Pregnancy Off Topic Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ve got the Milton cold water one and just leave the bottles in til we need them then shake off the excess water or before bed we put the bottles together with the lids on so the teat stays sterile. I figure that and the inside of the bottle where the milk goes are the important bits and neither of those are exposed that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I LOVE my milton cold water steriliser lol. We had an electric Phillips one with my first and it was such a ball ache. I remember being livid once waking up with the baby at 5am and my fella had used the last bottle the feed before and hadn’t sterilised any bottles so the baby was screaming his little head off and had to wait for a bottle AND for me to sterilise them. I was fuming! So was the baby 😂 We’ve not had that problem with the cold water one, it’s so much easier

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thanks ladies that’s really helpful to know! I defo need some kind of contraption so I’ll look into that one. I’m ideally wanting to do BF and bottle feeding so my husband can get in on the action and so anything that makes life simple for his little man brain 👍🏼

• Haha
Thanks ladies that’s really helpful to know! I defo need some kind of contraption so I’ll look into that one. I’m ideally wanting to do BF and bottle feeding so my husband can get in on the action and so anything that makes life simple for his little man brain 👍🏼
That was my main reason for getting the cold water one. Little man brain 😂 we have the mam bottles and I was trying to teach him how to sterilise one in the microwave a few months ago and he just couldn’t get his head around it so I bought the cold water bucket. He can just about cope with put a tablet in and fill to the line 😂

• Haha
Haha I read this as ‘i defo need some kind of contraception’ i thought you’re a bit late for that you’re pregnant 😆 i’m obvs over tired haha

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thanks guys ❤ I’m at home but I’ve got to go back daily for monitoring. I’m absolutely exhausted. I had the most amazing midwife on the ward today, she was so lovely she even phoned me when I got home to make sure I was okay. It’s amazing how much having a good midwife can ease the situation for you! I’m just going to rest up as much as possible.
Hope you’re all okay and have a lovely bank hol!! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Good that you’re being monitored to keep you and baby safe and brilliant that you can sleep in your own bed. A lovely midwife makes all the difference. Hope you manage to get some much needed rest xx

• Heart
Try to see it as a positive that they’re monitoring you so closely. I know it’s easier said than done because your mind will be in overdrive but try to rest over the weekend, put your feet up and let Mr Wood look after you both. Hope baby woods stays put and has a growth spurt soon ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
In the last hour I’ve been pee’d, puked and poo’d on and had to change Baby R’s clothes twice. Friday nights as a mum are really different 😂

All of that after he had a bath and relaxing baby massage with the best smelling Aveeno night time cream, obviously. Nice one Baby R.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Can anyone already with toddlers or anyone close to their niece's/nephews etc recommend a good present for a four year old girl? She's very confident with endless energy so I'm thinking something creative/educational to get her sitting down and concentrating. Nothing that takes up too much space either as it's my best friends little one and her, hubby and daughter have just moved back in with her parents so very limited space. I've been scrolling through Amazon and Argos but I'm clueless.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Can anyone already with toddlers or anyone close to their niece's/nephews etc recommend a good present for a four year old girl? She's very confident with endless energy so I'm thinking something creative/educational to get her sitting down and concentrating. Nothing that takes up too much space either as it's my best friends little one and her, hubby and daughter have just moved back in with her parents so very limited space. I've been scrolling through Amazon and Argos but I'm clueless.
My friends little one has this and loves it or any type of etch a sketch xx
IMG_7361.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 3
If they have a tablet, you could get a voucher for an educational app for a few months. However if you want something physical, Mines 3.5 but the older cousins will play with all of these.
Most requested education-ish small toys to get out here-
Card making/craft box
Magna-tiles (wayyyyy cheaper to buy on Amazon https://amzn.eu/d/aiJ0b9K)
Jigsaws
Snap/pairs
Screwdriver/nuts & bolts busy board

Less educational -
“My Busy book” (story with characters, good as pack into themselves)
Play-doh dentist head

Takes concentration but not that interested tbf -
Beads/threading
Magnetic dress up person (like a flat wood person with different profession outfits you place on.) Both ours are Melissa & Doug brand

If parents not offended and kid is quite cheeky there’s also “Scratch & Sniff Fart Books”.
We don’t have them but been requested for gifts a few times, the kids find them funny and engaging.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks guys ❤ I’m at home but I’ve got to go back daily for monitoring. I’m absolutely exhausted. I had the most amazing midwife on the ward today, she was so lovely she even phoned me when I got home to make sure I was okay. It’s amazing how much having a good midwife can ease the situation for you! I’m just going to rest up as much as possible.
Hope you’re all okay and have a lovely bank hol!! Xx
at one point in my pregnancy I had to go in everyday for daily monitoring, it’s such a pain but at least you get the reassurance everyday. Rest up as much as you can and take it easy! ❤

• Heart
God I’m tired I woke up early naturally and both kids were still asleep so I had a quick shower, next thing my 4 year old is awake so I got dressed quickly, I grabbed a pair of maternity lounge set trousers that I thought would at least still fit. Got halfway down the stairs with the baby and the 4yo and my trousers fell down 😂😂 My 4yo was like ‘….Mummy why have your pants fell down??’ 😂

• Haha
Orchard Toys games are amazing for getting little ones to sit down and concentrate and play as a family! You can shop by age and they’re all educational.

If you wanted something creative you can’t really go wrong with a play doh set of some sort! (Ice cream maker, pizza oven, peppa pig theme, dentist, hair salon etc!)

• Heart
I second orchard games, mine still play the shopping list game! Puzzles? I actually love when people buy mine paper, colouring/activity books and pens and stuff because it’s all stuff I then don’t have to restock when it runs out

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.