Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t mind the name Lilibet, it doesn’t really do with Archie but I suppose she’ll probably just go by Lili.
I think Lili and Archie work well as sibling names. I don’t often like it when people change the y for and i but I think it works well here.
Really perplexed at the outpouring of dislike to hatred over this name. Like I doubt the Queen is sitting in her chair, reading Twitter going “thank you Sharon from Wakefield for sticking up for me. It *is* disrespectful!”
Like give it a break, the child will be known as Lili anyway so let’s all chill.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I find it so odd how people are offended over Harry naming his child after his own grandmother. I think most people would feel honoured if a relative of theres named their child after them. If any of the queens other grandchildren had done it everyone would say what a lovely gesture it is at this point people just love to moan about any odd thing.

Reactions: 9
I find it so odd how people are offended over Harry naming his child after his own grandmother. I think most people would feel honoured if a relative of theres named their child after them. If any of the queens other grandchildren had done it everyone would say what a lovely gesture it is at this point people just love to moan about any odd thing.
Completely agree. I would say all grandparents would be delighted if you named your child after them. To report that Harry didn't "ask for permission" is absolutely mental. He doesn't need permission!

Reactions: 7
I’d have loved for them to call the baby Diana rather than having it as a middle name. Imagine how many feathers that would have ruffled 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've read that people think it's crass, disgusting and uncouth of them to use the name Lilibet? I'm sorry but the leaps and bounds people make just to criticise M&H is so insane to me, it's literally a name!!

Reactions: 5
It's the vile and at this point open racism against Meghan that gets me. It's always been racist, but most royal bootlickers are now just happily posting racist comments and memes that make me want to vomit. And this will never end. Until one of them dies or they divorce, this will continue for decades.
Disgusting........can you please post a link to any of these racist memes etc as I haven't seen any.
Still waiting for any links........
I'm shocked by this because I haven’t seen any?
@londongirl2001 could you link evidence of this xx

I've read that people think it's crass, disgusting and uncouth of them to use the name Lilibet? I'm sorry but the leaps and bounds people make just to criticise M&H is so insane to me, it's literally a name!!
the media enjoy the drama, they drum up a lot of it for clicks

Now, I view that meme and tweet as them missing a 'jumping on the bandwagon' opportunity. Not racism.

Why isn't it 'racism' to name their child after two of the most white privileged women in the world?

Double standards.
I see you regularly post on the non-rave thread - are you lost? It feels like you’re just trying to bait for an argument now. Obviously we’re not going to start posting abusive memes for you to look at.

They aren’t referring to racism on Tattle.

Reactions: 14
I see you regularly post on the non-rave thread - are you lost? It feels like you’re just trying to bait for an argument now. Obviously we’re not going to start posting abusive memes for you to look at.
This is a forum. I expect people to back up accusational posts (especially at this sensitive time) with links. I am not baiting and I can post here as long as I don't.

This is a forum. I expect people to back up accusational posts (especially at this sensitive time) with links. I am not baiting and I can post here as long as I don't.

Hey @Oohthedrama/mods, could you clear this up for us?

Should we really be providing evidence of racism against H&M (that takes place off Tattle) in order for us to discuss it here?

Personally if I was to back up each accusational post it would:
A) take all day because of the sheer amount of evidence online (away from Tattle)
B) make me sad because this space would be full of racist content

Thank you

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hey @Oohthedrama/mods, could you clear this up for us?

Should we really be providing evidence of racism against H&M (that takes place off Tattle) in order for us to discuss it here?

Personally if I was to back up each accusational post it would:
A) take all day because of the sheer amount of evidence online (away from Tattle)
B) make me sad because this space would be full of racist content

Thank you
I think it’s important to share any racism against them for sure! (Nobody needs to gather evidence and post every single tweet from a well known account) If reported a mod will decide if it needs to be removed, there is also the spoiler option to hide it from view, but racism now, ever! especially when it’s linked to a baby, shouldn’t be tolerated. I see the word thrown about and I feel personally without evidence it invalidates the racism that regular folk receive daily, every waking moment of their lives, I don’t like to see anyone weaponise a movement for personal gain, I believe Meghan did receive a fair amount of abuse and criticism as their marriage progressed and they became more active in public life, and undertones of racism from the press, for sure, Kate received similar judgments when she married into the family, but she ruffled no feathers and kept her head down and that’s clearly not Meghan’s personality, but racism now, especially towards a baby I haven’t seen. Just a lot of conv around their behaviour with the media and family etc.

I think we know on all threads when someone is goading, I don’t like Harry, my issue has mostly been with him 🙈 I don’t want to hide that or derail this thread but @MoodyBlue asked a genuine question. Nobody has the right to kick them off the thread

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I do hope Lili doesn’t become a super popular name!

I’m half chinese and my Chinese name is Jing Li, and I’ve always gone by Lili but preferring to spell it a LiLi. There are loads of Chinese people nicknamed as LiLi. It’s pronounced as Lee-Lee instead of Lily but I don’t mind the latter.

I imagine there’s going to be a lot more Western Lilis soon but not too many I hope 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Okay, but you're asking people on a rave thread to post links/tweets/evidence of rascist comments about Meghan and her baby in this topic. Did you really expect people to deliver? It's a rave thread...
If you really want to know what's out there in that respect, you can Google/look around on Twitter. I'm sure you'll find something and if you don't, or you don't think it's that bad/rascist/whatever, that's your opinion which you are entitled to. But honestly, you can't expect people who like H&M to start spreading hateful tweets in a rave thread...

Anyway, that's just my two cents. And noone probably asked for it.
I don't care about the name of the baby that much, and I also don't know why so many people do 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 15
Okay, but you're asking people on a rave thread to post links/tweets/evidence of rascist comments about Meghan and her baby in this topic. Did you really expect people to deliver? It's a rave thread...
If you really want to know what's out there in that respect, you can Google/look around on Twitter. I'm sure you'll find something and if you don't, or you don't think it's that bad/rascist/whatever, that's your opinion which you are entitled to. But honestly, you can't expect people who like H&M to start spreading hateful tweets in a rave thread...

Anyway, that's just my two cents. And noone probably asked for it.
I don't care about the name of the baby that much, and I also don't know why so many people do 🤷‍♀️
I like the name lily regardless of how it’s spelled 🙈 i don’t understand why so many don’t.
she will be called Lili and it’s a cute name!

Reactions: 2
I like the name lily regardless of how it’s spelled 🙈 i don’t understand why so many don’t.
she will be called Lili and it’s a cute name!
Yeah, I probably worded it wrong (English isn't my first language).
I do like Lily/Lili, it's a cute name. I just mean I genuinely don't care how they named her. And I don't get why people are so invested in the name of a stranger's baby 😅

Reactions: 4
Yeah, I probably worded it wrong (English isn't my first language).
I do like Lily/Lili, it's a cute name. I just mean I genuinely don't care how they named her. And I don't get why people are so invested in the name of a stranger's baby 😅
amen 😆 I do like old fashioned names though so I really like Lily, Rose etc.
it’s quite bizarre so much attention is being given to who told whom and what the press are saying though, it really should be ignored by all involved.
I have no interest in seeing the kid either 🙈 all children should be kept offline imo.

Reactions: 3
Now, I view that meme and tweet as them missing a 'jumping on the bandwagon' opportunity. Not racism.

Why isn't it 'racism' to name their child after two of the most white privileged women in the world?

Double standards.
I don't understand how naming their baby after the baby's Grandmother and Great-Grandmother would be racist? Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean, just genuinely confused.

Reactions: 6
If you do show evidence, we're told that it's not really racism, if we don't show evidence, then it doesnt exist/was just made up.
Exactly. You cannot win with certain people (not saying folks on this forum), because everything (racism, homophobia, classism, etc.) is explained away by either someone being dramatic, attention-seeking, or taking something too seriously. That is literally Meghan Markle's entire Royal Family experience - it was all made-up in the beginning, and then it was her wanting attention and blowing things out of proportion, and then it was "well... look at what she allegedly did to the staff at the palace! That means she is bad and therefore cannot experience racism."

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.