Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still no baby here! Must be braxton hicks x
Same with me! Still lots of period cramp like pains and back pain but nothing has changed. How are you feeling x

Hello ladies! My little Dot arrived on Monday at 23:09 weighing 8lb 5oz!

The induction was completely fine!! In the end I didn’t need the gel I was already dilated so they just broke my waters and she came 11 hours later after about 3 hours of active labour and 2 pushes 😂😂 it was a surprise when she popped out for sure! It’s so true what they say about 2nd babies 😂
Awww congrats!! Xx

Reactions: 1

The induction was completely fine!! In the end I didn’t need the gel I was already dilated so they just broke my waters and she came 11 hours later after about 3 hours of active labour and 2 pushes 😂😂 it was a surprise when she popped out for sure! It’s so true what they say about 2nd babies 😂
Congratulations. Thrilled for you. Enjoy the newborn bubble xx

Quick Q for anyone who can help... can I eat cooked packaged chicken? I fancy a chicken sandwich at lunch but only option will be buying cooked chicken from supermarket as I am in work and can't cook it myself?

Reactions: 2
My second baby was 11lb at birth 😂 although in scans they measured her as small 😂
This time, my daughter was estimated 4lb 1 at 32 weeks, 5lb 2 at 34 weeks and then estimated 7lb 2 at 37 weeks.
She was born over her due date at just under 7lb😂
That’s a weight to be proud of 😂🙌🏼 Did you have a normal delivery with your second? I have hoped for a home birth but feel I may go to hospital to be on the safe side. They don’t want me to get to 40 weeks but I’ve definitely taken their estimates with a pinch of salt as like you where told - it can all be very wrong 😅

Reactions: 2
Quick Q for anyone who can help... can I eat cooked packaged chicken? I fancy a chicken sandwich at lunch but only option will be buying cooked chicken from supermarket as I am in work and can't cook it myself?
Yes you definitely can. Pretty much any packaged meat is fine

That’s a weight to be proud of 😂🙌🏼 Did you have a normal delivery with your second? I have hoped for a home birth but feel I may go to hospital to be on the safe side. They don’t want me to get to 40 weeks but I’ve definitely taken their estimates with a pinch of salt as like you where told - it can all be very wrong 😅
I did.
3rd degree tear though 😂 that was more down to the birth rather than her weight though

Yes you definitely can. Pretty much any packaged meat is fine

I did.
3rd degree tear though 😂 that was more down to the birth rather than her weight though
Oh golly bless you 🙏🏼I better get on that perineal massage ASAP then 😂😭

What do you mean by your scan pic reading wrong?
Does it have the date you gave them on it and then they changed it when they scanned you?
It’s only minor but I gave them my date based on my scan at 6w but they also asked for last period so my prints say 14w2d and I’m only 12w4 by her measurements (12w2 based on my 6w scan). I guess it doesn’t matter I’m just a bit ocd and hope it doesn’t cause any issues if other medical people need to review it later on.

Congratulations! Nice to hear a positive induction story! Enjoy the newborn cuddles!❤

Was meant to have a telephone consultation with my obstetrician at 11. I'm desperate for a wee now, you just know the phone will ring as I start going 🤣

Congratulations!!! ❤

Quick question for anyone who’s already had babies...I keep looking at “influencer” mums complaining about how hard the newborn stage is, how they don’t have time to shower or eat, how awful it all is and it’s starting to freak me out a bit. I’m expecting it to be hard but is it really that bad?! I’m so excited and now after seeing some posts online I’m just a bit scared - don’t know whether I’m being a bit naive about how hard it really is or whether it’s just a race to the bottom for them of who had it the toughest for social media engagement. Think I’m just having an anxious day!

Reactions: 7
Quick question for anyone who’s already had babies...I keep looking at “influencer” mums complaining about how hard the newborn stage is, how they don’t have time to shower or eat, how awful it all is and it’s starting to freak me out a bit. I’m expecting it to be hard but is it really that bad?! I’m so excited and now after seeing some posts online I’m just a bit scared - don’t know whether I’m being a bit naive about how hard it really is or whether it’s just a race to the bottom for them of who had it the toughest for social media engagement. Think I’m just having an anxious day!
Worried about this too! And also so worried that my parrot (who is used to being with me all the time just about) is going to end up sad because I won't be able to spend all my time with him (if it is the way influencers make it out to be)

Reactions: 5
I feel the exact same! I will advise you to stay away from Kate lawlers page because it frightened the life out of me! Fortunately I was told that she’s just a massive drama queen

Reactions: 11
Don't get me wrong some days are bloody hard, however, you'll find little things that will work for you I found it easier to have a shower when my son was a newborn as you can put them in a bouncy chair in the bathroom so you can see them, take them into different rooms with you plus they sleep ALOT!! So just find a little routine that works for you, first couple of days/weeks might be hard but you'll find your way through it. Trust me easier than the toddler stage when your trying to stop them from killing themselves every 2 minutes no matter how baby proof your house is 😂 don't listen to these social media Influencers alot of them just want a pity party. You'll smash it ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's probably different for everyone but most definitely once you find your feet and have some sort of a routine going it is much easier
Looking back when my boy was little and I was on maternity leave there were days when he would be sleeping and i would be lying up on the sofa eating biscuits and watching TV.
I found it hard before I had got my own little routine but once I got to know my boy and his little habits it made it much easier.
I feel like i have less time to myself now that he's 4...he's forever wanting me to play football 😂😂😂

Reactions: 4
Honestly as a first time mum it was a massive shock but it can depend on a lot of things, and it definitely helps to get into a little routine and it gets easier as you get to know your baby. I mentioned in a previous thread I was a bit naive about how constant breastfeeding is for example at first, but that also improves when you get the hang of it more! This time I plan on using a wrap/sling right away so I’ll at least have my hands free 😂 and the most important thing is, that stage does end (even though it feels like it won’t!)

Reactions: 3
I feel the exact same! I will advise you to stay away from Kate lawlers page because it frightened the life out of me! Fortunately I was told that she’s just a massive drama queen
Glad it’s not just me! I’ve unfollowed her now because it was stressing me out too much!
Thanks everyone, it’s very reassuring ❤

Honestly, I know not all babies are the same but I’m trrrified of the toddler stage lol, newborns just sleep and eat mainly
Yes it is tiring and hard work but don’t let social media freak you out! Don’t give yourself too much to do, and more importantly, don’t worry! (Says she who Google’s almost everything 😂) I think getting out really helps, even if it’s for a quick walk .. it’s done my confidence the world of good.

Reactions: 5
She’s a nightmare, I watched her on celebrity bumps and she was a huuuge drama queen! Played up to the cameras so I think her insta is the same.

She’s a nightmare, I watched her on celebrity bumps and she was a huuuge drama queen! Played up to the cameras so I think her insta is the same.
It’s the shouting and the 4am martyr breastfeeding posts that kill me. Like just get on with it. That beautiful baby looks terrified when she’s shouting into her phone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.