Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

footylass2021

i get people that are concerned and yes i might be biased as i work for them

but take for example the astrazeneca vaccine- its very similar to to the flu vaccine
the technology has been there for pushing on 30/40 years but the genetic makeup of the virus is new so once studied its applied to the technology and then the vaccine is produced
likewise with the flu vaccine, the techology is there as we use the same one for AZ and the flu mutates every year so its gets studied and then once they have the new makeup they apply it to the vaccine and then we have the new flu jab every year

no1 ever doubts having the flu jab and then scared of falling pregnant after it
please dont shout at this :) just would like to know peoples feedback on this

• Heart
Reactions: 13

urghmummybloggers

VIP Member
I’ve had both of mine and my baby girl is completely healthy and normal so far. I thought I’d just share these screenshots from Pregnant Then Screwed today. There is a lot of misinformation or personal opinion being shared rather than facts and the government have not done enough to dispel that at all.

I also had the AZ one and the guidance is as long as you haven’t had an severe side effects to continue with the brand you’ve been given on your first jab.

Grace Victory needing an emergency C section, being put into a 3 month coma and rehab has given me more than enough reason.

If you want to read about it,that’s ok but please use reputable sources, no random Facebook mum groups where Tracy reckons it’s been “rushed”

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
I have booked my first dose of Pfizer after months of deliberating. I think the risks of catching covid and the reality of total isolation for 3 more months are just not in my favour any more. It’s been a really hard choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

ktypage

I’m 23 weeks + 3 and double jabbed with Pfizer if anyone has any questions! Me and baby absolutely fine- I had my first before conceiving (we conceived 2 weeks after my first dose!) so there has been a bit of a delay but happy it’s done.

As for midwives telling women “it’s up to you”- this is what they should be doing; they shouldn’t be telling you yes or no. As horrible as it is that you have to make this big decision for yourself, the RCOG guidance states that it is the pregnant woman and pregnant woman’s decision alone to have the vaccine. Health professionals such as midwives, and actually doctors have the responsibility to ensure you have BALANCED information about the vaccine- the potential benefits and the potential risks.
I come from a background of nursing/maternity and am constantly amazed at the moment at the amount of times I’ve seen people say “my midwife said not to” “my GP stated not to” … I do feel like their own biases are shining through and that’s reflecting on pregnant women and it’s not on. Because that pregnant woman will pass that advice on to others, without all the information being passed on too.

For every GP saying no, there are ones saying yes. There are top Tommy’s professors urging pregnant women to have the vaccines.

Whatever decision you make is completely respected and the best for YOU and your baby but please please please make sure it is informed x

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Asdfghjkll

Chatty Member
I’m 14+4 with my second baby and had my vaccine yesterday (I got Pfizer as I’m under 30 so would have had that one regardless of pregnancy). Baby isn’t due until the end of December so a worry was another wave in the autumn/winter and catching it then when data suggests if you catch it late in pregnancy there’s an increased risk of still birth. (I was really upset and worried about Grace Victory who caught covid late in pregnancy). Of course I’m worried about the very distant long term effects on baby but I put my trust in science and the NHS for everything else (including other vaccines) so I personally don’t see why this should be any different. I don’t agree with the whole “it’s been rushed” theory, if you have a quick google it’s easy to see how they were able to develop it so quickly compared to usual vaccines.

I felt a little groggy since a few hours after getting it, a very slight headache and a bit of a sore arm but nothing I can’t easily handle. I had it in the afternoon so once my little girl was in bed I went to bed myself to rest and have a nice early night just in case today things hit me! I was just advised that if I get a fever to make sure I definitely rest and don’t try and push through, easier said than done with an older child but thankfully i haven’t experienced that.

The article someone posted on a previous page was great, I thought the part highlighting that none of the ingredients in the vaccine are known to have any advise affects on babies in utero was worthwhile reading for those on the fence.

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I had decided to wait until my baby is born to get the jab (October) but the high level of cases does worry me. I’m lucky that I’m able to work from home and reduce the contact I’m having with other people, but I know there’s still a risk I could pick up Covid.

My worry isn’t the side effects of having the jab while pregnant, it’s the fact that no one knows what effects it could have on babies in years to come. When I mentioned this to my midwife at my appointment this week she agreed because obviously it’s too early to know. I know she was being honest but it’s not exactly reassuring…

• Heart

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
I’m waiting until the baby is born to be vaccinated.
I have no doubt getting the vaccine whilst pregnant leaves no lasting effects with the mother however it’s the unknown long term effects it might have with the baby once born (again I’m sure there’ll be absolutely zero effects but I personally just want to wait to baby being born)

On the other hand I totally understand women who are getting vaccinated whilst pregnant because the possible effects of covid on the foetus are a worry too.

It’s actually a tough situation to be in and women have to absolutely do what they think is best for them and their baby.

• Heart

wakametango

Chatty Member
Hi all

I know this is a highly topical debate but I just want to start by saying this isn’t a place for judgement or our opinions as I’ve seen on other threads. I wanted to create a space for pregnant women who have had the vaccine and can share their experiences for other pregnant women who can’t make their mind up

please don’t leave an opinion that can come across as scolding or shaming someone else as whatever decision we make is only what we believe is right for us and our unborn baby 🙏🏼
Thanks 😊

I am 26 weeks with underlying health conditions and don’t want the vaccine but as things are opening back up again my partner is keen for me to have it.
Is anyone who is pregnant and had the vaccine willing to share their experience? Thank you x

Reactions: 8
Have managed to reschedule my second Pfizer vaccine from mid August to next week. I’ll be 35 weeks. Would rather have it now than the week before my due date! I’ve heard of so many people self isolating or catching Covid this past few weeks (most of them having had at least one vaccine) and can’t help feeling it’s only a matter of time 😐

LongishCat

VIP Member
Quick update! I just had my second vaccine (Moderna).
Apparently the second one might come with more symptoms (headache, fever, nausea, tiredness, so not that different from oregnancy itself :p). I'll let you know if I get any apart from the sore arm I had last time.
Baby girl is kicking around happily atm 😊

Stay safe everyone! ❤

• Heart

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
I feel surrounded by covid too, so many children in class catching it and I'm in and out of isolation because our “bubble” keeps closing. Luckily school breaks up soon and I won’t be attending any events or eating indoors etc and I’ll be limiting who I’m seeing over the summer. But I really don’t blame those who’ve had the jab and do question my choice to wait. I know people who are double jabbed catching it but obviously not getting really ill at all. Just want to make it to October! 😬

Reactions: 7

Niamhm

Chatty Member
What a great thread, no judgement just different opinions ❤ before getting pregnant I decided I wouldn't get it until after baby, however I have changed my mind and when offered I will accept. I'm young but overweight, work in a supermarket and won't be able to shield, my SD goes to school, my son will be starting nursery and I'm due in December! So with all the extra mixing my family will be doing and not being able to shield etc It feels safer for me to get it than not x

• Heart

LongishCat

VIP Member
Quick first update: not feeling too great. Make sure you have some paracetamol close by when you had your second vaccine.
Head ache, nausea, sore arm and muscles, feverish, veeerry tired (slept really bad).
Should start to feel better tomorrow though 🤞
Keep you posted.

Still happy I got it though, with that new Delta variant going around and work asking us to go to the office more often again. In two weeks I should be fully immune.

Misty bananas

I have decided against having it. I'm 25 weeks.i work in education not science so I have no scientific reason for not getting it. I am aware there are limited studies around the effect on pregnant women and the baby but my doctor told me 100000 women got the Pfizer in the USA and no reported I'll effects. However My reason for not getting it is that, from what I can see, the recommendations for which vaccine is suitable for which age group have changed a number of times based on new data or recommendations or even due to supply. So in my personal opinion, for me, I am not taking it as the advice has not been consistent to date. Just my decision made for me based on my own personal reasons. I personally believe pregnant women are under a lot of pressure with regard to what they should or shouldn't do with regard to taking the vaccine and it is a terrible situation to be in. As Kim not taking it I am making a concerted effort to shield myself as best as I can, which obviously has disadvantages mainly for my mental health. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

>^.^<

Hi, although I have a small child I am not currently pregnant so cannot give any insight but what I did take away from your comment is that you don't want the vaccine. That'd be enough for me wether my partner agreed or not.

Ilando

VIP Member
I had the vaccine at 30 weeks. I’ve been teaching full time since March and have only just stopped today at 37 weeks. Not an easy decision but definitely the right one for me. No side effects etc and will have the 2nd dose soon after baby is born

• Heart
Reactions: 6

standupsitdown

Chatty Member
America has declared vaccine misinformation one of the most important urgent issues to tackle and shut down. There’s so much of it. The NHS didn’t help matters by being so vague and non committal and overlooking pregnant women for so long.

The unvaccinated are variant factories.

At least now they’re coming out and saying get vaccinated, COVID and long COVID really isn’t something you want. A friend was undecided and what sealed it for her is when her GP said ‘if it was my wife, I’d want her to get vaccinated’. Up until then her midwifes and all health professionals said ‘it’s up to you, make your own mind up’. No wonder poor women didn’t want to, and then even sadder if they caught it.

I didn’t hesitate and I’m happy to say she’s now had the first dose.

Covid unlocking risk for pregnant women, say doctors https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57840159

• Heart

Londonsays

Chatty Member
I am 21 weeks 5 days. I had the Pzifer vaccine Wednesday. Felt absolutely fine all day and went to bed little earlier than usual and went straight to sleep. Woke in the middle of the night to be sick and felt very hot and cold. Went back to sleep and a few hours later woke up with all over body aches. It’s now Friday and I am feeling fine again.

I discussed it with my partner and family and we decided for us it was the right decision because we both work and go into work (although I’m half at home and half at the office). I often see people, I do socially distance but sometimes it doesn’t happen when someone maybe passes me a pen back and I forget not to take it. I also use public transport.

I did research and for us it was the right decision. I certainly wouldn’t judge anyone either way as I think this is a personal choice depending on situations.

• Heart

Misty bananas

I’ve already decided it’s best for me to wait until the baby is born in November to get the vaccine. It works as I am still furloughed and have been given extra time off work. I am kind of pissed off now as the country has passed legislation on vaccinated people dining indoors and the unvaccinated being stuck outdoors so it’s like we are being persecuted for our choice
The legislation is completely discriminatory and designed to force people into taking a vaccine that they cannot take for health reasons or choose not to take for personal reasons. I'm in the same situation as you I chose to wait until after birth but I am scandalised that this is being pushed through and people are not on the streets.