Pregnancy Off Topic Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes! Get some peppermint oil from Holland and Barratt, it really helped x
Good shout - Adding to my list!

Anything else c-section specific anyone can think of? I’ve got my pain killer stock, compression socks and silicone scar plasters. Does the first 💩 still hurt, I’m sure someone said it did, do I want some prune juice or something? I really can’t remember from last time.

Just to clarify, we’ve not used the windii since they were tiny. In case I made it sound like we’re still using it 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The first 💩 wasn’t too bad for me, it was soft (sorry tmi again ) but when they firmed up boy oh boy, it was sore! I genuinely almost cried 😂
The first wee after the catheter was out was surprisingly sore too

Reactions: 2
The first 💩 wasn’t too bad for me, it was soft (sorry tmi again ) but when they firmed up boy oh boy, it was sore! I genuinely almost cried 😂
The first wee after the catheter was out was surprisingly sore too
This was the same for me! After the first 💩 I ended up constipated so it was painful but the first wee after the catheter hurt! It was like a combo of burning and just actual pain haha!

Reactions: 3
for my first poo I used my 4 year olds step he has for the toilet to put my feet up on and it helped me get it out! Lovely convo 😂😂 Just had me lunch

It was the first wee after getting the catheter out for me - I just couldn’t get my bladder going!! I was sat on the toilet for ages, opened the door to the midwife and said i can’t do it, she said put the tap and on and have a wiggle. So i put the tap on, sat on the loo and wiggled round a bit, then I started weeing and got so proud of myself I had forgotten I’d put the tap on and the sink had overflowed and water was coming out the sink 😂😂 I opened the door to the midwife and was like , good news I’ve had a wee; bad news I’ve flooded the bathroom 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I didn’t find the first wee bad, I managed to completely fill the thing they give you to measure your output 😂

The first poo was awful tho! It genuinely took me nearly an hour of sitting on the toilet to do it. That was after lactulose and laxido. I also used a little step that my friends had been to get for me to help 😂

As well as scar patches I also had a csection recovery band from Frida Mom. It was an absolute godsend in the early days cus I could put ice packs in it to soothe my wound when it was really hurting

• Heart
Reactions: 2
For me the pee took AGES to get flowing. It was about an hour post birth and it was mostly blood in the bowl 😬 I just wanted to wee in the shower but they have to monitor it don’t they.
The poo took me 3 days to pluck up the courage to go. It wasn’t too bad but the pressure was terrible in my coccyx anyway from my birth. 3 weeks PP and still struggling with constipation some days. But my bleeding has completely stopped today! Omg it feels good to not wear a pad. (Probs start up again later now I’ve jinxed myself lol)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You’re brave going pad free 😂 mine has been stop start. It’s only just stopped properly this week but I’m still using liners just incase.

My bleeding stopped at about 3 weeks for a few days then I started what I assume is my period but I’ve been on it over a week now so not sure. But I keep getting really bad period pains.

I just want to stop bleeding. But I’ll miss the ‘ugh I’m bleeding!’ excuse when my fella is trying to pull me for a shag 😂

• Haha
You’re brave going pad free 😂 mine has been stop start. It’s only just stopped properly this week but I’m still using liners just incase.
I ain’t leaving the house so I’m safe today. Also no visitors today - THANK THE LORD. just a day of me and the child on our own.🥹 I’ve got the liners good to go. But I’m letting the girl breeeeathe right now 😅
---
My bleeding stopped at about 3 weeks for a few days then I started what I assume is my period but I’ve been on it over a week now so not sure. But I keep getting really bad period pains.

I just want to stop bleeding. But I’ll miss the ‘ugh I’m bleeding!’ excuse when my fella is trying to pull me for a shag 😂
To be fair I stopped last week then restarted again so I ain’t too hopeful!!! I don’t want a period yet. I ain’t ready!!!!

• Heart
Are all these horror stories just c section specific or just birth in general. I’m in denial that as soon as I give birth that’s it 😂

• Haha
Are all these horror stories just c section specific or just birth in general. I’m in denial that as soon as I give birth that’s it 😂
The wee with my first was PAINFUL!! That was a vagina birth. Someone told me to pour a jug of cold water over my foof as I wee and that definitely helped. The wee after my section was just hard to do 😂

Can’t remember my first poo with my vaginal birth. Probs blocked it out 🤣

• Haha
I’m not ashamed to admit I’ve had a little stool in the toilet for the days where it’s hard to go for years 😂😂

• Haha
I’m 2 weeks pp and I thought my bleeding had stopped/slowed down so went to Asda today in just a liner. Which was a big mistake 🤣I’ll not go into too much detail but it looked like a crime scene down there 🤣 back to the maternity pads I think 😩

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m 2 weeks pp and I thought my bleeding had stopped/slowed down so went to Asda today in just a liner. Which was a big mistake 🤣I’ll not go into too much detail but it looked like a crime scene down there 🤣 back to the maternity pads I think 😩
Gravity is not the friend of a PP mama! 😂

I’m not ashamed to admit I’ve had a little stool in the toilet for the days where it’s hard to go for years 😂😂
Yeah mines staying in the bathroom 🤣 for when baby is old enough to need it, obviously 👀

• Haha
Ok, I'm taking prune juice and dried apricots!
I'll take my peri bottle thingy for relief after the first wee too. I really have a total blank about the first few days after the birth last time. Think I was just shocked and out of it by the time I realised what was going on I was past the worst. I did somehow some come home with the plastic measuring jug I had to wee in though 😂
I've read evening primrose can help recovery, anyone tried that?

I slipped one foot out on a mat earlier and basically did the splits, with SPD/PGP - the agony!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Oh bloody hell. Scuse the pun.
I’ve stayed laid on the sofa most of the day. Might be like the lift scene from the shining when I get up shortly…

• Haha
Ok, I'm taking prune juice and dried apricots!
I'll take my peri bottle thingy for relief after the first wee too. I really have a total blank about the first few days after the birth last time. Think I was just shocked and out of it by the time I realised what was going on I was past the worst. I did somehow some come home with the plastic measuring jug I had to wee in though 😂
I've read evening primrose can help recovery, anyone tried that?

I slipped one foot out on a mat earlier and basically did the splits, with SPD/PGP - the agony!
whenever i see evening primrose i just think of this

BA19F410-B961-4BC2-B8B3-4EEB88502783.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.