Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
Oh I went to see her YEARS ago when Justin Bieber was supporting her 😂😂😂 was the tour for the Fearless album and JB broke his leg in london the night before hahahaha.
She was unreal even back then, I love watching clips on tiktok of her now!
I have fearless on cd and remember listening to it driving around in my car ❤

Laughalong

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a baby monitor?
Think I’ve overwhelmed myself with all the options 😂
Would I be mad getting an owlet and video monitor?
I see the most rave reviews about Vtech

The Owlet is still an internal debate I’m having everyday. My heart wants to just because I am a crazy over worrier but everyone keeps telling me it’ll consume my life. What if I want it to!!! I’ve heard the baby monitor that goes with it isn’t actually the best though

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
I got a non maternity playsuit from Next a few weeks ago think I got 2 sizes up and I literally look like a pregnant toddler in it 😂 it's so comfy though so I don't care but I caught a glimpse of myself side on and nearly died I am so huge hahahaha
Comfort is key but the comfort of playsuits ends when you need a wee and have to strip off 😂

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Does anyone use glass baby bottles?
We got gifted one (I don’t even know where it is now!) but haven’t used it. I don’t see the point? 😂

Re shaving I didn’t find doing down there too difficult because I’ve been doing it so long and until the last couple of weeks I could reach around bump. My legs however was a different story. If I tried I came out with stripey legs. When I wore a dress for my baby shower I got my mum round to do them for me 😂

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
I don’t really get videos like this. Do people just do things to be obscure? Why would you let people kiss the baby? Why would they eat a happy meal at 6 months? What made her decide to wean at 4 months? Like I just feel like some people just WANT to ignore all guidelines/advice for the sake of it. It’s not controversial it’s just wrong lol

I did try to just post the video, Tattle wasn’t having it so here’s screenshots. Then there’s comment saying they have never sterilised a bottle lol
Obviously most of this is totally barking mad BUT (and feel free to correct me as I’m not a mum yet and haven’t done that much research as yet) the only one I can kinda see the logic in is the bottle sterilising one… generations before us managed with hot water and dish soap or whatever and even the old fashioned sterilised machines don’t seem good enough any more. Obviously keeping bottles fresh and not letting them get gunky and smelly. Am I deluded like that other person 😢😅

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
@Brewtime87 One for you, a new clinic in Manchester is doing free scans. And anyone else remotely near Manchester. Haven’t a clue how good this will be… but it’s free so! Only book when it changes the scan prices to £0 and then it doesn’t ask any deposit / payment
Thank you! I booked it then instantly panicked and cancelled 🤣 it booked me in at a city centre location which is a bit of a faff. Might get a grip and rebook tomorrow haha.

User767676

This weather is infuriating me because of this 😡 I didn’t buy much mat stuff because it’s expensive for what it is and for round the house I have pjs etc but I’ve got nothing to wear out because of the weather 😩😩😩
Got loads of dresses that I was hoping to be living in by now but nope - off to go and find something to dress up my maternity leggings with for tomorrow 🫠
Same! All my dresses I can’t really wear tights or anything because they are midi or longer. I did get some linen / patterned trousers from vinted that im living in with my three t shirts - I refuse to buy anymore when I’ve only got a few weeks left!

mind you if it was as hot as last year no doubt I’d be moaning I’m too hot !

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
Oh no now I'm really confused, I have the day and night perfect prep machine, would I still need a rapid cool to make it the right temp after the perfect prep has made the bottle up?

yankydoo

Chatty Member
I treated myself to some lululemon leggings, 3 of the same style & with the stretch in them they’ve done me my whole pregnancy. Definitely my best purchase. .
I love the material of the aligns but they give me such bad camel toe :-( I got some CRZ Yoga ones from Amazon a while ago and they are amazing and similar to Lulu. They actually do a maternity ones too.

ellieb123_xo

VIP Member
With oldest growth scan was spot on. This time I’ve had 4 and they’ve followed a pretty similar path but we’ll see. They’re 8lb at 37+4 🙈

I got clothes, books and toys from charity shops.
There are subscription services where you pay £30-40 a month to recieve toys or clothes, you send them back and get more. They’re marketed as very ethical and middle class but tbh, I don’t see the difference to a charity shop! I can spend £10 in the charity, take it back the next month and buy £10 more and everyone wins 🤷🏼‍♀️

Almost everything was second hand first time.
Pram was the one we wanted in pristine condition, I just replaced the hood fabric £100 vs £900+ and I’m so glad because I hate it and switched to a stroller asap. Ikea high chair, gro egg and travel cot & sheets from same friend.
We had new clothes but got my cousin’s kids entire wardrobe (and they were biggggg, designer buyers) Also some sleep sacks, Baby bath, silicone food stuff, bibs, tethers, all sorts.
Another cousin loaned breast pump and bits to try before I bought but I used their hand pump, Milton, Moses & next 2 me (inc some sheets) play gym mat, this ring thing they could sit in, sling and baby carrier, fancy change mat.
I did get a car seat from a friend who’d only really got it to get baby home and it’d been Covid so basically new, that was the one thing I was iffy on but trusted the source.
I up cycled the wardrobe and used a sideboard/table as a change station, and old rucksack for a change bag until I got a storksac one off eBay to travel with. Second hand stroller from a yard sale for £5 for grandparents.
I’ve now bought a second hand but brand new cradle from a friend of a friend and a close caboo from Vinted. I need a baby carrier still but might go new

Not to sound like a twat but I could afford to buy everything new no problem, I just didnt & I reckon I saved thousands and have no regrets. Baby didn’t suffer for it one iota and neither did I. Tbf that’s probably why I was ok with it, if I’d had to do it it’d be depressing and I may feel guilty even, so I do get the privilege. We still got stuff ourselves new, the next size 360 car seats we had to buy 3, that was pricy! A fancy rip off stokke highchair but got a deal. The travel stroller. Clothes and shoes, cot, dummies, bottles feeding bits, breast pumps, more toys and tethers, bedding, totter and tumble mat all sorts. I’ve got a new Baby Bjorn bouncer for this one.

We gave back a lot when both cousins had another baby along with things we’d got new. I’m now sorting a load more for a friend’s daughter’s imminent arrival as they’re the same gender as our first.

Actually the only regret is that we didn’t know if we’d be able to have another so there are things I’m having to buy now that we borrowed last time as they’ve since got rid of. If I’d have known, I’d have got new first time abound.

(I got all new mattresses except the travel cot that’s only been used once)
Oh wow! You’re a pro 😊
I bought all new with my first & thought I was one and done & gave it all away, now with second I’m determined not to spend the mad money I did first time round.
Obviously like everyone else I give everything a good wash, etc.
Was excitedly telling my friend I’d gotten a Charlie Crane rocker, as new for a tenner & a whole new mum starter pack haakaa (unopened) for a fiver. And the look of horror on my friends face took me by surprise.
I missed what happened earlier but f them. I love your informative posts.

ASAnigel

VIP Member
I treated myself to some lululemon leggings, 3 of the same style & with the stretch in them they’ve done me my whole pregnancy. Definitely my best purchase. .
I have a pair (should say had because they’re well past their best now) and was going to get another because like you say they have really good stretch but they’ve changed the material and the new ones aren’t as stretchy as the ones I had so not sure if it’s worth risking it or not!
I’ve been in my usual adanola’s until now (23 weeks) but I can no longer sit down in them without feeling like I’m being cut in half 🤣 when I went to feel the new material of the lulu’s they felt a lot like the adanola material so I didn’t bother!

yankydoo

Chatty Member
I asked this on the main pregnancy thread but didn’t get a reply. Anyone seen a tight jumpsuit or romper in a soft stretchy sports material and not ribbed and not super expensive please?

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Are they not seeing you to check on your scar or anything or are the hospital checking in on you? Only because other than weighing baby, asking how he was feeding and checking jaundice levels they were mostly focused on me and my recovery, scar, emotions etc during the 3/5/7/14 day appointments so it seems a bit rubbish they won’t have that engagement with you for several weeks? Do they have any emotional support in place at the hospital so you’ve got someone to talk to on the harder days?

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
We went on a date night last night just for drinks to all the nice places in Manchester, so The Ivy, Sexy Fish, 20 Stories, Albert Schloss. If anything it just made me depressed seeing all the girls super skinny in their mini dresses and heels with pristine hair ready to party. In comparison I’m now a boring girl in flats with a belly drinking mocktails, yawning all night. Like it was a cute night but after the meltdown of getting ready realising that all the maternity stuff I have is very much daytime wear it just felt more of a negative looking round lol

Just thought to myself “I’ll be back… catch me next summer!!”
I've found stretchy midi bodycon skirts have been a saviour for wanting to still feel like I've worn something at least semi-dressy. Especially the mesh type material ones if you know the type I mean?!