Pregnancy + the vaccine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m two days post my second Pfizer vaccine and currently 20w4d pregnant. No side effects other than a sore arm (feels like a mild bruise/ache, it’s barely there today). I had my first vaccine 7 weeks ago and had no side effects then either bar a sore arm, which was worse this time but not bad at all (same arm). I’ve since had my anomaly scan and check ups with my obstetrician and both baby and I are healthy and well, growing happily as expected.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I had my first jab (Pfizer) on 15/06. I am not currently pregnant but we had been hoping to start trying for our second child in August, which would have been before my second dose.
at my first vaccine appointment I asked about whether it would be safe to still try, and they couldn't really give me an answer. I was directed to the college for obstetricians website, which was just as wish-washy.
I have had two previous pregnancies (one successful, the other a miscarriage) and am lucky to usually fall pregnant quickly. If we were to try in August, I could potentially be 4/5 weeks pregnant when receiving my second jab. Because of this we have decided to postpone trying until after the second dose

Reactions: 3
Update, had my vaccine two days ago and had a bit of a rough day yesterday, but no more symptoms today :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m 14+4 with my second baby and had my vaccine yesterday (I got Pfizer as I’m under 30 so would have had that one regardless of pregnancy). Baby isn’t due until the end of December so a worry was another wave in the autumn/winter and catching it then when data suggests if you catch it late in pregnancy there’s an increased risk of still birth. (I was really upset and worried about Grace Victory who caught covid late in pregnancy). Of course I’m worried about the very distant long term effects on baby but I put my trust in science and the NHS for everything else (including other vaccines) so I personally don’t see why this should be any different. I don’t agree with the whole “it’s been rushed” theory, if you have a quick google it’s easy to see how they were able to develop it so quickly compared to usual vaccines.

I felt a little groggy since a few hours after getting it, a very slight headache and a bit of a sore arm but nothing I can’t easily handle. I had it in the afternoon so once my little girl was in bed I went to bed myself to rest and have a nice early night just in case today things hit me! I was just advised that if I get a fever to make sure I definitely rest and don’t try and push through, easier said than done with an older child but thankfully i haven’t experienced that.

The article someone posted on a previous page was great, I thought the part highlighting that none of the ingredients in the vaccine are known to have any advise affects on babies in utero was worthwhile reading for those on the fence.

Reactions: 9
I’m 14+4 with my second baby and had my vaccine yesterday (I got Pfizer as I’m under 30 so would have had that one regardless of pregnancy). Baby isn’t due until the end of December so a worry was another wave in the autumn/winter and catching it then when data suggests if you catch it late in pregnancy there’s an increased risk of still birth. (I was really upset and worried about Grace Victory who caught covid late in pregnancy). Of course I’m worried about the very distant long term effects on baby but I put my trust in science and the NHS for everything else (including other vaccines) so I personally don’t see why this should be any different. I don’t agree with the whole “it’s been rushed” theory, if you have a quick google it’s easy to see how they were able to develop it so quickly compared to usual vaccines.

I felt a little groggy since a few hours after getting it, a very slight headache and a bit of a sore arm but nothing I can’t easily handle. I had it in the afternoon so once my little girl was in bed I went to bed myself to rest and have a nice early night just in case today things hit me! I was just advised that if I get a fever to make sure I definitely rest and don’t try and push through, easier said than done with an older child but thankfully i haven’t experienced that.

The article someone posted on a previous page was great, I thought the part highlighting that none of the ingredients in the vaccine are known to have any advise affects on babies in utero was worthwhile reading for those on the fence.
thanks for this, I’m due end of December also and my main concern is the ‘waves’ that may follow leading up to those months. I think for me, I’m going to wait until 20-24weeks and make a more firm decision. My husband had Pfizer a few weeks back and had some fatigue and a dead arm and that was all luckily.

thanks for this, I’m due end of December also and my main concern is the ‘waves’ that may follow leading up to those months. I think for me, I’m going to wait until 20-24weeks and make a more firm decision. My husband had Pfizer a few weeks back and had some fatigue and a dead arm and that was all luckily.
There’s no harm in waiting so you can really read up and do your research, definitely the responsible thing to do!
My partner had his a few weeks ago too and my body definitely handled it better than him, although I feel he may have milked it a bit to have a few hours in the afternoon watching Tv in bed 🤣

• Haha
There’s no harm in waiting so you can really read up and do your research, definitely the responsible thing to do!
My partner had his a few weeks ago too and my body definitely handled it better than him, although I feel he may have milked it a bit to have a few hours in the afternoon watching Tv in bed 🤣
Exactly, I’ve seen a webinar I need to catch up on the whole vaccination thing which I want to do so I can digest it and luckily things are ok where i am currently so I don’t feel pressured. Though to be honest, the relaxation of rules on July 19th has made me feel abit anxious, so I think I’ll continue to mask wear as much as poss in crowded situations to protect myself and the baby. It’s a really tough choice

Reactions: 1
Exactly, I’ve seen a webinar I need to catch up on the whole vaccination thing which I want to do so I can digest it and luckily things are ok where i am currently so I don’t feel pressured. Though to be honest, the relaxation of rules on July 19th has made me feel abit anxious, so I think I’ll continue to mask wear as much as poss in crowded situations to protect myself and the baby. It’s a really tough choice
That’s good to hear ☺ I feel exactly the same. I’ll still be mask wearing too and keeping distance, although I did that pre-covid!

It’s probably been mentioned on here before, sorry! But “Pregnant then Screwed” have a fantastic video about all things covid vaccine & fertility/pregnancy/breastfeeding. I definitely recommend checking it out.
F635F192-172A-416C-A30A-4036288FC935.jpeg

• Heart
26 weeks and I just do not know what to do. My head is spinning and I’m scared of getting covid 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 2
26 weeks and I just do not know what to do. My head is spinning and I’m scared of getting covid 😩
Take some time to make your choice. It’s a hard one, and you need to feel happy with whatever you decide. Have you had a read of any research or webinars or anything? X

Take some time to make your choice. It’s a hard one, and you need to feel happy with whatever you decide. Have you had a read of any research or webinars or anything? X
I follow pregnant then screwed and read the gov advise. All that’s enough to name your head want to explode with information!

I follow pregnant then screwed and read the gov advise. All that’s enough to name your head want to explode with information!
I need to sit down and spend some time reading as I’m waiting until 20w to firm a decision. Being due in the winter is what is giving me a worry

I’ve already decided it’s best for me to wait until the baby is born in November to get the vaccine. It works as I am still furloughed and have been given extra time off work. I am kind of pissed off now as the country has passed legislation on vaccinated people dining indoors and the unvaccinated being stuck outdoors so it’s like we are being persecuted for our choice

Reactions: 5
My thinking was to wait to October but this “freedom” days stressed me out. I feel like I should get it. I just don’t want my husband to bring it home. He’s only had one dose

• Sad
I’ve had both of mine and my baby girl is completely healthy and normal so far. I thought I’d just share these screenshots from Pregnant Then Screwed today. There is a lot of misinformation or personal opinion being shared rather than facts and the government have not done enough to dispel that at all.

I also had the AZ one and the guidance is as long as you haven’t had an severe side effects to continue with the brand you’ve been given on your first jab.

Grace Victory needing an emergency C section, being put into a 3 month coma and rehab has given me more than enough reason.

If you want to read about it,that’s ok but please use reputable sources, no random Facebook mum groups where Tracy reckons it’s been “rushed”

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve already decided it’s best for me to wait until the baby is born in November to get the vaccine. It works as I am still furloughed and have been given extra time off work. I am kind of pissed off now as the country has passed legislation on vaccinated people dining indoors and the unvaccinated being stuck outdoors so it’s like we are being persecuted for our choice
The legislation is completely discriminatory and designed to force people into taking a vaccine that they cannot take for health reasons or choose not to take for personal reasons. I'm in the same situation as you I chose to wait until after birth but I am scandalised that this is being pushed through and people are not on the streets.

Have managed to reschedule my second Pfizer vaccine from mid August to next week. I’ll be 35 weeks. Would rather have it now than the week before my due date! I’ve heard of so many people self isolating or catching Covid this past few weeks (most of them having had at least one vaccine) and can’t help feeling it’s only a matter of time 😐

Reactions: 8