Pregnancy + the vaccine

I’m pregnant

• Have had the vaccine

Votes: 44 43.1%
  • Haven’t had the vaccine

Votes: 58 56.9%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all

I know this is a highly topical debate but I just want to start by saying this isn’t a place for judgement or our opinions as I’ve seen on other threads. I wanted to create a space for pregnant women who have had the vaccine and can share their experiences for other pregnant women who can’t make their mind up

please don’t leave an opinion that can come across as scolding or shaming someone else as whatever decision we make is only what we believe is right for us and our unborn baby 🙏🏼
Thanks 😊

I am 26 weeks with underlying health conditions and don’t want the vaccine but as things are opening back up again my partner is keen for me to have it.
Is anyone who is pregnant and had the vaccine willing to share their experience? Thank you x

Reactions: 8
Hi, although I have a small child I am not currently pregnant so cannot give any insight but what I did take away from your comment is that you don't want the vaccine. That'd be enough for me wether my partner agreed or not.

Reactions: 7
I’m carrying his child so it’s something I’ll continue to discuss with him and make a decision together :)

Reactions: 6
I have decided against having it. I'm 25 weeks.i work in education not science so I have no scientific reason for not getting it. I am aware there are limited studies around the effect on pregnant women and the baby but my doctor told me 100000 women got the Pfizer in the USA and no reported I'll effects. However My reason for not getting it is that, from what I can see, the recommendations for which vaccine is suitable for which age group have changed a number of times based on new data or recommendations or even due to supply. So in my personal opinion, for me, I am not taking it as the advice has not been consistent to date. Just my decision made for me based on my own personal reasons. I personally believe pregnant women are under a lot of pressure with regard to what they should or shouldn't do with regard to taking the vaccine and it is a terrible situation to be in. As Kim not taking it I am making a concerted effort to shield myself as best as I can, which obviously has disadvantages mainly for my mental health. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Reactions: 7
I had the Pfizer vaccine at 35 weeks and had no side effects. Was set against getting it until I actually got the offer to have it and then just felt it was the right thing to do based on the facts available at the time and discussion with my GP.

Reactions: 5
I personally wouldn’t have it if pregnant but that’s just me. I’m sure it’s fine. I had mine today and there was a lady getting hers who was pregnant and the drs said that it was fine to have. Go with what is best for you. We have quite a few pregnant ladies at work, but they’re waiting until they’ve had their babies. I personally wouldn’t judge anyone whether they’ve had the vaccine or not. It doesn’t stop you catching it, it just lessens the symptoms. But if my partner wanted me to have it and I wasn’t sure, I wouldn’t be getting it. It’s my body after all and I have more of a say x

I had Pfizer at 27 weeks last week. No side effects except a sore arm. I had it because I deemed the risk of catching Covid/getting long Covid to have a potential greater impact on me and my baby than the relatively unknown risk of the vaccine. I was a bit nervous about it but my husband and family were all really supportive. I also wanted to get on with my life and not constantly be worried about avoiding certain situations after a year + of WFH and the impact on my mental health (I’m continuing to be careful of course). Good luck with whatever you decide x

• Heart
Great idea for a thread.
In all honestly I’ve never WANTED the vaccine but would have it if I had to. I’m not sure how to feel about it being pregnant, the midwife told me it would be fine if I wanted to but as I’m still 1st trimester, I’m going to wait a while. My husband will get it to help but my main worry is I’m due in December when things could get rife.
It’s a lot to decide.

Reactions: 4
I didn’t get any notifications for this thread!

Nice to hear from other pregnant ladies all in different boats and view points 💖

I thought this thread would be a good place for others to scan over with real experiences from real women as I’m always dubious to believe the media or what people have heard through their best friends, aunt’s cat sitters cousin 😂

Glad to hear all has gone well with those of you that have gone for it 💛

I am 21 weeks 5 days. I had the Pzifer vaccine Wednesday. Felt absolutely fine all day and went to bed little earlier than usual and went straight to sleep. Woke in the middle of the night to be sick and felt very hot and cold. Went back to sleep and a few hours later woke up with all over body aches. It’s now Friday and I am feeling fine again.

I discussed it with my partner and family and we decided for us it was the right decision because we both work and go into work (although I’m half at home and half at the office). I often see people, I do socially distance but sometimes it doesn’t happen when someone maybe passes me a pen back and I forget not to take it. I also use public transport.

I did research and for us it was the right decision. I certainly wouldn’t judge anyone either way as I think this is a personal choice depending on situations.

• Heart
I had my baby in April after a loss in April 2020 so have been pregnant for almost all of the pandemic. I chose to wait until I’d had the baby. The vaccine became available to me around January as an NHS worker but by this point I was 28+ weeks and working from home and only going out for exercise as we were in lockdown. I therefore decided to wait especially as my Trust were putting barriers up to pregnant workers having it, needing an obstetrician to sign it off etc. Had my jab when baby was 5 weeks old.
If I had been earlier in pregnancy and still going out and about, working etc and especially if seeing patients then I would have definitely had the vaccine in pregnancy .

I’m 15 weeks and have decided to wait until after birth. I’ve had covid a few months ago (I know you can get it twice l) but would like to think I have some antibodies. My husband and close family/friends have all had theirs though. I do go into work 5 days a week and use public transport but have been doing that since the start. I just really don’t feel comfortable having it whilst pregnant as the advice has changed so much.

Great idea for a thread and lovely that people have different opinions about it on here with no judgement! ❤ I had covid in December so at the moment I don’t feel a rush to have the vaccine yet. However I’ll be due late November when it’s probably going to be around a lot more, I do have asthma, and also my partners family are really big and over excited and I know they’re going to want to descend on us after the birth, so if it gives the baby some protection during the winter months then I think I will consider getting it in a few months. It’s definitely all down to personal circumstances and it’s reassuring to read from people who have had it!

• Heart
Great thread good to read everyone’s different experiences. I’m 15 weeks. Had COVID in February. For now I’ve decided not to have the vaccine. I thought I’d do an anti body test at around six month and think about it again then. My dad had COVID very badly and spent a lot of time in icu he was telling me that most of the staff told him they got COVID in the first wave but hadn’t had it since so I’m hoping anti bodies last longer than currently estimated! I would have the vaccine if I wasn’t pregnant. For me the only worry is that I can’t see how much data will currently be available on the affect on the unborn baby later down the line as the vaccine hadn’t been available for long enough. I think it’s a tiny risk but if I still have anti bodies I don’t want to take it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
To quote myself from last week Monday (31st of May):
Had my first vaccin shot today!
Wanted to get it as I don't want to risk getting Covid, which is extra dangerous during pregnancy. I based my decision on my work and private life, the scientific information available, conversations with my doctor, gynaecologist and partner (who works in the pharma industry), and the fact that I'd love to see this pandemic end as soon as possible. So I do feel safe and as of yet no symptoms, but it's still early.
One of the possible symptoms is nausea though. Not agaaaiiiin 😅

----------
I had my vaccine at 18+3 weeks. My gynaegologist did say was best to wait until after the first trimester, but otherwise recommended getting it. I'm happy I got it, it does give me peace of mind. I don't want to risk losing my girl due to this horrid virus.
We're a bit over a week later, no real side effects apart from a sore arm for about two days.
Baby is still kicking about, and it calms me to think she'll be vaccinated as well because of this.

Second shot is scheduled in a few weeks from now. Will report back then (unless I forget, I have severe pregnancy brain 😅)

• Heart
I’m 18 weeks and the maternity hospital gave me a form to fill about getting the vaccine which I forgot to give back! At my gp visit I enquired about getting the vaccine and he advised me to wait until after I have the baby as I am still furloughed so won’t be around many people! 🥴 i think it would be best for me to wait until after the baby is born, the only reason I am going to get it because it’s looking like it’s going to turn into a two tier society and I don’t want to have to miss out on things 🙄 I’d rather NOT get it tbh

Reactions: 2
Evidence suggests having the Vaccine during pregnancy will give baby antibodies, also. I'm not pregnant however if I was I'd have the Vaccine. Good luck to you all in whatever you decide and congratulations ❤

Reactions: 3
I’m waiting until the baby is born to be vaccinated.
I have no doubt getting the vaccine whilst pregnant leaves no lasting effects with the mother however it’s the unknown long term effects it might have with the baby once born (again I’m sure there’ll be absolutely zero effects but I personally just want to wait to baby being born)

On the other hand I totally understand women who are getting vaccinated whilst pregnant because the possible effects of covid on the foetus are a worry too.

It’s actually a tough situation to be in and women have to absolutely do what they think is best for them and their baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I had my baby 6 weeks ago and was offered the vaccine twice in my pregnancy which I declined, I haven’t been offered it since giving birth but I’m probably back of the queue now 😂 (I’m 27 with no health conditions)

I’m 13 weeks, had one shot of Moderna and can’t wait for the second. I love the thought of being protected against severe COVID and long COVID, and love the thought of my baby being born with some antibodies. I’ll have the flu shot too when offered it, no hesitation on either.

I’m much more fearful of COVID than a vaccine that has been used by millions of pregnant women with no ill effects to to them or their unborn babies. They were quick to warn about the (very rare) clotting issue with the AZ vaccine so I am confident we’d have heard about issues with Moderna and Pfizer. I don’t believe in conspiracy theories or cover ups when it comes to the pregnant women vaccination guidelines.

I respect everyone’s individual choices though.