Pregnancy Off Topic Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone used these??

& apologies if silly, but what do you do with the peppermint oil?
If it’s for trapped wind, you need to get peppermint oil that you can drink, the only place I found it was Holland and Barratt. (I.e not the essential oils type that are on Amazon!)

They just told me to chew gum for trapped wind. Either it worked or I didn’t have any wind to start with 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Gals how do you decide on a pram?
I thought I’d found the one but I’m not so sure now :cry: the one I like is a bundle and expensive as it is, but the sales person said the car seat isn’t great so would recommend getting an alternative one. What do you doooo

• Heart
Reactions: 2
If it’s for trapped wind, you need to get peppermint oil that you can drink, the only place I found it was Holland and Barratt. (I.e not the essential oils type that are on Amazon!)
Superdrug & Amazon have got capsules but quite large quantities.
I recall the syrup but not having the wind last time. Is it usually a one shot and it’s gone thing or does it build back up so it’s worth buying some to have at home in case.

Superdrug & Amazon have got capsules but quite large quantities.
I recall the syrup but not having the wind last time. Is it usually a one shot and it’s gone thing or does it build back up so it’s worth buying some to have at home in case.
I only had it in the hospital in the first couple of days and don’t remember needing it after that

Reactions: 1
Any smiles yet @raspberryjuice Baby W looks like she’s dying too but cos she was early it’ll probs be a while off !
We have smiles. We’ve had them for about a week and they’re so cute! I wish we could share pics without being outing 😭 Hope Baby W shows off her smile soon too 🥰

Since the day Baby R was born I’ve always rubbed noses with him like Eskimo kisses and for the past 2 days he’s shuffled himself to my shoulder then started whacking my head with his hand so I turn to him and like stared at me til I rub noses with him and then he smiles 🥰 he probably has no idea what he’s actually doing and it’s probably not intentional but it made me cry at the cuteness the first couple of times. Now I’m worrying we’ll both look like rudolph if he doesn’t stop doing it 🤣

Gals how do you decide on a pram?
I thought I’d found the one but I’m not so sure now :cry: the one I like is a bundle and expensive as it is, but the sales person said the car seat isn’t great so would recommend getting an alternative one. What do you doooo
Listen to the sales person on the car seat! We ended up buying another one when Baby R was about 2 weeks old because the one with our travel system was awful. Can you buy the pram separately without the car seat?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've just packed my hospital bag, I've been putting it off in case I jinxed myself and went into labour just from packing it 😂😂

No one else's bag is packed, just mine, but it's a start hahahaa

• Haha
  • Heart
We have smiles. We’ve had them for about a week and they’re so cute! I wish we could share pics without being outing 😭 Hope Baby W shows off her smile soon too 🥰

Since the day Baby R was born I’ve always rubbed noses with him like Eskimo kisses and for the past 2 days he’s shuffled himself to my shoulder then started whacking my head with his hand so I turn to him and like stared at me til I rub noses with him and then he smiles 🥰 he probably has no idea what he’s actually doing and it’s probably not intentional but it made me cry at the cuteness the first couple of times. Now I’m worrying we’ll both look like rudolph if he doesn’t stop doing it 🤣

Listen to the sales person on the car seat! We ended up buying another one when Baby R was about 2 weeks old because the one with our travel system was awful. Can you buy the pram separately without the car seat?
I think so - it was the icandy orange 4. But now I’ve seen its on voluntary recall. Give up already :(

• Sad
I think so - it was the icandy orange 4. But now I’ve seen its on voluntary recall. Give up already :(
Do you have a John Lewis or Mamas and Papas near you? Book an appointment with them and they'll go through everything with you, they'll give you advice, let you push different prams around the shop and help you to pick one that best fits your criteria. At John Lewis the sales lady asked me questions about the types of walks we'll be going on and the lengths of car journeys, and from there she recommended a brand I hadn't even heard of before, Nuna. We love it. And that was after I'd had my heart set on a Bugaboo. With these appointments you'll get a discount or money back in vouchers too if you spend so much

I lay Baby R down on my bed this morning while I was getting sorted and he rolled over on to his front wtf 😭 I know it’s easier on the bed because it’s a bit softer than the floor, but wtf 😭 he’s 5 weeks old ffs 😂

• Wow
  • Heart
Thought I'd save money and buy some maternity clothes on Vinted. Bought a couple of bundles and the two bits I was really looking forward to don't fit. Everything was cheap so I will just give it to charity but it's put me off a bit as at least with shop bought clothes you can return stuff.

• Sad
I keep getting random thoughts pop up like “I’ve forgotten how to hold a baby” or “I can’t remember how to use a car seat” 🙈
I mean I do and I know it all comes, but I’ll be brushing teeth then suddenly get a moment of panic about their belly button or something.

I packed babies bag and realised I’m lacking vests and sleepsuits but I don’t know what size to get. Next sleepsuits come up big right? My memory has gone to pot these last few weeks!

• Heart
I’ve found next come up big. Baby R is out of all his other up to 1m stuff but next still just about fit.

Also, don’t stress - you’ll be a pro 🥰

• Heart
I keep getting random thoughts pop up like “I’ve forgotten how to hold a baby” or “I can’t remember how to use a car seat” 🙈
I mean I do and I know it all comes, but I’ll be brushing teeth then suddenly get a moment of panic about their belly button or something.

I packed babies bag and realised I’m lacking vests and sleepsuits but I don’t know what size to get. Next sleepsuits come up big right? My memory has gone to pot these last few weeks!
I keep doing this too!
How do you dress a baby who doesn't understand when you say put your arms in 😂 will I break him???
Probs not but I wake up sweating thinking about it hahaha

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I keep doing this too!
How do you dress a baby who doesn't understand when you say put your arms in 😂 will I break him???
Probs not but I wake up sweating thinking about it hahaha
God the amount of times I’m looking at him holding a limb going “Bend….bend…..bend…..” 😭

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.