Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

aggytha

VIP Member
Hi everyone (and technically happy birthday to @watermelon sugar because it’s 1am!)

What’s the earliest you’ve felt your babies move? I’m 14+3 and felt some weird sensations today, granted I have been at a very loud concert and the babies are probably like “wtf”

Could I feel them this early? I know I get my 2nd earlier than my 1st but can’t remember what week of pregnancy either of them were (sorry kids)
I kept saying to everyone that I felt aware of some sort of movement/swooshing/bubbles when I was around 14 weeks! With my first I didn’t get those feelings until I was around 16/17w so it’s probably a combination of it not being your first pregnancy and there being 2 in there! ❤

Laughalong

VIP Member
So am I right in saying to not really take the baby measurements they do seriously? First one tomorrow at 30 weeks

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Oooh I’ll give her a go on the comfort milk and see if it quietens Miss Piggy down. Are you allowed to just change milk!?
As long as you stick to the same brand I think it’s fine. It’s just slightly thicker than normal milk so doesn’t get as bubbly and it doesn’t come up as easily (which is what I’m guessing makes Baby R quieter at night because it’s not coming up a bit and causing all the weird noises?)
---
Oh god 😂

threeSMEGfridges

VIP Member
I’m 20w3d with Baby Smegs. 1st baby felt a few movements so far but not a regular pattern.

When do the headaches and leg cramps stop and I get that 2nd trimester burst of energy glowing thing?!

fakeyflaps

I randomly came across this thread whilst looking for another, and I saw mention of the Rapid Cool. I had to jump on to explain how I use it as it is a game changer….apologies if this suggestion has already been posted!

Once bottles are sterilised, I put the correct amount of formula in each bottle.
Fill a thermal flask of boiling water.
when baby is ready for a feed, pour in 1oz of the hot water into the pre-prepared bottle.swirl to mix formula and leave without any lid on.

Pour the remainder if the required amount of Oz/Ml into the rapid cool. Flip upside town, turn it on, shake etc then when it is ready, pour the cooled down water into the bottle, give it another swirl and its ready to go!

This then saves having to sterilise the rapid cool each time as you arent putting formula into the rapid cool flask, just water!!

i hope this makes sense!!?!

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Can’t remember if it was you Rasp or someone else who pointed out in her thread how fucking bizarre it is that she exclaimed “I’m 27 weeks now, they could technically come from now!” in an excited voice. Yes you weirdo, they COULD come… in a potentially life threatening premature way! You should not want them to!
Wasn’t me but yes it’s strange how excited she is they could come any day! They’d be so poorly, likely for life, if they were born now or even in the next month or so! She should be doing everything she can to keep them in. Shes probably just focusing on the attention she’d get from having such prem babies. Strange, strange specimen.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I had this thought too!! I understand when it’s more high amounts such as 7oz cos you can do 2oz hot shot but what do you do when it’s newborn?? Can you use it??

Just read above that answers it thank you Rasp!! So use it with putting the formula in?
Yeah I just make a bottle as normal in the bottle, pour the whole lot in the rapid cool and shake it til the light goes green (literally takes about 30 seconds for a 4oz bottle!) then pour it back in the bottle 😊

You hold it upside down when you first put the hot liquid in so it can get the temperature and then just shake until it’s green. It’s so simple. You could get it out and try it with some boiled water just to see how it works before baby comes 😁

Laughalong

VIP Member
Just catching up, @ellieb123_xo so sorry you've had such a rough time of it so far, please do make sure you lean on us and find someone you can trust in your private life and open up to them even if they hadn't asked. Sometimes people just assume you'd rather not talk about things like that so they just don't ask. I would also mention it to your midwife to see what support they can offer with mental health etc.

@Laughalong jeez what a shit situation. Tricky one as it's from pre-meeting you and he clearly thought this other girl has accepted and was fine with him not being involved so just thought it has 'gone away' to an extent, almost like he could pretend it wasn't a thing. I'm glad you're able to find the strength to work through it though, and the fact that his attitude towards being a parent is the total opposite with you is so promising. I would block this other girl now if you haven't already and let her be some other poor blokes problem if she's going to behave that immaturely to you.

Life really is never easy is it but I guess we all just have to remember the good times outweigh the bad.
Thank you. You’ve summed his thinking up basically to a tee and yeah she’s blocked. I have nothing else to hear from her or let her try to ruin. It’s come out of pure envy this is a family he’s asked for and really wants.

How’s everyone bank holidays been???

User767676

Just sat on the bus to head in to do some messages & realized I still have my slippers on 😣 baby brain is fully on anyway
I nearly walked out to the shop in my slippers the other day. Realised just in time but still locked managed to lock my OH out on the garden 😂

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I randomly came across this thread whilst looking for another, and I saw mention of the Rapid Cool. I had to jump on to explain how I use it as it is a game changer….apologies if this suggestion has already been posted!

Once bottles are sterilised, I put the correct amount of formula in each bottle.
Fill a thermal flask of boiling water.
when baby is ready for a feed, pour in 1oz of the hot water into the pre-prepared bottle.swirl to mix formula and leave without any lid on.

Pour the remainder if the required amount of Oz/Ml into the rapid cool. Flip upside town, turn it on, shake etc then when it is ready, pour the cooled down water into the bottle, give it another swirl and its ready to go!

This then saves having to sterilise the rapid cool each time as you arent putting formula into the rapid cool flask, just water!!

i hope this makes sense!!?!
This is similar to the hot shot method but that way you add the 1oz water and then the powder. How are you accurately measuring the 1oz if you already have formula powder in the bottle? 😊