Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gahhh I think I accidentally found out the sex of our baby 🙈🙈

We aren't planning to find out. I had a private scan today (15 weeks) because I'm a neurotic mess 😅 but anyway, the lady asked if we're going to find out so I said no and she told me to look away while she measured the femur length from underneath, so obviously had a clear bum and bits view.

But in the photos that were sent to my phone, she's included that image 😭🙈 there's not really any other explanation for certain parts are there ⚽🍆⚽🤣

I'm not mad, it also fits my very strong prediction anyway haha but maaaaan! I don't know whether to tell my partner 🤔 I don't think I will, cos I could still be wrong I guess! 🤣
Same thing happened to my partner and I, we went for the scan, we were unsure if we wanted to know and low and behold, baby boy was an exhibitionist to say the least 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 7
For anyone that hasn’t got a haakaa, I HIGHLY recommend them, but I’ve just found the Aldi equivalent for £4.99, bargain!!
37C831D8-1DAA-4ACC-9901-626959B6F545.jpeg

Reactions: 9
I was actually able to eat something other than Crackers today for lunch woooo. First time in weeks...let's hope it stays down 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Gahhh I think I accidentally found out the sex of our baby 🙈🙈

We aren't planning to find out. I had a private scan today (15 weeks) because I'm a neurotic mess 😅 but anyway, the lady asked if we're going to find out so I said no and she told me to look away while she measured the femur length from underneath, so obviously had a clear bum and bits view.

But in the photos that were sent to my phone, she's included that image 😭🙈 there's not really any other explanation for certain parts are there ⚽🍆⚽🤣

I'm not mad, it also fits my very strong prediction anyway haha but maaaaan! I don't know whether to tell my partner 🤔 I don't think I will, cos I could still be wrong I guess! 🤣
Oh no 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I have 2 scans next week. One is a private NT scan, totally stupid quest but do you think that they could tell me the gender then? 😭

I've found a new cure for the nausea (so far mints and toast are my only saviours) - Tangfastics! I read that sour sweets can help settle your tummy and honestly the relief they've given me this afternoon - I could cry!

Reactions: 9
I've found a new cure for the nausea (so far mints and toast are my only saviours) - Tangfastics! I read that sour sweets can help settle your tummy and honestly the relief they've given me this afternoon - I could cry!
Yes fizzy sweets were my saviour. Tesco fizzy strawberry laces 👌🏻 Fizzy strawberries from the garage £1 sweet section 👌🏻 Couldn’t have done the 9 months without! Fizzy drinks worked for me too, lemon Fanta was the key this time (last time it was sprite) in case you haven’t tried that!

Reactions: 2
Yes!! I noticed this too..Fizzy cola bottles. Isn't it strange 😂😂

Reactions: 1
I’ve finally got my booking in appt - I’ll be 10+2 when it happens start of June. Seems a lifetime away!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So I'm still having backache and cramps and the midwife has told me at my check up to just keep bouncing on the ball and relax as much as possible! I've been booked in for a stretch and sweep next week if nothing changes before then, anyone have any tips or advice as it'll be my first experience of one? I mean I'm not expecting it to be a lovely time 🤣

Reactions: 4
we haven’t told any of our family yet and tbh I’m enjoying keeping it secret but we’re nearly 14 weeks now and my partner thinks it’s time to announce 🤣. I don’t have a good relationship with my own mother so I think it stems down to that as I know I’ll have to tell her, but probably won’t get a good reaction. But I hate attention and I just know that when my partner tells his mum she’ll be wanting to visit as soon as she can and messaging daily for updates and I ain’t about that. I’m also nearly 26 and telling people seems so scary like WHY 🤣

Reactions: 6
we haven’t told any of our family yet and tbh I’m enjoying keeping it secret but we’re nearly 14 weeks now and my partner thinks it’s time to announce 🤣. I don’t have a good relationship with my own mother so I think it stems down to that as I know I’ll have to tell her, but probably won’t get a good reaction. But I hate attention and I just know that when my partner tells his mum she’ll be wanting to visit as soon as she can and messaging daily for updates and I ain’t about that. I’m also nearly 26 and telling people seems so scary like WHY 🤣
Ahh I felt like a 15 year old telling my dad on the weekend! I also wasn’t expecting a wonderful reaction but he actually surprised me. Perhaps you could think of a way to tell your Mum at a distance so that if she doesn’t initially react that well then at least you don’t need to be faced with it - maybe send her a scan pic or a photo of a babygrow with a message and leave her to come up with a response. I know personally I’d find it easier to roll my eyes and move on from a crap text than a crap in-person reaction. With MIL maybe you can play on covid for a bit and tell her that although you can’t wait for a visit 🤥 you’re being extra careful at the minute etc. Maybe make a plan to go shopping in the summer or something to hold her off a bit. It’s quite overwhelming when you announce to people, mainly in a nice way. It reminds me of getting engaged though and all anybody talks to you about for seemingly months is wedding plans as if you’ve ceased to exist outside of this new future role. Try and enjoy the moments of telling people who will be supporters and not stress you out and it’ll hopefully balance out the annoyance you might find with others.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Been trying to get a hold of my midwife since Monday when I had a missed call off an NHS number. Left several messages and promised that she will call me back...nearly 4 days later still nothing 🙄🙄 absolutely infuriating. Does anyone know if the gp will have access to the urine test results that were done in the hospital on Saturday or is that a totally diff system?

Been trying to get a hold of my midwife since Monday when I had a missed call off an NHS number. Left several messages and promised that she will call me back...nearly 4 days later still nothing 🙄🙄 absolutely infuriating. Does anyone know if the gp will have access to the urine test results that were done in the hospital on Saturday or is that a totally diff system?
It is a different system in my experience because my gp can’t see my notes when I asked them to check something xx

Oh no 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I have 2 scans next week. One is a private NT scan, totally stupid quest but do you think that they could tell me the gender then? 😭
I have a private scan tonight to hopefully find the gender out, they said the earliest I could get it was if I was 16 weeks o_O

Ahh I felt like a 15 year old telling my dad on the weekend! I also wasn’t expecting a wonderful reaction but he actually surprised me. Perhaps you could think of a way to tell your Mum at a distance so that if she doesn’t initially react that well then at least you don’t need to be faced with it - maybe send her a scan pic or a photo of a babygrow with a message and leave her to come up with a response. I know personally I’d find it easier to roll my eyes and move on from a crap text than a crap in-person reaction. With MIL maybe you can play on covid for a bit and tell her that although you can’t wait for a visit 🤥 you’re being extra careful at the minute etc. Maybe make a plan to go shopping in the summer or something to hold her off a bit. It’s quite overwhelming when you announce to people, mainly in a nice way. It reminds me of getting engaged though and all anybody talks to you about for seemingly months is wedding plans as if you’ve ceased to exist outside of this new future role. Try and enjoy the moments of telling people who will be supporters and not stress you out and it’ll hopefully balance out the annoyance you might find with others.
I’m glad your dads reaction surprised you. I know my dad will be happy but my mother is difficult to say the least.: I like the ideas you suggested but tbh they’d not be good enough for her. She’d find a problem whether we did it in person or like that. She’s a very narcissistic person but that’s for another thread. I’m actually so scared to tell her it gives me anxiety even just thinking about it. my mil on the other hand lives at the top of Scotland and we’re in the Midlands. She lives alone so uses us as her “bubble” when restrictions allow. She’ll be happy.. but she can be suffocating at times. For example, we’re in the process of purchasing our first home.. she texts and calls my partner daily for an update on the process. 😬 which is why I want to hold back a while as I’m not sure I’m ready to deal with that just yet 🤣 we’re hoping to tell her in person which gives us a bit of time as she often comes down to stay regularly (well she did before COVID). Super excited to tell my own gran though, she asks me everytime she calls if we’re still trying.. but her and my mother don’t get along and she’d be like a proud Great granny telling everyone but I know it would cause problems within the family if she knows before my mother. Which is a shame because I’d love her support at the minute but I know she can’t keep secrets 🤣Ah sorry for the rant. My family annoy me 😫

Reactions: 1
So I'm still having backache and cramps and the midwife has told me at my check up to just keep bouncing on the ball and relax as much as possible! I've been booked in for a stretch and sweep next week if nothing changes before then, anyone have any tips or advice as it'll be my first experience of one? I mean I'm not expecting it to be a lovely time 🤣
I've had quite a few stretch and sweeps now 😂 some people say they're painful but I've never found them to be.
Sure it's uncomfortable but that's it.
It's usually over in less than a minute though 😊

I've had quite a few stretch and sweeps now 😂 some people say they're painful but I've never found them to be.
Sure it's uncomfortable but that's it.
It's usually over in less than a minute though 😊
Can't be any worse than pushing a head out your vag can it haha 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.