Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@LongishCat Maybe the one about Covid?
"Women, and especially women of colour, have seen a generation of economic gain wiped out... Since the pandemic began, nearly 5.5 million women have lost work in the US, and 47 million more women around the world are expected to slip into extreme poverty. But if we work together to bring vaccines to every country and continent, insist that vaccines are equitably distributed and fairly priced, and ensure that governments around the world are donating their additional vaccines to countries in need, then we can begin to fully rebuild."
I don't see the problem of making that statement though? I'm probably missing something?
Off to Google I go :)

Edit: this should be the whole speech apparently:
"The past year has been defined by communities coming together tirelessly and heroically to tackle COVID-19. And we've gathered tonight because the road ahead is getting brighter, but it's going to take every one of us to find our way forward. As campaign chairs of VAX LIVE, my husband and I believe it's critical that our recovery prioritizes the health, safety and success of everyone, and particularly women who have been disproportionately affected by this pandemic. Women, and especially women of color, have seen a generation of economic gain wiped out. Since the pandemic began, nearly 5.5 million women have lost work in the U.S., and 47 million more women around the world are expected to slip into extreme poverty.
My husband and I are thrilled to soon be welcoming a daughter. It's a feeling of joy we share with millions of other families around the world. When we think of her, we think of all the young women and girls around the globe who must be given the ability and support to lead us forward."

Tbh, I don't really see how she would be causing tension or baiting people?
I mean, there still are lots of issues women face all over the world.
Only thing I'm thinking is that people in general have been hit hard by covid, not just women. But other than that 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't see the problem of making that statement though? I'm probably missing something?

"The past year has been defined by communities coming together tirelessly and heroically to tackle COVID-19. And we've gathered tonight because the road ahead is getting brighter, but it's going to take every one of us to find our way forward. As campaign chairs of VAX LIVE, my husband and I believe it's critical that our recovery prioritizes the health, safety and success of everyone, and particularly women who have been disproportionately affected by this pandemic. Women, and especially women of color, have seen a generation of economic gain wiped out. Since the pandemic began, nearly 5.5 million women have lost work in the U.S., and 47 million more women around the world are expected to slip into extreme poverty.
My husband and I are thrilled to soon be welcoming a daughter. It's a feeling of joy we share with millions of other families around the world. When we think of her, we think of all the young women and girls around the globe who must be given the ability and support to lead us forward."

Only thing I'm thinking is that people in general have been hit hard by covid, not just women. But other than that 🤷‍♀️
I don't understand what could anger people from this speech?

She's chosen to highlight the issues that women have faced which I don't have a problem with. There have been a lot of articles for a while now supporting what she has said. For example, women being disproportionately furloughed or made redundant, while also having to take on more unpaid work like care work, homeschooling and childcare. I read an amazing book, Invisible Women, about the gender data gap which talks a lot about the amount of unpaid work women have the responsibility for and it's so fascinating, and I'm ashamed to say I had never really thought of it as much before. Which is maybe why she chose to highlight it. Or more relevant to the causes she supports? Who knows.

Also before someone shouts at me, the necessary not all men disclosure. :ROFLMAO: I know many men have also been doing homeschooling etc. I know a few who have. But the point still stands.

Reactions: 16

Thank you for sharing the whole speech. On Google this is the only one I could find that was recent, unless Rockin’ Robin meant a different one?

Reactions: 1
Ah I’m glad I’ve found this thread! I love them 😂

I spoke to a friend who isn’t a big fan about the speech yesterday and she said that the dress she was wearing was v expensive ( a couple of thousand) and she was speaking about extreme poverty etc .

Does anyone know if the speech was taken in they’re garden, it looks lovely!

Ah I’m glad I’ve found this thread! I love them 😂

I spoke to a friend who isn’t a big fan about the speech yesterday and she said that the dress she was wearing was v expensive ( a couple of thousand) and she was speaking about extreme poverty etc .

Does anyone know if the speech was taken in they’re garden, it looks lovely!
I really like them too! I was pretty indifferent but seeing everyone's extreme hate made me more aware of them and I actually ended up liking them haha.

I imagine she gets a lot of clothes for free but she has drawn a lot of attention to smaller designers. But I guess the expensive dress type comment is relevant to all of the Royals. All of them in palaces and the Queen with all of her jewels.

Reactions: 9
there's nothing wrong with anything meghan's said. there is no such thing in the real world as "baiting"

please, mods, we've been warned about slagging off the other thread, can something please be done about people coming on this thread to stir?
My intention was not to stir, I just didn't want to come across as a hypocrite if I commented about members of the Royal Family, on other threads.

My intention was not to stir, I just didn't want to come across as a hypocrite if I commented about members of the Royal Family, on other threads.
I don’t think people would think you’re being hypocritical. I have commented on both this and the Royal Family thread because somethings I am critical of in regards to M&H and they wouldn’t be suitable here.

Anyone actually listen to the podcast Harry is on? He didn’t really say that thing about Prince Charles passing on his trauma to him 😂

Reactions: 2
What does everything think of them giving up the titles?
I know it’s not been asked etc yet but I don’t think they actually want the titles anymore . Maybe it would be another way to strengthen the fact that they are starting fresh in America

What does everything think of them giving up the titles?
I know it’s not been asked etc yet but I don’t think they actually want the titles anymore . Maybe it would be another way to strengthen the fact that they are starting fresh in America
People seem to think they won’t be “anything” without the titles but how often would a normal person call them “Duke/Duchess of Sussex” rather than Prince Harry/Meghan Markle?

I also agree they don’t really want the titles anymore but maybe don’t want to ‘give them up’ themselves because of the negative press it would inevitably bring? (sussexes disrespect queen by giving back title! Etc)

Reactions: 3
I just have to put this out there somewhere so feel free to ignore :ROFLMAO:

What Harry was trying to say was generational trauma. Generational trauma is passed down in families, sometimes it's actual trauma and sometimes it's learnt behaviours FROM those traumas. From Wikipedia:

Transgenerational trauma, or intergenerational trauma is a psychological term which asserts that trauma can be transferred in between generations. After a first generation of survivors experiences trauma, they are able to transfer their trauma to their children and further generations of offspring via complex post-traumatic stress disorder mechanisms.
I know he is getting a lot of media criticism for speaking out, but perhaps this is because for a long time he felt silenced, or he had no voice. He of course comes from much privilege but we all know that having wealth and fame does little to help people with mental health problems. I can imagine after the death of his mother, trying to find solace in his father who was emotionally stunted due to his own trauma and grief and getting no where. So he learns to deal with these emotions the same way his father does. So what will Archie learn? the same thing. That's an example of generational trauma. Good on Harry for seeking help to break the cycle.

As someone who had been handed trauma and lived through it, it really hits a nerve when I see people belittling someone else's, as well as thinking that emotional abuse is 'lesser' than physical abuse.

Right that's the end of my rant :ROFLMAO: continue on!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s awful to see William has publicly gone along with the firms desire of painting his mother as “crazy and paranoid” and the interview she did with Panorama as a complete lie.
I’m so glad Harry stood up for her, describing her as “unquestionably honest”. Her rebellious spirit really lives on in him.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It’s disgusting William has publicly gone along with the firms desire of painting his mother as “crazy and paranoid” and the interview she did with Panorama as a complete lie.
I’m so glad Harry stood up for her, describing her as “unquestionably honest”. Her rebellious spirit really lives on in him.
I feel William has to balance his role, doesn't want to upset the RF and also doesn't want to upset Harry/his mothers legacy.

I do believe though if you were told close friends/confidents were selling stories on you to the press, you would feel paranoid. Maybe her paranoia was mistaken for 'acting crazy'. We will never really know, unfortunately.

I feel William has to balance his role, doesn't want to upset the RF and also doesn't want to upset Harry/his mothers legacy.

I do believe though if you were told close friends/confidents were selling stories on you to the press, you would feel paranoid. Maybe her paranoia was mistaken for 'acting crazy'. We will never really know, unfortunately.
William wants the interview she did with Panorama removed from all platforms completely, effectively silencing his mother and brushing her experiences under the carpet. She spoke very bravely about her mental health and how the RF family acted wrongly towards her, at a time when that was just not talked about.
But yes I do agree him being the next in line after Charles forces him to pick a side. Sad he picked the firms over his mother, that’s all

Reactions: 12
He of course comes from much privilege but we all know that having wealth and fame does little to help people with mental health problems.
If only people could see that having someone so public talk about their trauma and grief can open up conversations in families about it. I see parallels with Diana speaking about her bulimia... it was brave and also made space for the topic in the public realm. Meanwhile the Royal Family wants to talk about... I don't know? Flowers and organic farming and how Andrew didn't associate with known sex offenders?

Reactions: 13
She looks great here. I think she's more comfortable in more summery, informal outfits than when she had to dress in princess garb: https://tomandlorenzo.com/2021/05/megha-markle-in-carolina-herrera-at-vax-live/
I agree, her informal outfits are the best. When she was working with The Firm she never quite hit the right mark. I’ve heard various excuses for this but it was a real same for people like me who love fashion to see her in outfits that didn’t look right on her.

People seem to think they won’t be “anything” without the titles but how often would a normal person call them “Duke/Duchess of Sussex” rather than Prince Harry/Meghan Markle?

I also agree they don’t really want the titles anymore but maybe don’t want to ‘give them up’ themselves because of the negative press it would inevitably bring? (sussexes disrespect queen by giving back title! Etc)
If that happened Meghan's official title would automatically become Princess. That would be marvellous.

• Haha
If that happened Meghan's official title would automatically become Princess. That would be marvellous.
She wouldn’t be Princess Meghan because she’s not of Royal birth. It will always be the Duchess of Sussex or Princess Henry, Duchess of Sussex.

Reactions: 4
Yes
She wouldn’t be Princess Meghan because she’s not of Royal birth. It will always be the Duchess of Sussex or Princess Henry, Duchess of Sussex.
Yes, so Princess. Technically Princess Henry but it would inevitably be Princess Meghan that is used at times.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.