Pregnancy Off Topic Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
im having such a rough time 😞 ive been admitted now for the third time in my pregnancy. Im struggling so much this is the hardest thing ive ever done - hats off to you ladies who do it over and over! They’re worried about blood flow to the baby and the size. I’m so scared 😔
Hope you and baby are ok ❤ sending love and positive thoughts ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks everyone, I’ve had pretty much no sleep as I’ve been on the monitor most of the night and he’s just not hitting criteria 😔 ir seems my pulse is really low which is affecting the baby. I’m waiting to see the consultant, I’m so exhausted 😔 the only good thing is they were desperate for me to eat just something so I’ve managed to wangle 3 portions of jelly and ice cream so far 😂 nothing else appeals to me

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks everyone, I’ve had pretty much no sleep as I’ve been on the monitor most of the night and he’s just not hitting criteria 😔 ir seems my pulse is really low which is affecting the baby. I’m waiting to see the consultant, I’m so exhausted 😔 the only good thing is they were desperate for me to eat just something so I’ve managed to wangle 3 portions of jelly and ice cream so far 😂 nothing else appeals to me
Hope you’re ok ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hope the consultant gets round to you quickly with a plan and you can get home for some rest xx

• Heart
Sending you lots of love! Like everyone else has said you’re in the right place. Sorry it’s such a tit time for you though ❤

• Heart
im having such a rough time 😞 ive been admitted now for the third time in my pregnancy. Im struggling so much this is the hardest thing ive ever done - hats off to you ladies who do it over and over! They’re worried about blood flow to the baby and the size. I’m so scared 😔
Hope you and baby are doing okay, sending you love 💕

• Heart
God getting a newborn ready and out of the house with all the stuff they need is challenging. Me and Mr R decided to get Nando’s for lunch at 10:30….we’ve only just managed to leave the house 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
God getting a newborn ready and out of the house with all the stuff they need is challenging. Me and Mr R decided to get Nando’s for lunch at 10:30….we’ve only just managed to leave the house 😂
I always say this! I could never be one of them up and out at 8am parents. My 2 year old does football once a week and I am frazzled and sweating before we leave at 9 for it hahahaa

• Haha
Reactions: 7
imagine how i felt this morning trying to get a 4 year old ready and a newborn for the school run!! i can totally see why some parents do the school run in their pyjama's 😂 (i didn’t go in my pyjamas, i’m not that bad, yet!!!)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I always say this! I could never be one of them up and out at 8am parents. My 2 year old does football once a week and I am frazzled and sweating before we leave at 9 for it hahahaa
The other day we had an appt at 9:30 and I said to Mr R we’d need to be up early to get everything sorted and make sure we could leave on time and he was like “really? Surely you just put his bag in the car” yes, yes it’s that simple. Baby definitely won’t want feeding or changing as soon as we’re ready to leave, he obviously won’t throw up either on himself or one of us when we’re all dressed, we can easily both be getting ready at the same time cus baby won’t want holding at all and we’ll definitely have bottles washed and sterilised ready to go and all the stuff we need in the bag, have his red book ready and he’ll easily go in the car seat 🙄😂
---
imagine how i felt this morning trying to get a 4 year old ready and a newborn for the school run!! i can totally see why some parents do the school run in their pyjama's 😂 (i didn’t go in my pyjamas, i’m not that bad, yet!!!)
I’ll 100% be a pyjama mum 🤣 luckily when he’s older all the kids in our village get a bus to school and it picks them up from the end of our road so I’ll only have to face village mums and not all the school mums 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t really get videos like this. Do people just do things to be obscure? Why would you let people kiss the baby? Why would they eat a happy meal at 6 months? What made her decide to wean at 4 months? Like I just feel like some people just WANT to ignore all guidelines/advice for the sake of it. It’s not controversial it’s just wrong lol

I did try to just post the video, Tattle wasn’t having it so here’s screenshots. Then there’s comment saying they have never sterilised a bottle lol
Obviously most of this is totally barking mad BUT (and feel free to correct me as I’m not a mum yet and haven’t done that much research as yet) the only one I can kinda see the logic in is the bottle sterilising one… generations before us managed with hot water and dish soap or whatever and even the old fashioned sterilised machines don’t seem good enough any more. Obviously keeping bottles fresh and not letting them get gunky and smelly. Am I deluded like that other person 😢😅

I don’t really get videos like this. Do people just do things to be obscure? Why would you let people kiss the baby? Why would they eat a happy meal at 6 months? What made her decide to wean at 4 months? Like I just feel like some people just WANT to ignore all guidelines/advice for the sake of it. It’s not controversial it’s just wrong lol

I did try to just post the video, Tattle wasn’t having it so here’s screenshots. Then there’s comment saying they have never sterilised a bottle lol
Happy meal at 6 months 🥴 don’t get me wrong my almost 3yo loves a maccies and I’ve been partial to making more freezer meals these last few weeks before I drop but a 6 month old consuming all that salt and fat in one sitting is mental to me

Reactions: 2
Obviously most of this is totally barking mad BUT (and feel free to correct me as I’m not a mum yet and haven’t done that much research as yet) the only one I can kinda see the logic in is the bottle sterilising one… generations before us managed with hot water and dish soap or whatever and even the old fashioned sterilised machines don’t seem good enough any more. Obviously keeping bottles fresh and not letting them get gunky and smelly. Am I deluded like that other person 😢😅
It’s a hard one because once I’ve heard something should be done I take it to the extreme. For example I don’t get the normal sterilisers, you’re going to wash a bottle and THEN you need to sterilise them, if you use the cold water / steam method how are you drying them again in a 100% safe way? Dry it with a dish cloth. Dish clothes hold bacteria (unless you’re literally going to use a clean/new one everyday) so really that’s already putting bacteria back onto the bottle. Or air dry. There’s bacteria/dust in the air too. That’s why I had to go for the Tommee Tippee dry/sterilise fridge thing, because it resolved those issues. But I’m sure just as well someone could now come in and tear the fridge to shreds too. I don’t think there is 100% fool proof methods especially for nutters like me

I see your point, there is debate about it sterilising but, It's always balancing risk but there's just things that take no time or effort and are infinitely safer.
Generations before us had far higher infant mortality rates, we've reduced these by safer, proven modern methods. My Mum and Nan never had a machine but they'd boil in a pan to sterilise.
It's just so easy to do - like Milton cold water you just submerge the bottle in the water with a tablet for 15 mins and use straight away. They can sit in the water until you need them and you only change the water every 24hrs so why would you not? And then use it as some kind of flex. It's bizarre.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I see your point, there is debate about it sterilising but, It's always balancing risk but there's just things that take no time or effort and are infinitely safer.
Generations before us had far higher infant mortality rates, we've reduced these by safer, proven modern methods. My Mum and Nan never had a machine but they'd boil in a pan to sterilise.
It's just so easy to do - like Milton cold water you just submerge the bottle in the water with a tablet for 15 mins and use straight away. They can sit in the water until you need them and you only change the water every 24hrs so why would you not? And then use it as some kind of flex. It's bizarre.
This resolves my above post!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.