Pregnancy Off Topic Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just sneezed & wee’d myself in Selfridges
---
In all seriousness I’m gonna probs become more of a silent reader given how today went. I’m not fussed on what actually happened but it’s clear some people read this thread to not be supportive so I don’t really fancy posting about my life anymore. So baby is all good I don’t want anyone to think it’s about something going wrong in the pregnancy if I don’t post anymore!

I hope they’re happy knowing they caused upset to a pregnant person ☺
It’s a shame they’ve made you feel this way. It’s a shame people read things that people open up about on a support thread and go out of their way to accuse them of lying and basically stalking you. It’s tit you’ve been made to feel uncomfortable, I hope you feel comfortable enough to come back. No one should be made to feel tit about opening up about things x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It’s a shame they’ve made you feel this way. It’s a shame people read things that people open up about on a support thread and go out of their way to accuse them of lying and basically stalking you. It’s tit you’ve been made to feel uncomfortable, I hope you feel comfortable enough to come back. No one should be made to feel tit about opening up about things x
They commented on one of my pictures, which notified my boyfriend as it was a shared post… bringing up the other baby. Luckily I’d literally already told him what happened. But that in itself is also so malicious lol. He didn’t care that I’d told the story in the thread he gets why I’m on the thread. It’s just mad.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
They commented on one of my pictures, which notified my boyfriend as it was a shared post… bringing up the other baby. Luckily I’d literally already told him what happened. But that in itself is also so malicious lol.
That’s actually psycotic

Reactions: 5
They commented on one of my pictures, which notified my boyfriend as it was a shared post… bringing up the other baby. Luckily I’d literally already told him what happened. But that in itself is also so malicious lol. He didn’t care that I’d told the story in the thread he gets why I’m on the thread. It’s just mad.
No that's fully tapped I thought it was the messages not comments too! Genuinely whoever did that proper needs to look at themselves cos I don't think a soul on this thread agrees with them

Reactions: 3
All, this thread is generating a few reports.

Anyone trolling will no doubt be delighted that you've posted to announce your not posting, that's why it said to not announce your departure and to ignore trolls as it'll only encourage them giving a reaction.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
We don’t need that negativity here! This should be a place people feel they can freely seek help/advice. God people are so strange.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ok.. moving on from weirdos with too much time on their hands! I’m feeling baby kick a lot in the morning and evenings now. At our scan this week it showed she’s also still lying transverse with head on my right hand side. Apparently she’s a very relaxed baby! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m the most nauseous I’ve been since first trimester and the baby couldn’t be moving more. I swear they haven’t stopped all day 🤢

• Sad
I've been really struggling the last few days with lower back pain it's been really hard to move very much. My partner is keen on me ringing MAU just for advice because I've been having braxton hicks too which I didn't have with my son but the one and only time I rang MAU with my first I came home the next day with my baby so I've got such bad anxiety about ringing them 😭

I know that sounds dead childish but I'm just so scared haha

• Heart
I've been really struggling the last few days with lower back pain it's been really hard to move very much. My partner is keen on me ringing MAU just for advice because I've been having braxton hicks too which I didn't have with my son but the one and only time I rang MAU with my first I came home the next day with my baby so I've got such bad anxiety about ringing them 😭

I know that sounds dead childish but I'm just so scared haha
It’s scary isn’t it so close to the end! You feel like every little thing means baby is on the way! The back pain could simply just be down to how big baby is and the pressure on your down below but if you need reassurance definitely ring them 🤍

• Heart
If anything it’s a gentle reminder to be really careful on what you post if you don’t want someone to find you I didn’t even really think you’d be able to get as far as they did off me sharing a bargain I got on Vinted 😂. It only had the seller’s name, not mine.

Thank you everyone. It’s a shame one has to ruin it for all, as 99% of this thread has been really supportive and made a huge difference to my pregnancy

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Also does such a list exist that compares the sizes (in lb) for baby clothes. Ie some newborns are 7lb but some may be bigger or smaller. If not I’m going to make one- I need some more clothes for baby but I feel they may be too big for some newborn based on my guessing from growth chart !

Reactions: 3
If anything it’s a gentle reminder to be really careful on what you post if you don’t want someone to find you I didn’t even really think you’d be able to get as far as they did off me sharing a bargain I got on Vinted 😂. It only had the seller’s name, not mine.

Thank you everyone. It’s a shame one has to ruin it for all, as 99% of this thread has been really supportive and made a huge difference to my pregnancy
I completely missed whatever happened but I hope you’re okay! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It’s scary isn’t it so close to the end! You feel like every little thing means baby is on the way! The back pain could simply just be down to how big baby is and the pressure on your down below but if you need reassurance definitely ring them 🤍
I'm gonna see how I get on tomorrow and then take it from there, we've had a stressful few days with my nans funeral and that so hoping relaxing properly tonight and tomorrow will ease everything
I didn't realise how different pregnancies can be! Especially from having a breech baby to a baby who is head down, everything just feels SO different haha

• Heart

What the actual hell. I'm just catching up now and I can't believe what I'm reading. I'm so sorry someone has made you feel so uncomfortable. And very strange someone has gone to the lengths that they have to find you and do that. I really hope you're okay and feel like you can go back to posting whatever the hell you want when you're ready x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh wow! You’re a pro 😊
I bought all new with my first & thought I was one and done & gave it all away, now with second I’m determined not to spend the mad money I did first time round.
Obviously like everyone else I give everything a good wash, etc.
Dettol spray and laundry cleanser if it can’t be hot wash! I was going to follow up actually and say if you buy all new, you can be the first to use it then sell it on and still spend less which is totally preferable for some people so I’m not saying I’m doing it ‘right’, just there’s no shame in it. I just prefer the smaller outlay in the first place and less hassle of having to sell/worrying about keeping it looking good. I’m hoping I can sell the bouncer and get money back so it’ll have cost me the same to own as a cheaper bouncer. If that makes sense at all. Just watch baby poonami all over it on first use now 😂
My cousin got the Totter and tumble mat for £120. In the meantime they went up to £150/160 so she managed to sell hers for £100. She paid less to own it from new than the person second hand paid!

Babies grow out of stuff so quick or don’t take to things, you can get so much barely used. Now LO is older pretty much everything but toys we’re buying new. Got some great toy bundles on FB market place they use all the time, but it’s especially good when they’re desperate for something then never look at it again. Got a buggy board for £5 to see if they’ll actually use it before I spend £50.

Facebook local free pages are good too. We got a cosy coupe which was a bit faded but it’s only faded more in our garden and it’s a massive bit of plastic reused. Worth bearing in mind.

@Laughalong Im proper shocked at that, sorry it happened to you, such bizarre behaviour! Don’t let one weirdo cut you off 🤍

• Heart
@Laughalong sending you love and hoping it doesn’t put you off posting ❤

Like you say there’s like 10 of us on this thread who have gone through this together even though we’re all at different stages. And it won’t be long until all of us who’ve started using this thread will have had our babies and we can continue sharing advice and stories and supporting each other as they grow. Don’t let one bad apple ruin that for you ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.