Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Sorry, she's rough as arseholes and her launching a wellness brand is a bit like Lizzo being the poster girl of a pro-ana website. Kate was beautiful back in the day but isn't now (IMVHO) and a chain smoker is not someone who should be promoting wellness. At least Gwynnie looks the part.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Dizzy

VIP Member
Maybe not, but you might make other mistakes.

In his youth (he is not exactly a spring chicken) the N-Word was not offensive and he was in pain, a sibling had died not too long ago and a friend had lost his career, he was super drunk and he behaved really badly.
Quite disgraceful.
Still not worth canceling someone for the rest of their lives.

I don't think that this is true.
Oh I’ve made many mistakes but we’re talking about racial abuse here and I think if a racial slur comes out when you’re drunk then that’s your true mindset. You know what they say about drunk people, leggings and children - they always tell their truth.

Not saying he should be ‘cancelled’ and I’m sure he does have many good qualities but if someone says that when pissed, you have to ask why.

And I’m the same age as him and I knew the N-word was very offensive when I was a child.

melfish

VIP Member
I am never surprised by stuff like that. People's online/public lives are fake af. Very few people live authentically, especially celebrities

• Heart

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
He did apologise - and showed accountability.

I was not making excusing for him but provided context. Even in a court of law the circumstances under which a "crime" incurred are being considered. Forgiveness is a thing, you know. People do make mistakes and so did he, but he didn't kill anyone. He was offensive.

That may be, but I remember using it as a child and not being aware that the word was offensive.
I even remember having something - a toy or sweets? - that showed a person of colour on the packaging.

Well, both me and James Brown clearly don't meet the standard of the uber-perfect people here.
I remember calling someone a "fat bitch" when I felt that that person had been rude (and I was much slimmer than her), but luckily I am not famous.
Not being racist has nothing to do with being uber-perfect ffs. And mitigating circumstances are considered, but they are not a basis for faster-track forgiveness and nor do they cancel out the fact that he made a vile racist comment. They might explain why he lost control but they don't explain why that loss of control involved the N word for any reason other than 'racism'. Also, racism kills, *even* Brown's kind of 'quite a nice guy ' racism because it all forms part of a dangerous current. It's another toxic tributary. You don't have to directly and physically harm someone to be part of a system which causes harm. We really shouldn't diminish the cumulative effects of racism.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Taylor17

VIP Member
Kate was cool because she did whatever she wanted for years and got away with it. She didn't allow her kid to be photographed and that was a lovely contradiction to her party persona. She was gorgeous and her style was effortless. Obviously she's matured as she's got older but the wellness thing is a load of shit. She's had loads of work done and doesn't look good in photos without photoshop or filters. She definitely lost her mystique.

In his youth (he is not exactly a spring chicken) the N-Word was not offensive and he was in pain, a sibling had died not too long ago and a friend had lost his career, he was super drunk and he behaved really badly.
Quite disgraceful.

He’s younger than me and that word was offensive even when I was young. I know you said you know him, but making excuses for someone being racist really isn’t a good look.

• Heart
Yes ladies, let’s get back to the topics of the day, like how metallic pleats will never be Sadie’s friend 😭
Dave Gardner has always given me the ick, I always found him and Liv a really odd pairing

• Haha

Dizzy

VIP Member
Well I can’t say whether he’s a nice person or not but I do know that no matter how smashed I was it would never enter my mind to racially insult someone using the N-word 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart

d0llhouse

Kim K is also far from a party girl - an LA diet, PT, non-smoker and light social drinker. Maintenance is still required to stay looking good, even with cosmetic work.

I have a soft spot for Kate, but she was never going to age well. Quite frankly, I'm just glad she's still alive.

Slight tangent, but I despise the glamorisation of rockstars/cultural icons dying young - we are so used to seeing these people immortalised as youthful and cool that it becomes disappointing when we see them looking old and weathered.

Reactions: 24

Tilly41

With Christy Turlington her Dad died of either lung cancer or emphysema. Also she married a very conservative actor. She is a very beautiful and still is to this day. She does a lot of work for women's health in developing countries around giving birth . She really is an activist in that area which is wonderful. I love seeing the original super models. We in the 80s and 90s were spoilt in that regard.

I love to see all the super models.doing campaigns. I would also like to see Karen Mulder and others from that era

Last edited:

LaraQ

VIP Member
Just caught up on these fabulous threads! I've just ordered All That Glitters and Champagne Supernovas off the back of this. Can't wait for them to arrive!

Seeing Kate now is so sad, I didn't expect her to be getting so much work done to her face. I also agree with all of you who posted earlier, saying that subtle tweakments are absolutely fine and if done well can be nice and very effective, but she just doesn't look like herself. She's meant to be rock and roll, someone who has never followed the crowd, but she's doing the same as the typical Instagram models/Kardashians/TOWIE D-listers. I couldn't believe it when I seen her in the Charlotte Tilbury adverts recently, that's not our Kate!

And I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking Lila isn't model material at all. That catwalk walk is shockingly bad! I think she thinks she's like her mum in the 90s, but she's really, really not. She doesn't even look like Kate, she's much more like her father. All the press says otherwise, calling her 'lookalike' which I bet she loves, though I imagine it's their PR. She's another one who wouldn't be where she is if not for her parent.

Oh! Speaking of Daisy Lowe, does anyone remember her modelling for Kate's Topshop line? And Daisy and Pete were rumoured to have had a thing going on at the time, and then Kate was furious for having her modelling for her?

Was looking through old photos and found this one I hadn't seen before... so youthful and fresh-faced, just beautiful!

View attachment 1258704

Lila is absolutely tiny,she's also pretty unremarkable looking.There 's no way she'd be a model if her Mom wasn't Kate Moss.The fact that she landed the cover of British Vogue recently was kind of infuriating.

sheleg

VIP Member
Kate is only attractive when her mouth is closed. When she talks, the mystique is ruined and she turns into Danniella Westbrook/an aging hooker.

• Haha

zooki

I've enjoyed reading these threads on the primrose hill lot from the 90's early 2000's. I remember seeing them in all the magazines at the time and how cool they seemed to me when I was a kid. I remember thinking how beautiful Sienna Miller in the film Alfie and I loved her Boho Chic. I used to save up and buy tubes of dr hauschka rose cream because thats what they all used hoping it might be some magic elixir, it wasn't it clogged my pores!

I did think that Sienna Miller wanted to be Kate Moss on some level which of course nobody could ever be, Kate was the closest we had to the whole 60's Anita Pallenberg / Marianne Faithfull vibe, genuine glamour and hedonisim. It would be great if Mossy wrote a tell all book like Marianne's Faithfull autobiography but I doubt it. Didn't Kate Moss at one point have a brief affair with Daniel Craig, he left his long term german girlfriend for her and was gutted when she quickly lost interest in him. Someone mentioned way back that Sienna Miller had a thing with Cillian Murphy around the time the filmed Hippie Hippie Shake (wish they would release that movie). Any more info on that? I did see the photos of them on a night out in London, sharing a taxi between clubs but that could have just been a night out? I never think Cillian is the type but if he was going to do it with anyone it might be Sienna! Had to get that old daily mail article on the wayback machine as its now disappeared from the daily mail site.

I never thought Jude Law was hot but Sadie was very beautiful when she was younger, she's a right old boiler these days and should probably kick whatever it is she is doing as she looks very unhealthy. I think she was prettier than Pearl Lowe but she's aged much worse, Pearl looks pretty much the same today as she did in the 90's not my cup of tea but a very striking woman. Didn't Sadie Frost claim to be the inspiration for the beatles song Sexy Sadie? Apparently its actually about the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. I will keep an eye out for Pearls biography but it looks like these threads might have pushed up the price on amazon. Managed to get an epub of Sadie's though. Pearl's daughter Daisy I always thought was beautiful but seems all over the place career wise, she did a cookbook as well at one point I think? I don't think her looks are fading but her weight goes up and down and I think that alters her look. I do wonder why they all go into modelling, so few of them have what it takes and it just seems so lazy and unimaginative when you could potentially use your parents connections and money to carve out a proper place for yourself in a creative industry?

Would love some more vintage celeb gossip threads on here as I hardly know any of the new instagrammers etc and the stars of the 60's, 70's & 90's were much more juicy!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Tilly41

Kate Moss was one of the most beautiful models ever and the most arresting in my opinion. She was also a muse to so many artists who rightly loved and adored her. Lucian Freud painted her whilst she was pregnant and she was a muse to so many like Jurgen Teller and the late Corinne Day. When people look back at the late 20th Century and the 21st it will be her image that stands the test of time. But it was her undoing to get involved with the rock n rollers who had that weird love/ hate relationship with her. If I was a millionaire I would buy the Lucien Freud painting of her. She was sabotaged and set up Pete Doherty, and his associates. The fashion set would have gone to the wall for her but she got involved with a real dark set for a while. It's nice to see her out and about her carefree self.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member

Quite disgraceful.

I'm much older than James and the N word was offensive when I was a kid. People just used it regardless. I'd have got a walloping for it and no I'm not posh.

It's nothing to do with cancelling and everything to do with accountability. And this means avoiding excuses.

GeminiMoon

Chatty Member
I’m really surprised Kate’s gone down this route - I’d have expected her to have some Botox and the creme de la creme of non-invasive skin treatments...but fillers??

Her look was always about being unique, comfortable in your own skin, seemingly effortlessly put together, understated, different from the crowd...now she’s just morphing into a generic pillow face.