Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's undeniable that Meghan has been subjected to racism. Unfortunately it is the world we still live in and there is a lot of progress to be made. There have been obvious examples but it gets more complex when we consider covert racism. And it's as if some people will only accept racism claims if there is an obvious slur or insult, which is why I think so many are still in denial that the UK still has a problem with racism.

I know it's not the same but similar with sexism. I've had a very sexist boss in the past, he never actually said "I'm doing this because you're a woman", but his behaviour was still sexist.

To be honest, I think the reason a lot of people are so eager to deny it is because they want to carry on hating without being considered racist or having to take a step back and examine their motives. It's fine if someone isn't a fan of hers, I don't think that everyone who doesn't like her is racist, but denying she has experienced any racism is pretty ridiculous IMO.

I hope this makes sense, I definitely overthink posts like this as I want to try and explain myself properly and be more articulate than I actually am. 😂

Also this isn't about anyone on this thread or site. I don't read the other thread.

Reactions: 22
It’s such a strange contradiction isn’t it. Anyone with a good thing to say about H&M is practically expected to write a 500 word Point-Evidence-Explain analysis submitted with footnotes, sources and a bibliography. Even just to prove that a racist meme is definitely racist.

Meanwhile the racism and other abuse against them was allowed to go unchecked and unsubstantiated for years before they started speaking out. It’s exasperating.

I commend both Harry and Meghan for trying to take control of such a broken system, like Londongirl said before her post disappeared, it’s always a lose-lose situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
If anyone was wondering the woman who wrote the racist tweet about what M&H's child's name shouldve been has been fired by the Telegraph now so!

Reactions: 6
How can anybody think the criticism towards Kate versus the criticism towards Meghan are in any way comparable? When have Kate's children ever been referred to as 'it'? Where was the dispute over Charlotte being 'forever entitled' for having Elizabeth as a middle name? No mention of them stealing the queen's name either? Not that there should've been any criticism for any of that of course. There have been inexcusable misogynistic comments made about Kate's weight etc in the media of the years but in no way is it anything compared to the relentless focus on every single move Meghan makes. People claiming they didn't even know she was black are the same people now 'joking' about how she should've named her daughter after a murdered black man. The media are hounding her until she kills herself and then they will hound her when she is dead. It is so tragic and I really hope it doesn't get to that point but who would want to wake up every day to read such abuse about themselves? She couldn't even give birth in peace without being accused of all sorts for daring to name her daughter after a relative.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Not Thomas Markle piping up again 😂
This time on the subject of her being suicidal he was asked “Do you consider yourself to blame for her mental health struggling?” and he replies “Maybe... to some percentage... but she could’ve picked up the phone and called me. She has my phone number. So no.”

I hope Meghan’s managed to find peace in her life without a Dad because can you imagine how broken you’d feel to hear your father say that if he’d done everything that Thomas Markle has done?!

I have an estranged family member who would absolutely jump at the chance to paint themselves as a victim for a nice big pay cheque. They’re all the bloody same. Master manipulators.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This time on the subject of her being suicidal he was asked “Do you consider yourself to blame for her mental health struggling?” and he replies “Maybe... to some percentage... but she could’ve picked up the phone and called me. She has my phone number. So no.”

I hope Meghan’s managed to find peace in her life without a Dad because can you imagine how broken you’d feel to hear your father say that if he’d done everything that Thomas Markle has done?!

I have an estranged family member who would absolutely jump at the chance to paint themselves as a victim for a nice big pay cheque. They’re all the bloody same. Master manipulators.
Awful awful man. Don't know how anybody can sell stories about their own flesh and blood and sleep at night. No decent parent would dream of it for any amount of money.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Interesting that on Lili’s birth certificate Meghan hasn’t used her titles and is ‘just’ Rachel Meghan Markle. I remember people saying that she is obsessed with titles and is devastated to loose the HRH but she has ample opportunity to use them on the certificate and she doesn’t.

Reactions: 10
Interesting that on Lili’s birth certificate Meghan hasn’t used her titles and is ‘just’ Rachel Meghan Markle. I remember people saying that she is obsessed with titles and is devastated to loose the HRH but she has ample opportunity to use them on the certificate and she doesn’t.
Ah have they publish it?? I’ll have to go for a look.
Are they allowed to use the HRH now?

Ah have they publish it?? I’ll have to go for a look.
Are they allowed to use the HRH now?
Sorry, should have been more clear - she hasn’t used her Duchess of Sussex title like on Archie’s if I remember correctly. They still can’t use their HRH as far as I know.

What does all this hatred toward commoner girls who married in the royal families ( that includes Kate, Meghan, Sofia Helquist, Letizia and mary of Denmark) says about the state of mind of royal watchers?
I have a feeling that plenty of these sour ladies can't get over the fact that they will probabyl never ever meet someone rich enough to take care of them.

It boils down to this. Why Kate or Letizia can wear Balenciaga, have a vacation on Mustique or hob-nob with Hollywood stars...it should have been meeeeeeeee :m :cool:

• Haha
I found the H&M rave thread!!! Yay! I love Harry, he’s such a loveable rogue and not even a rogue anymore now he’s a husband and dad. I really don’t get the hatred towards Meghan. Why? What on earth has she done exactly to ever attract such hate?! She’s just a woman who found a nice guy a who happened to be a pretty big deal where he comes from. She didn’t understand the importance of his family, not in the same way we do as Brits. What actually has she done though? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It’s sick the hate she gets. I really think we owe Harry more than that. He didn’t go on Oprah and lie, she’s not controlling him. Harry was raised by royals, he’s a smart man with his own agenda. I’m thrilled for him. I hope he lives happily ever after with Meghan and his beautiful children. He deserves some peace.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27

In the case of ‘Baa, Baa, Black Sheep’, controversy first started in the 1980s and 1990s, when a few parents in the United Kingdom started to complain that their children were being taught a song that alluded to slavery. The reasoning here was that the titular “black sheep” was a reference to African slaves, with the wool referencing them being forced to work on farms.
In time, however, it became clear that the political climate in the UK had created a controversy where there really wasn’t one

Cant defend the other tweet in the slightest.

new day, let’s put a pin in it and leave it here!! ❤
I help my friend who teaches reception class and they sing " Ba Ba White sheep have you any wool ....?" been happening for a while actually>.
I'm not actually sure how I feel about this, ...... more sheep we see see in the fields are white as opposed to black, and then there's the "black sheep of the family " stuff so I'm happy to go with the teaching professionals on this one..
Just going to add, we found some Robertson Jam "badges". you know the ones I mean and now called gollies. Everything is of it's time and maybe some stuff needs to move one

• Haha
Reactions: 8
glad this thread's been re-upped. I literally do not give a tit about the royal family, but I'm happy to see harry making his own way

and I think we all know the reason meghan gets so much hate

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Cinnamon girl, I didn't write that all women who criticize Meghan, Kate or Letizia are failures or jealous. I just pointed out that there is a certain subset of royal watchers that takes a glee in basically hating any commoner girl who marries into royal family.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I like them both too. Piers Morgan needs to get over his obsession with Meghan its ridiculous now. He seems unable to go a day without talking about her.

I find it strange that they are doing an investigation on Meghan bullying staff just before her tell all interview but no investigation into Andrew and the company he chooses to keep. The truth is they don't like her as she of mixed heritage and American.
I know this was posted aaages ago, but have had some thoughts on this for a long time.
Since when was a woman - any woman - obliged to keep in contact with a man?
Since when was a woman obliged to take his phone calls?
Since when was a woman obliged to be his friend?
Women aren't obligated to make a man comfortable. They aren't obliged to do his emotional labour and worry about his feelings. If for any reason they cut contact, that should be respected. Goodness, it's part of the Abusive Male Charter to demand that a woman be biddable, demure, giving and permanently kind, no matter what.
Meghan met him once. ONCE. And then decided not to meet up again. She and Piers weren't in a relationship. She was in a relationship with Harry. Probably, due to a combination of sleazy behaviour and indiscretion in her presence, she chose not to continue the connection. Anyone who doesn't understand that should probably read a book on a) pathological narcissism (Morgan) and b) stalking (again, Morgan). His behaviour has, and was, dangerous.

Piers Morgan and co shout over black guests on the daily to pretend like white privilege doesn’t exist and claim that Meghan is pulling the race card for sympathy when Harry himself said he had no clue of racism in the real world and had to unlearn his biases. If Meghan says that the queen was lovely to her then so be it but this is a woman who has celebrated the commonwealth for so many years, has gone on countless tours to these countries and met people of all races, nationalities, ethnicities, religions etc yet in the own four walls of her palace, there are concerns about how black her great grandchildren might look. It makes you think what gets said after the queen and co shake hands with all of these POC they meet on their tours. It’s understandable why they didn’t reveal who in the family made the vile remarks, it was undoubtedly several of them. Archie and their daughter don’t need to grow up with the world knowing that information.
Again, this reply is very, very late - I only found this thread this morning!
My money is on Anne. She's rude, arrogant, snobby and hideously entitled; someone who prides herself on 'saying what she thinks'. Phillip's daughter through and through.
Wouldn't surprise me if William were part of the race issue, too, given how appallingly he treated POCs on the recent colonial-Caribbean disaster tour.
It's unimaginable, what Meghan had to suffer and still suffers. She's even being lambasted over whether she shall attend the Beckham wedding (which is happening thousands of miles from Montecito, not next door, as the royal reporters seem to think). All I see is a young woman who tried very hard to do the best for that awful family, despite the racism that was thrown at her, and continues to be hounded - usually to cover up for Paedrew - for literally breathing.

I think the way they have been treated is shocking. The media absolutely were against Meghan from day 1. It's the standard way they like to bring down any woman in the public eye, plus the aggravating factors that Meghan knows and speaks her own mind, classism (her 'messy' family), anti-Americanism and undoubtedly an element of racism. I don't understand why people keep saying 'Kate went through it and she just got on with it and learned to keep her head down and now we love her' like that would have been the right path? So the only way to get the British public on board is to be immaculately groomed at all times, say very little and choose completely inoffensive causes? That's not the society I want to live in.

I also hate the portrayal of Meghan as some kind of Lady Macbeth. The royal correspondents seem to agree that Harry has loathed the British media since childhood (what a surprise!) and that it was only when he was married to Meghan, became a parent and saw the impact the media was having that he felt capable of planning an exit route. Such a sexist portrayal, the conniving woman leading the poor innocent prince astray.

I'm sure Meghan isn't perfect. I think perhaps she does enjoy self-promotion (e.g. history as a lifestyle blogger), I've never seen her use one word when she can use ten, and she seems to take herself quite seriously. All of that is my impression from the coverage I've seen of course, and could be very wrong. However, I do think that she generally seems well intentioned and I cannot think of a single thing she did during her time as a royal that would justify even 1% of the level of vitriol she was met with.

I'm not sure what I feel about them speaking out now. I have a lot of sympathy with wanting to get their side out. Would it have been better to let sleeping dogs lie? Probably. It's a battle they'll sadly never win. This has just stirred up the media all over again and I doubt has changed many minds. But if they felt the injustice of it was eating them up then it was their call to make I suppose. It's terrible timing with Philip, but that is bad luck.

Final thought - as much as I admire the queen, and selfishly enjoy the tradition of having the Royal Family, as the years go on the whole institution seems harder and harder to defend to me. Completely aside from the political issues, it seems to cause utter misery to most of those involved. Jonny Dymond was laughed at a couple of years ago for calling it a human rights issue, but isn't it? I see these photos of George and it makes me feel so sad for him - a little boy who has been born into such an unusual situation, with such limited control over his own future.
I also hate the portrayal of Meghan as some kind of Lady Macbeth. The royal correspondents seem to agree that Harry has loathed the British media since childhood (what a surprise!) and that it was only when he was married to Meghan, became a parent and saw the impact the media was having that he felt capable of planning an exit route. Such a sexist portrayal, the conniving woman leading the poor innocent prince astray.
It's not just that, it's blatant misogynoir. The intersection of Meghan's blackness, her womanhood, and her class/nationality has created a perfect storm in the minds of royals and their reporters. All the 'exotic' tropes - her DNA, the fact that her mother has locs - has been spun into a femme fatale narrative, as if Harry has been taken hostage by her predatory vagina. It's a trope that has long been used in white circles in the West - that a man loses his agency and wits when he is taken prisoner by a woman who is represented as 'Other' (Othering is a way of casting those people of colour as 'sensual, otherworldly, good at religion but not at all good at self-governance' (Dimitri Gutas). It is very convenient for people like Piers Morgan, Richard Kay, Dan Wooten, etc to use these horrible narratives to sell an anti-Meghan narrative to an older white audience. It's hideous. It's out of date. It must be eradicated.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I saw some nonsense on twitter earlier about how H&M supporters "lack critical thinking and haven't done any research" and are too swept up in "woke bullshit" to see through the lies and acting.

I mean... What am I supposed to be researching? I don't have time to go down the rabbit hole with this stuff, it's really not that deep for me. I just think they should be able to live their lives. That's it.

When it comes down to it, I don't know them and I've no reason to hate them. It seems like a lot of work to truly despise someone like these people do.
Another VERY late response; but all this 'do your research' nonsense really gets on my wick.
I'm an academic researcher and working on a Master's/PhD. Research = primary sources, peer-reviewed evidence, journals, articles and theses: it's a huge amount of work, and one must be painstaking and deliberate in what one uses to support a hypothesis. It emphatically does not mean 'read some crap opinions on Facebook and YouTube and base a value judgment on knee-jerk judgmentalism.'

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Another VERY late response; but all this 'do your research' nonsense really gets on my wick.
I'm an academic researcher and working on a Master's/PhD. Research = primary sources, peer-reviewed evidence, journals, articles and theses: it's a huge amount of work, and one must be painstaking and deliberate in what one uses to support a hypothesis. It emphatically does not mean 'read some crap opinions on Facebook and YouTube and base a value judgment on knee-jerk judgmentalism.'
I am also an academic and I have the same reaction to the “do your research” thing, which we unfortunately hear about a variety of subjecfs these days. Like, when people describe the ‘research’ they do, I’m like… so you mean you read things? Reading things and watching videos is NOT research!

• Heart

I like this woman's commentary on the British royal family a lot, balanced, sensible, clear-headed. And she takes no tit from the anti-Meghan obsessives.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.