Pregnancy + the vaccine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone booked their second dose earlier? Is it okay during pregnancy? I know generally people can change theirs from 12 - 8 weeks and my partner has already booked his for 8 from 12. Not sure whether to change mine though with being pregnant, does anyone know? (I can’t ask my midwife as she says she can’t give me ANY advice regarding the COVID vaccine and personally I’d rather get double vaxed sooner due to everything opening up) Also did everyone get the same side effects with the second jab? Thank you

I’ve u turned on having the vaccine while pregnant and booked myself in because the cases are getting really high around me. I’m still worried about it. Can anyone whose had it tell me how far along they were and how the felt after? I keep reading such conflicting info and can’t decide if I’m doing the right thing
I had my first dose of Pfizer at 19 weeks. Had a sore arm and then a headache and a bit of an upset tummy. (Could’ve been pregnancy related though) had my 20 week scan a week later and baby girl was all good! I was a bit nervous having it but she was kicking away the same evening which was really reassuring for me as I’ll admit the horror stories online did scare me a little.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve u turned on having the vaccine while pregnant and booked myself in because the cases are getting really high around me. I’m still worried about it. Can anyone whose had it tell me how far along they were and how the felt after? I keep reading such conflicting info and can’t decide if I’m doing the right thing
32 weeks- didn’t have a single side effect. Not even a sore arm x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Update for you all on my second vaccine that I had on Saturday at 29 weeks 6 days.

Side affects definitely not as bad other than I found my arm a lot more painful this time and it’s now Monday and it’s still hurting a bit.

Best advice I can offer is if you do have it done. Don’t have any plans for the next 2 days if you experience any side affects.

Reactions: 4
For all those that have or will be vaccinated, how do you feel about boosters?
I am double jabbed, but I don’t know whether to get the booster? I will get the flu jab, as I am entitled to it without being pregnant, due to being coeliac
Another thing to think and worry about 😭

Attachments

For all those that have or will be vaccinated, how do you feel about boosters?
I am double jabbed, but I don’t know whether to get the booster? I will get the flu jab, as I am entitled to it without being pregnant, due to being coeliac
Another thing to think and worry about 😭
I wouldn’t be due a booster until March next year as my second jab isn’t until the start of September (although trying to get an earlier booking!) and baby will be born end of December/start of Jan so I’ll go for mine whenever they want to call up under 30’s ☺

I wouldn’t be due a booster until March next year as my second jab isn’t until the start of September (although trying to get an earlier booking!) and baby will be born end of December/start of Jan so I’ll go for mine whenever they want to call up under 30’s ☺
I’ll be due mine in November, as that will be 6 months, and I’m due in December. Maybe I’ll keep an eye out and base it on other peoples experiences
Thank you!

I had decided to wait until my baby is born to get the jab (October) but the high level of cases does worry me. I’m lucky that I’m able to work from home and reduce the contact I’m having with other people, but I know there’s still a risk I could pick up Covid.

My worry isn’t the side effects of having the jab while pregnant, it’s the fact that no one knows what effects it could have on babies in years to come. When I mentioned this to my midwife at my appointment this week she agreed because obviously it’s too early to know. I know she was being honest but it’s not exactly reassuring…

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Had the first moderna vaccine last night 23 weeks pregnant. felt so bad today id say as bad as when I had covid in feb. Most people I know didn’t seam to have any symptoms does it just depend on your immune system?

Had the first moderna vaccine last night 23 weeks pregnant. felt so bad today id say as bad as when I had covid in feb. Most people I know didn’t seam to have any symptoms does it just depend on your immune system?
my husband had his first jab in June and the nurse said sometime to him I’ve never heard anyone else say

she said ‘if you have no reaction to the first, you’ve not had Covid. Only then would you then get a ‘reaction’ (I think she means side effects or feeling tit per say)with the second jab’

so perhaps that works out for you, that as you’ve had it before its why you feel worse with the first dose?

Reactions: 1
my husband had his first jab in June and the nurse said sometime to him I’ve never heard anyone else say

she said ‘if you have no reaction to the first, you’ve not had Covid. Only then would you then get a ‘reaction’ (I think she means side effects or feeling tit per say)with the second jab’

so perhaps that works out for you, that as you’ve had it before its why you feel worse with the first dose?
Ooh, that’s interesting to know… after my first, I had flu like symptoms for 24 hours, couldn’t sleep and exhausted, and I’ve don’t think I’ve had covid. Had no reaction with the second apart from sore arm

Ooh, that’s interesting to know… after my first, I had flu like symptoms for 24 hours, couldn’t sleep and exhausted, and I’ve don’t think I’ve had covid. Had no reaction with the second apart from sore arm
When he said that to me I wasn’t sure if it was true or not as I’ve never heard anyone else say that! Interesting though

When he said that to me I wasn’t sure if it was true or not as I’ve never heard anyone else say that! Interesting though
Might have to have a google that tomorrow. I’ve never needed to take a test, for work/appointments so I would never know!

Yes. The side effects you are having are your body's immune response to the vaccine meaning it's doing the job it's supposed to. As you've already had covid then it's normal to have side effects on the first dose.

Ohh thanks I had no idea about this before today! The people at the center just said no known side affects hopefully I’ll feel better by tomorrow 🤞🏼🤞🏼

This really does not have any truth in it. I had Covid and had no side effects with the vaccine. I know people who have had Covid and had no side effects after the vaccine. It completely is down to the individual.

Reactions: 2
This really does not have any truth in it. I had Covid and had no side effects with the vaccine. I know people who have had Covid and had no side effects after the vaccine. It completely is down to the individual.
yeah, I didn’t say it was true, as I mentioned I thought it was odd when she said it to him 🤷🏻‍♀️

We’re better today phew! So was less than 24 hours really thank god 🥳
So glad you're feeling better!
Tbh, the first day after jab 2 I was a walking panic attack everytime my paracetamol wore off and the new one wasn't working yet. My boyfriend had to listen to all the profanities I know while I was bawling my eyes out 😂 Good thing it only lasted a day, don't want to imagine how I'd be sick with covid for longer than that!
Side effects suck, but still happy I'm now fully vaccinated!