Pregnancy Off Topic #2 Changing lives one Rapid Cool at a time

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think you're a weirdo at all for that preference especially if it is more local. Be aware though I don't think you'd be allowed an epidural if it's midwife only led, but you'd have to check with them just in case they're different to my hospital.
I wonder if my hospital is one of your options 😅
Yeah epidural is main hospital only I think. But I really don’t want one anyway.

I’m going to say we don’t have the same hospital as I’m actually Lancashire based now! I just keep driving all the way back to Manc for TC visits 😂. We used to be way closer in location, I was raised in Stockport!

Yeah epidural is main hospital only I think. But I really don’t want one anyway.

I’m going to say we don’t have the same hospital as I’m actually Lancashire based now! I just keep driving all the way back to Manc for TC visits 😂. We used to be way closer in location, I was raised in Stockport!
Ah fair enough, jeez Mr L is a patient man if he goes with you to the TC, Mr B acts like the world is ending if I ask him to go and we're really local 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I find it so strange how all trusts do things differently, why can’t they just be the same 😂 I had a blue folder which I had to take to all midwife/consultant/scan appointments and then when I got there they’d have their own yellow folder they filled out as well as my blue one! We never had any of the online stuff.
Now he’s in hospital they have a white folder they fill out for him and I’ll use his red book when he’s home! Too many folders and books 😂

Reactions: 3
I find it so strange how all trusts do things differently, why can’t they just be the same 😂 I had a blue folder which I had to take to all midwife/consultant/scan appointments and then when I got there they’d have their own yellow folder they filled out as well as my blue one! We never had any of the online stuff.
Now he’s in hospital they have a white folder they fill out for him and I’ll use his red book when he’s home! Too many folders and books 😂
I have the exact same just a purple folder!

I'm in the office today and I've just got up to go and use the loo. Immediately forgot why I'd stood up and plodded into the busy office kitchen and started searching through the fridge wondering what there is to eat, somehow forgetting that not only am I not at home and it's not my own fridge, but I literally never put anything in that fridge anyway.
Please tell me baby/pregnancy brain gets better?! 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sorry @Brewtime87 but I don’t feel like my baby brain has disappeared at all since having the baby, I’m thick as tit nowadays 😂 I was searching for vegetable oil on Sunday, I’d only had some delivered on Saturday in the food shop and for some reason I’d put it in the fridge

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm in the office today and I've just got up to go and use the loo. Immediately forgot why I'd stood up and plodded into the busy office kitchen and started searching through the fridge wondering what there is to eat, somehow forgetting that not only am I not at home and it's not my own fridge, but I literally never put anything in that fridge anyway.
Please tell me baby/pregnancy brain gets better?! 🙃
I took my keys out of my bag when I had meant to take out my AirPods. Took me too long to realize I was putting my key in my ear.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I convinced myself there was a mouse or something shuffling around in my bedroom last night because I forgot I had a baby in the next to me?! Baby brain goes nowhere 😂

• Haha
Having an internal dilemma re. place of birth. There’s two options but I don’t know if I’m swaying for the wrong reasons

Option 1: Hospital 20-25 minutes drive from me. Has a birth centre that I’d choose but because it’s got the actual normal delivery ward upstairs you have a lot more availability if something goes wrong (emergency c-section, doctors, medical equipment) and of course you’re in an actual hospital. You do have to go on the motorway to get there though, and at times it’s taken us more like 30-35 minutes.

Option 2: Birth centre more like 15-20 minutes away, no motorway so that’s more likely to be closer always. Midwife led only. The bonus is it’s WAY nicer inside lol. I think you’re more likely to get your own room throughout, it’s super modern and I think you even get a double bed with proper bed linen lol. The negative is if something did need escalating, they’d have to ambulance you to the option 1 hospital, which would be another 25 minute drive.

Am I genuinely a weirdo for wanting option 2 based on better surroundings? It might be that 2 isn’t even available to me because of my low BMI but I just feel like my comforts are my priority. My boyfriend doesn’t like 2. He feels like my health is more important and the journey could be scary, but I’d like to hope I wouldn’t need it.
Tone difference is negligible because you won’t know what time of day it’ll be, plus the combined transfer time if needed. I’d go for the first one (same set up as my hospital) because I’d be scared of something going wrong but other women will confidently have a home birth.
These are a random month’s stats from my hospital. They’re always around the same, 1/5 chance of an EMCS so if I were going for midwife led I’d want to know the protocol for if further assistance is needed, when they arrange the transfer, what the criteria would be etc. What pain relief can they offer, what if you change your mind and want the epidural, will they transfer you etc.
IMG_5322.jpeg

Comfort is important for your oxytocin but personally I’d take an epidural in a bed sit over a feather topped double with post labour champagne breakfast 😂😂 it’s all preference, you can judge your own pain threshold in general, but unfortunatly you can’t know until you get to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Tone difference is negligible because you won’t know what time of day it’ll be, plus the combined transfer time if needed. I’d go for the first one (same set up as my hospital) because I’d be scared of something going wrong but other women will confidently have a home birth.
These are a random month’s stats from my hospital. They’re always around the same, 1/5 chance of an EMCS so if I were going for midwife led I’d want to know the protocol for if further assistance is needed, when they arrange the transfer, what the criteria would be etc. What pain relief can they offer, what if you change your mind and want the epidural, will they transfer you etc.
View attachment 3019910

Comfort is important for your oxytocin but personally I’d take an epidural in a bed sit over a feather topped double with post labour champagne breakfast 😂😂 it’s all preference, you can judge your own pain threshold in general, but unfortunatly you can’t know until you get to it.
This is exactly how I needed it re-spelling it out to me 😂 I’ve seen a double bed and got giddy. I know in my heart there’s only one option and it’s option 1. I have no pain threshold, of course I need to be in the place that has everything available.

The birth suite at the hospital is still nice, the second one was just a tad more.

Littlepup, your logic prevails again. Sometimes I just need telling straight. OH is scared to, he just goes “it’s up to you at the end of the day…” lol. Thank you 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Having an internal dilemma re. place of birth. There’s two options but I don’t know if I’m swaying for the wrong reasons

Option 1: Hospital 20-25 minutes drive from me. Has a birth centre that I’d choose but because it’s got the actual normal delivery ward upstairs you have a lot more availability if something goes wrong (emergency c-section, doctors, medical equipment) and of course you’re in an actual hospital. You do have to go on the motorway to get there though, and at times it’s taken us more like 30-35 minutes.

Option 2: Birth centre more like 15-20 minutes away, no motorway so that’s more likely to be closer always. Midwife led only. The bonus is it’s WAY nicer inside lol. I think you’re more likely to get your own room throughout, it’s super modern and I think you even get a double bed with proper bed linen lol. The negative is if something did need escalating, they’d have to ambulance you to the option 1 hospital, which would be another 25 minute drive.

Am I genuinely a weirdo for wanting option 2 based on better surroundings? It might be that 2 isn’t even available to me because of my low BMI but I just feel like my comforts are my priority. My boyfriend doesn’t like 2. He feels like my health is more important and the journey could be scary, but I’d like to hope I wouldn’t need it.
I have exactly the same options as you but I’m not in the same area. I’ve opted for choice one just because of the fear of needing to be in hospital. Around me sometimes the MLUs have to close due to staffing etc too. There are also limitations on induction and if you need too much support to get labour started you can’t give birth in the MLU anyway. I decided I’d just rather be at the hospital for peace of mind!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@littlepup I feel like you should be a doula or an independent midwife or something. You’re so good at advice and supporting women in a non-biased way with stats or guidance that also back it up without being biased or just blindly following what the nhs say. I’d have love to have someone like you supporting me through pregnancy (I mean, you did on here - but most women don’t have the tattle pregnancy threads for advice!)

• Heart
@littlepup I feel like you should be a doula or an independent midwife or something. You’re so good at advice and supporting women in a non-biased way with stats or guidance that also back it up without being biased or just blindly following what the nhs say. I’d have love to have someone like you supporting me through pregnancy (I mean, you did on here - but most women don’t have the tattle pregnancy threads for advice!)
🥹 that’s so kind.
I often feel like I’m being know it all or preachy but figure anyone can ignore me. I had a crappy pregnancy first time and it really affected me so if I can say something that can help I at least try.
I feel like because the NHS can give you the info but not advise as such, you just end up with info overload and nothing to help arrange your thoughts.

@Laughalong obviously there’re other factors that could predict your chance of EMCS so it’s not just 20-25%, like I had a breech turned which put my chances way up, so you could always decide nearer the time when you have all the info.
Plenty of women cope just fine, I probably am biased. I ended up with induction and EMCS first time and when it was touch and go this time if I’d get the spinal in time or have to do it naturally without, I’d have sold my soul to the devil for the anesthetic 🙈😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Baby brain absolutely doesn't get better, mine is getting worse. I couldn't find my phone, it was in my hand. I couldn't find my sunglasses, they were on my head. I went in the loo, forgot why I went in there, cleaned it, went back to doing something else and then nearly wet myself. Oh, and my favourite, I keep getting words mixed up. I was talking about a couple to my sibling and called them Kete and Pirsty instead of Pete and Kirsty 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
i’m another with the tit baby brain -

I put my 4 year old in the bath with his socks on this morning

I had just washed and blow dried my hair and pressed the button for the shower instead of the bath and the shower hose sprayed my freshly dried hair

I picked up the whole milk to make a bottle 😬 Luckily I realised quick 😂

Went to do the dishes before and there was a yoghurt in there and when I opened the fridge there was a spoon in there

• Haha
Reactions: 6