Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the name and think it's so special that this little girl will grow up with the Queen and Diana's legacy so close to her even though she'll be so far removed from royal life. I expected Diana but Lilibet was a surprise!

As for the hate, it's obsessive and sinister. I worry a lot about some people's state of mind when I see how emotionally affected they are by every move H and M make. I don't usually engage much with what they're up to but felt obliged today to leave some positive comments on social media to cancel out some of the abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It’s a pretty name but it annoys me that both William and Harry have put the queens name before their own Mother’s name.

Reactions: 5
I don’t think it’s Diana people are talking about but Lilibet which is known to be a nickname used for HMTQ by a select group of loved ones (now all passed, I think). They have spent the past months complaining about the royal life (rightly or wrongly) so I get where people are coming from with that!
It's a couple naming their child after the baby's grandmother and great-grandmother. Quite simple to me, honestly. The Queen is still Harry's grandmother. It's almost like because they stepped away from duties they should literally never have anything to do with the family, ever. By that logic the baby should never step foot in a Commonwealth country.

The hate on this topic is just insane. To think someone spent a minute of their pathetic life creating that distasteful graphic posted above... get an actual grip.

I love when people in the comments section on Facebook are going absolutely crazy saying things like the queen must be so angry, William and Kate will be disgusted they copied charlottes middle names and sometimes I just like they probs arent even arsed about it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I don’t get the comments on the Cambs Instagram post about Lili’s birth going ‘respect for writing this’, ‘respect for you two writing this comment’ etc etc. Why are they to be ‘respected’ for writing a nice comment about a new baby?

Last edited:
I don’t get the comments on the Cambs Instagram post about Lili’s birth going ‘respect for writing this’, ‘respect for you two writing this comment’ etc etc. Why are they to be ‘respected’ for writing a nice comment about a new baby?
I don't get it either. They're still family and Lili is their niece. Ofcourse they're going to say something about it.

I think the name is sweet. Archie is also more of a nickname, so it makes sense for them to choose Lilibet.
I'm sure people would've been complaining if they only referenced Diana and not the Queen. Whatever they do, there will always be backlash 🙄

Reactions: 13
I think it's cute. Diana being included was a given, wasn't sure if they'd go for a family name for the first one. I've always liked the nickname Lilibet (didn't Margaret get Margot?) so it's good that it'll live on. Nearly all of the Queen's female descendants have Elizabeth in their names so this is just a different spin on it. Paying tribute to TQ, PP and George VI and TQM all at once 👑 which Harry is entitled to do, whatever his issues with Charles and William he was clearly always close to the Queen and Phil.

Reactions: 13
I don't really like Lilibet, but Lili is super cute! I don't see why everyone is all bent out of shape about the name. In my opinion they never actually said anything mean about the queen. They also said to Oprah that they talk to her often, so why would they not name their daughter after her? Just because they stepped out of the firm, doesn't mean they can't have a relationship with her. I also feel like they were mostly negative about the press and the staff at the firm, not so much their family members (apart from Charles and whoever said the thing about Archie's skin colour.)

I agree with what @LongishCat said: they will get backlash anyway. People are just out to get them no matter what they do. Do some work for charities = phoney, Take parents leave = lazy. There is no rationality to any of this criticism.

I don’t mind the name Lilibet, it doesn’t really do with Archie but I suppose she’ll probably just go by Lili.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
As soon as I saw the name, I thought what a lovely and clever idea to use QE's nickname that can also be easily shortened so the girl has her own name. Then I thought that people would instantly hate them for 'stealing' the name :rolleyes:

Such a lovely name....I named my daughter it last year (we call her lilli for short). In more annoyed that it will probably become ‘popular’ now 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
People that think they stole the name from the queen with no permission share a singular brain cell between them. I think they forget that the RF are an actual family and aren't just acting - just because Harry and Meghan have given up their titles, they're still related to these people and are allowed to name their children after relatives like normal people do? If they hadn't named her after the queen, the haters would've been like 'WOW NO RESPECT, WILLIAM AND KATE NAMED THEIR DAUGHTER AFTER THE QUEEN BUT MEGHAN IS TOO SELF CENTRED TO RECOGNISE HARRY'S FAMILY'. There is no winning for Meghan and I hope she realises that it is them and not her that is crazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What do you guys think of Meghan's book? I saw that the daily mail wrote horrible article about it comparing it to Kate's photography book. According to that article it has mainly bad reviews, but I saw some parts of it and thought it seemed really sweet.

Reactions: 4
What do you guys think of Meghan's book? I saw that the daily mail wrote horrible article about it comparing it to Kate's photography book. According to that article it has mainly bad reviews, but I saw some parts of it and thought it seemed really sweet.
I love Meghan and Harry and I’ve bought the book...and I personally thought it wasn’t very good. Too boring for a children’s book and there wasn’t really a story. My children lost interest so quickly and walked off before we got half way. There’s quite a few grammar mistakes too but grammar could be different in America. Lovely pictures in the book though and it looks lovely on the book case 😂

Reactions: 2
It's the vile and at this point open racism against Meghan that gets me. It's always been racist, but most royal bootlickers are now just happily posting racist comments and memes that make me want to vomit. And this will never end. Until one of them dies or they divorce, this will continue for decades.

Reactions: 14
I find it so funny/bizarre when people get offended on behalf of the royals when ever H&M do literally anything when the reality is the royals probably don’t give a tit and are more happy about the addition of a new family member.

It's the vile and at this point open racism against Meghan that gets me. It's always been racist, but most royal bootlickers are now just happily posting racist comments and memes that make me want to vomit. And this will never end. Until one of them dies or they divorce, this will continue for decades.
Disgusting........can you please post a link to any of these racist memes etc as I haven't seen any.

Reactions: 1
I find it so funny/bizarre when people get offended on behalf of the royals when ever H&M do literally anything when the reality is the royals probably don’t give a tit and are more happy about the addition of a new family member.
And as if the royals even need people to be offended on their behalf. They are living their life in their castles, some anonymous troll on Twitter attacking M&H and generally being vile is hardly a support is it. 😂 People act as if it's some sort of patriotic duty being outraged on behalf of the Queen, when who knows how she feels about it all. As you say, likely just happy to welcome a healthy new great grandchild.

Reactions: 8
There’s a few articles out this morning. Harry saying he told the queen. Some royal source saying he didn’t. Does it matter if he did or didn’t???

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.