institution. Diana called the background people, the men in grey, and she feared them.
Meghan is a fantastic gift sent from above to Harry. Harry needs that kind of strong female energy around him. Kate would struggle to blow out a candle.
The visits to countries, especially ex commonwealth countries should be stopped forever. It’s just crass sending royalty a place that has been liberated from the U.K. rule. The men in grey back at the palace missed that one.
I expect the Queen will die this year. She’s off her feet. Her kidneys will probably take her o7t during her sleep.
Meghan and Harry were correct to set sail for pastures new. Prince Andrew, clearly a predator that doesn’t have the wit or wisdom to accept he has been a monster in girls lives. Keep the kids far from him.
As to Prince Charles and Camilla. Well, we are stuck with them.

Reactions: 12
When your Mum messages to say she's seen a news article saying Lilibet isn't coming over to the UK because she's down syndrome and Harry and Meghan are ashamed of her 😱🙄😓 what the actual duck?!?! This week is going to be a nightmare with the media! 😬

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Quite astounded at the amount of tit that gets spread about them, won’t mention it here as it seems counter productive but needless to say I get why they don’t want to be in the UK!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Quite astounded at the amount of tit that gets spread about them, won’t mention it here as it seems counter productive but needless to say I get why they don’t want to be in the UK!
Yet here they are… 😜

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The idea that people are still so personally offended by this family dispute makes me CRINGE.

Anyway, Meghan’s white Dior look today was 👌 and I love those photos of her whispering with the kids at the palace.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I've not really watched any of the jubilee tit cos idgaf but the way the rw press have insisted that the boos for boris were meant for meghan is laughable

Reactions: 14
I've not really watched any of the jubilee tit cos idgaf but the way the rw press have insisted that the boos for boris were meant for meghan is laughable
I’m finding the boos for Meghan and Harry very hard to hear. No doubt part of it is because of the bells, but also there just seems a small group of people. Hardly representative of anything

Reactions: 7
They came in separately. Boris got a lot of boos.

H&M got some boos and cheers.

You didn't honestly think they walked in at the same time, did you?!

Reactions: 3
just seen the footage of louis smacking his hand over kate's mouth! and all of royalist twitter thinks he's adorable! 🥴 royalists are bleeping insane!

just imagine the censure if that was archie and meghan

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.