Primrose Hill Gang #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kate’s done Desert Island Discs now, though I haven’t listened yet. She seems to have talked more in the last few weeks than she has in a decade!

I guess the 3 mill fee was erm, not be be sniffed at 🤭
Yes! And it’s very strange for someone whose allure has always been about being elusive.

Reactions: 6
Yes! And it’s very strange for someone whose allure has always been about being elusive.
I guess the paps aren’t really after her any more so she doesn’t need to be elusive :) If there was a big story about something she said in an interview these days it wouldn’t make page 6

Reactions: 3
I guess the paps aren’t really after her any more so she doesn’t need to be elusive :) If there was a big story about something she said in an interview these days it wouldn’t make page 6
The Daily Mail online was headlining with it this morning. I was completely surprised she has done that interview, but there were several articles on it in the morning already

Reactions: 2
Kate makes me nostalgic :giggle: I'm enjoying her being in the spotlight again.

Reactions: 13
I listened to Kate’s Desert Island Discs. She comes across well - more vulnerable and sensitive than I expected. It’s strange to hear her talk about her private life after so many years of reticence.

Her mum sounds like an interesting character…
It seems like her parents just washed their hands of her when she started modelling, but she was so young. She wasn’t chaperoned to her castings as a teen model.

Also interesting insights about the Corinne Day photos/professional relationship that kickstarted her career.

Reactions: 12
I listened to Kate’s Desert Island Discs. She comes across well - more vulnerable and sensitive than I expected. It’s strange to hear her talk about her private life after so many years of reticence.

Her mum sounds like an interesting character…
It seems like her parents just washed their hands of her when she started modelling, but she was so young. She wasn’t chaperoned to her castings as a teen model.

Also interesting insights about the Corinne Day photos/professional relationship that kickstarted her career.
I didn't know it was out yet, where did you find it?

Corrine Day always sounded pretty exploitative and manipulative to be honest, she also held a grudge against Kate when she went on to be huge and Corinne was left behind.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Kate's DID is quite upsetting to listen to. What she doesn't say about abuse is more significant than what she does.

Reactions: 4
Kate's DID is quite upsetting to listen to. What she doesn't say about abuse is more significant than what she does.
It's weird because it was normalised - I hope young women nowadays are more confident at setting boundaries and speaking out.

Tbh my mother was terrible with me, she tried to teach me men will be men and my voice was unimportant. My father was the opposite 🤷‍♀️

I admit I was hoping Kate would say about her love life 😁

Her love for her daughter came through strongly.

Reactions: 10
Yes, I thought that. She referred to the models signed to her agency always being chaperoned to jobs so that when they are inevitably taken advantage of on set, they have an advocate. It wasn’t ‘if’ something untoward goes on, it was ‘when’.

• Sad
It's weird because it was normalised - I hope young women nowadays are more confident at setting boundaries and speaking out.

Tbh my mother was terrible with me, she tried to teach me men will be men and my voice was unimportant. My father was the opposite 🤷‍♀️

I admit I was hoping Kate would say about her love life 😁

Her love for her daughter came through strongly.
The way she talked about her daughter was beautiful.

Reactions: 7
This just popped up on my YouTube, I don’t think I’ve ever heard her speak so much!
I love Kate Moss, I think she is beautiful and a Queen 💙 she IMHO is cool without having to try, I first became a fan when she did the Calvin Klein shoots with Mark Wahlberg, I was a fan of Marky Mark and when I went to see New Kids on The Block he was supporting but we never saw him as the day before he had gone to Moss Side I think it was and he got jumped 🙄, (I'm from Manchester) I cannot believe he went there especially as there was a lot of gun violence there at the time. I can't remember if he'd gone to get a pizza something like that 🤣. I remember him being asked at the time what it was like shooting with Kate, and he said he didn't think she was anything special looking wise 🙄, he was a knob back then I love him though and think he is a good actor although when I watched his first film Fear with Reece Witherspoon I thought his acting was bad, look at his career now! What do I know haha. But Kate I love, I have a big canvas of her with the cigarette in her mouth just like Brigitte Bardot another one of my favourites, I also have that canvas 🤣.

Not really the gang but has hung out with at least (and not sure where else to ask!) but does anyone have tea on Laura Bailey?
I remember I was so jealous of her when she was dating Richard Gere, I wanted it to be me 🤣.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Finally caught up with both these threads. Sadie Frost was beautiful as a teen, I used to read Jackie magazine and she was regularly featured as a model.

Kate might have been a caner but she's our caner, she could easily have been based abroad but she stayed here and inspired so many looks. Everything looked so effortlessly out together. I was expecting my second child when she gave birth to Lila. She had a really cool leopard print pushchair, it was featured in one of the mother and baby magazines at the time. The Primrose Hill set were constantly in the papers, it's lovely to reminisce about the pre social media/influencer days when we relied on the papers for our celebrity fix.

I remember when Paul McCartney and Heather Mills (I like Mills, she's just potty, didn't she claim to have never heard of The Beatles) were going through their highly publicised divorce case, Kate was prepared to give evidence on behalf of Macca.
This bit stuck in my mind 😂 ‘Kate reassured Stella that she had seen her [Ms Mills] hopping around. She said she was ‘jumping around like a f****** gazelle’ and is prepared to swear to it, in court if necessary.’ It's even funnier because back then Kate had never spoken to the press so to imagine her saying 'f***ing gazelle' made me laugh.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.