Pregnancy Off Topic #2 Changing lives one Rapid Cool at a time

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So glad it went well @George01 ! 💙

- - - -

how is everyone coping in the heat?
Compared to Rhodes last week I'm loving it 🤣
My ankles are still missing though. Might have to start sticking up 'missing' posters on local lampposts, a reward in the form of half eaten bags of munchies and haribo goldbears will be offered 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My maternity notes - I’ve spent the day worrying I’m a T36 on some kind of mental health scale, googling it etc and now I’m realising it’s my bloody temperature and it just didn’t fit in the above box. But, it was the hand written comments about seeing E3 for maternal comments made me think it was referring to box 3 down, but it means day 3 above right?
My Brain isnt functioning today, I go into overdrive with stuff like this too. Can someone tell me, does that look like my temperature or some kind of mental health code?!
IMG_5242.jpeg
IMG_5244.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My maternity notes - I’ve spent the day worrying I’m a T36 on some kind of mental health scale, googling it etc and now I’m realising it’s my bloody temperature and it just didn’t fit in the above box. But, it was the hand written comments about seeing E3 for maternal comments made me think it was referring to box 3 down, but it means day 3 above right?
My Brain isnt functioning today, I go into overdrive with stuff like this too. Can someone tell me, does that look like my temperature or some kind of mental health code?!
It looks like T36 for temperature with a tick underneath for the wellbeing box. Looks like the next bit says see GP re maternal comments.
---
moist 😭😭😂😂 What a choice of words
😁 It's the most appropriate word for the situation 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
It looks like T36 for temperature with a tick underneath for the wellbeing box. Looks like the next bit says see GP re maternal comments.
---
Thank you.
I saw the MH box and didn’t even look at the box above to realise until wayyyyyyy later once I’d worked myself up. She’d booked an extra home visit, she said for more feeding support and because I’d had some uncontrollable shivering a few times but she spent ages typing on her laptop so I panicked she had MH concerns and saw something I didn’t, she’s very hot on that aspect. I’m paranoid after last time as in hindsight I wasn’t 100% ok 😥
I’ll stop reading my notes now 🙈

• Heart
I’ve not even read my notes after giving birth! Are they just in the yellow folder? (Mine was yellow don’t know about anyone else lol)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’ve not even read my notes after giving birth! Are they just in the yellow folder? (Mine was yellow don’t know about anyone else lol)
That's them. It's all very clinical, lots meant nothing to me but valuable for aftercare.
They didn't mention it in hospital, they said it was ok, but after reading them the midwife said my blood loss was enough to make me have dizzy spells for a few days for instance.

• Heart
wow you get your notes? We just get a discharge sheet with a breakdown of what happened during labour. If you want to see your record you have to apply through freedom of information.

• Wow
Interesting I didn’t really think ahead that anything like notes existed!

Massage was life changing today. Feeling like a new woman. Shame I feel like it’ll last about a day 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I didn't get my notes and the only thing I got was a form with baby's details to go in his red book. My notes for wee man didn't even include my appointment notes either. When I had the threenager they were typed up, printed and added to the folder. For wee man that didn't happen. Only had blood test and scan results.

Ours take out all the pre-natal stuff so I asked if I could see them again before they did that. I just wanted to look at the scan reports for this alleged 10lb predicted baby 😂 no real reason. They forgot but said I could get them through applying so it’s just the post natal stuff with a breakdown of the labour/delivery. So what pain relief, length of labour, how placenta was delivered, blood loss, APGAR scores etc

Reactions: 2
They took all my notes away and I just have the online ones I can log in to now. We were also just discharged with a print out about Baby R in the red book (one of his red books, for some reason we’ve got 2?) and a pile of leaflets. Nothing about me, the birth, post natal info etc. I’ve requested all my maternity notes anyway though.

They took all my notes away and I just have the online ones I can log in to now. We were also just discharged with a print out about Baby R in the red book (one of his red books, for some reason we’ve got 2?) and a pile of leaflets. Nothing about me, the birth, post natal info etc. I’ve requested all my maternity notes anyway though.
That’s weird I wonder why you have 2! Have you had your development check & Mum’s post natal check at the doctors yet? Ours is tomorrow!

The HV sent us one in the post which we took to hospital with us as instructed and they wrote in that for birth info but the nurse doing the assessment of him had a different red book and she filled in the front page of it and then put the printed report in. We just moved the printed report in to the book with the birth info and left the other in the hospital when we left (semi accidentally) and they posted it out to us. So now we have 2 😂

Ours is tomorrow too! What happens at it?! I’m assuming they’ll weigh my little elephant? 😅

• Heart
The HV sent us one in the post which we took to hospital with us as instructed and they wrote in that for birth info but the nurse doing the assessment of him had a different red book and she filled in the front page of it and then put the printed report in. We just moved the printed report in to the book with the birth info and left the other in the hospital when we left (semi accidentally) and they posted it out to us. So now we have 2 😂

Ours is tomorrow too! What happens at it?! I’m assuming they’ll weigh my little elephant? 😅
I genuinely can’t remember 😅 I’m hoping they weigh them because I want to see if the baby is finally over 8lb so we can use the sleeping bags 🤣

• Heart
Did your HVs visit your house before you gave birth, I saw today I should expect that?

I just googled apparently it’s a full weight, length and head measurement again and a repeat of the check they do of eyes, hips etc they do in hospital. I wonder how much baby R has put on since his last weigh in 2 weeks ago 😅 he’s really grown a lot the past couple of weeks and some of his 0-3m sleepsuits are getting a bit snug so I reckon we’ll be over 12lb now!

Can’t wait for the contraception chat for the 900th time 🙃
---
Did your HVs visit your house before you gave birth, I saw today I should expect that?
Mine sent a letter saying they’d text when I was home from hospital and didn’t visit before. And they did indeed text the Monday after I got home, with x’s on the end and everything which threw me a bit because I’d imagined the HV as some stern old lady who was going to visit and tell me I was doing it all wrong 😂 instead she was about 10 years younger than me and lovely!

I just googled apparently it’s a full weight, length and head measurement again and a repeat of the check they do of eyes, hips etc they do in hospital. I wonder how much baby R has put on since his last weigh in 2 weeks ago 😅 he’s really grown a lot the past couple of weeks and some of his 0-3m sleepsuits are getting a bit snug so I reckon we’ll be over 12lb now!

Can’t wait for the contraception chat for the 900th time 🙃
---

Mine sent a letter saying they’d text when I was home from hospital and didn’t visit before. And they did indeed text the Monday after I got home, with x’s on the end and everything which threw me a bit because I’d imagined the HV as some stern old lady who was going to visit and tell me I was doing it all wrong 😂 instead she was about 10 years younger than me and lovely!
I’ve heard so many horror stories, being judged for not BF etc. makes me ever so slightly nervous but I’m sure it won’t be the case!

I’ve heard so many horror stories, being judged for not BF etc. makes me ever so slightly nervous but I’m sure it won’t be the case!
I’ve had 2 different health visitors each time with my kids. First one slightly judged me for not breast feeding, I knew from the get go I didn’t want to but I tried in the hospital and straight away didn’t like it and I said that to her and she accepted it and was fine, not mentioned again! The one I have now - not bothered at all, she asked me if I plan to, I said no and her response was ‘sound’ 🤣

• Haha