Pregnancy Off Topic Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone already with toddlers or anyone close to their niece's/nephews etc recommend a good present for a four year old girl? She's very confident with endless energy so I'm thinking something creative/educational to get her sitting down and concentrating. Nothing that takes up too much space either as it's my best friends little one and her, hubby and daughter have just moved back in with her parents so very limited space. I've been scrolling through Amazon and Argos but I'm clueless.
I agree with the play doh, in the Entertainer if you have one there’s a different brand of dough think it’s Nick Jr that have some good ones. I got my son a monster making one and a cafe one where you can make waffles etc and he loves it he plays it every other day! Craft stuff is dead good for kids, the Works is great for that kind of stuff!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've dropped Mr Brew at the pub to celebrate his team winning the FA cup, so I'm back on the sofa with a large dominos pizza watching more Married at First Sight Australia. Can't complain!
Attempted some gardening earlier but got worn out after five minutes haha, is this the new normal?!
How are you and your little family?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes that’s your new normal! Enjoy your pizza.

We had chippy for dinner and baby R is currently asleep on my chest which seems to be his favourite place to sleep 😊 it’s so cute but I get nothing done at all!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Has anyone any experience using scar patches after c-section?
Yep, brilliant! I got £12 ones off Amazon and my scar is non existent. Helped with the itching and sorted a little thickened area at one end so it completely went. Will definitely use again.

I’m a mess.
My ‘cold’ is a chest and ear infection. I got antibiotics but she said it’s probably viral and they won’t work, don’t think they are. But probably a combo of them and the pads & leaking from coughing has caused either severe irritation or thrush.
Also, my latest sample had bacteria which could be a UTI so I need a retest, when that one was a retest of the last sample that had protein and Ketones that took them 3 days to process.
Like FFS! Plus I’ve got a load of mouth ulcers and my ribs are f-ing killing. I’m just done in.

Should Canestan sting? I can’t remember.

On the plus side we were relieved of trying to parent tonight and got some lovely food and a night to ourselves with a lie in tomorrow - silver linings 🤍

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Yep, brilliant! I got £12 ones off Amazon and my scar is non existent. Helped with the itching and sorted a little thickened area at one end so it completely went. Will definitely use again.

I’m a mess.
My ‘cold’ is a chest and ear infection. I got antibiotics but she said it’s probably viral and they won’t work, don’t think they are. But probably a combo of them and the pads & leaking from coughing has caused either severe irritation or thrush.
Also, my latest sample had bacteria which could be a UTI so I need a retest, when that one was a retest of the last sample that had protein and Ketones that took them 3 days to process.
Like FFS! Plus I’ve got a load of mouth ulcers and my ribs are f-ing killing. I’m just done in.

On the plus side we were relieved of trying to parent tonight and got some lovely food and a night to ourselves with a lie in tomorrow - silver linings 🤍
I used the pessary last night actually, and it did sting for a little bit after going in and uncomfortable to use in the first place. It’s just a bleeping headache. Mine was caused by antibiotics too. That I didn’t even end up needing to take.

I just want to be able to have baths with loads of my still untouched Rituals bubble bath without getting thrush without fail. Please.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I used the pessary last night actually, and it did sting for a little bit after going in and uncomfortable to use in the first place. It’s just a bleeping headache. Mine was caused by antibiotics too. That I didn’t even end up needing to take.

I just want to be able to have baths with loads of my still untouched Rituals bubble bath without getting thrush without fail. Please.
Thank you. I’ve only got the cream at the min but it’s definitely not comfy for maybe the first 30 seconds or so.
I didn’t think but I’ve actually also been having baths (with my LO so bubbles) as I thought the warm/steam might help. Probably done myself over there too.

• Heart

I’m a mess.

Ah bless you, I hope you feel better soon. Try not to worry about the bacteria, if you do have thrush it could just be caused by that or discharge, I have leukocytes with every single urine sample which is apparently just common in pregnancy. Canestan can definitely sting if you’re already quite sore and irritated down below. Sending hugs, hope you enjoy your lie in and night to yourselves today x

• Heart
Hope you feel better soon @littlepup pregnancy is hard enough without extra illness on top!

I’m knackered this morning, spent all night turning over to accommodate my aching hips, both now ache so turning gave no relief. They’ve been bearable until today so I’m hoping I can stretch it out and this isn’t the beginning of them getting worse.

• Heart
How is everyone today? I’ve got a bit of a headache which I think is tiredness related. There’s meant to be a storm today and I also get headaches then so that might it! So I’m just staying in with the kids today and hoping for a cheeky nap when my fella gets home work 😏

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How is everyone today? I’ve got a bit of a headache which I think is tiredness related. There’s meant to be a storm today and I also get headaches then so that might it! So I’m just staying in with the kids today and hoping for a cheeky nap when my fella gets home work 😏
I've taken the dog for a walk before the heavy rain and storms and then decided to sort out the remaining 2 of my kitchen cupboards that I've not blitzed yet..

My other half and I are rewatching ER so going to squeeze in a few episodes before the F1 (which will likely be my nap time 😂)

• Heart
Still not got LO home & OH has popped out so I'm in bed with my laptop, getting my last baby buys and rinsing tattle while baby does gymnastics - bliss.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Keep an eye on your headache and if it gets bad ring triage. I was warned about them because of the spinal because you could have a leak. Obviously I’m ignoring the pretty bad headache I’ve had for 5 days and putting it down to tiredness and my low iron too 😏

We’ve just been for lunch, making the most of Mr R’s last few days of paternity. And impulse bought a new car seat because I hate the one that came with my travel system so so much. Annoying because we’ve used it for 2 weeks so I can’t sell it as new now even tho it’s barely used at all 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m really struggling today tbh. Was with my partner for 7 years and he left me in February, I’m due start of July. Has no interest in baby & has blocked me, with no contact since then. Have had to pretend to everyone that everything is fine. But it’s not, I feel like I’m drowning. The thoughts of another week of acting normal, when all I want to do is cry and hide. I’m so scared and I feel so alone. Everyone means well and is just asking about the baby, how can no one see I’m falling apart. Why is no one asking how I am. I’m sorry, I’m not sure why I’ve written this. I don’t really have anyone to talk to

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I’m really struggling today tbh. Was with my partner for 7 years and he left me in February, I’m due start of July. Has no interest in baby & has blocked me, with no contact since then. Have had to pretend to everyone that everything is fine. But it’s not, I feel like I’m drowning. The thoughts of another week of acting normal, when all I want to do is cry and hide. I’m so scared and I feel so alone. Everyone means well and is just asking about the baby, how can no one see I’m falling apart. Why is no one asking how I am. I’m sorry, I’m not sure why I’ve written this. I don’t really have anyone to talk to
I’m so sorry to hear this, you don’t have to act like you have it all together, not with everyone. Do you have a trusted close friend who you can see and explain how you are feeling? It might feel good to let someone in if you are comfortable with that? Sending lots of love, and if you want to talk, we are always here (usually someone at all points of the day and night!)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.