Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have low Papp-a too. I got a call after my 12 week blood test and initially had a panic so I know how you feel ❤. I know it’s really really hard but try not to google it - there are some NHS leaflets around on the internet which are a good source of info without sounding too scary.

Have you been prescribed aspirin?
Sorry to hear you have it too. It’s such a scary thing to be told over the phone isn’t it with pretty much no more information and google is scary. Thanks for suggesting the nhs leaflets, I’ve read a few from a few different trusts and they’re worded a lot less scary than the articles I read. I’ve had a good old cry about it and I’m okay for now. It’s reassuring to hear how most babies are born a healthy weight with no complications. How many weeks are you now? What does the aspirin do? I’ve not been prescribed anything yet but I do have a consultant calling (no time given, just that they’ll call) so I’m going to chat to them about it and try and get my head around it all. I’m guessing my dreams of a home birth are probably shattered now which made me a bit sad too. But as long as baby gets here safe I’ll do whatever.

So I posted previously how I had reduced movements, went in Friday for CTG and all was good. They asked me to go back yesterday for another CTG to be sure and was told all fine again (after my trace Friday her movements went back to normal and are still normal). Now I've received a phone call to say they want me in for a scan as another check? I asked the lady is there some concern that I've not been made aware about and she said my notes just says the doctor wants to scan to be safe. I'm not complaining because scans are nice but I do feel concerned there's something happening that I am unaware about?! Or am I just paranoid?! X
I had to go in twice last week for reduced movements and I'm going for a scan today. They said it was routine to check the babies growth etc :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
16 week scan wasn’t really up to much. Didn’t do anything other then wee in a pot and confirm bloods are all good. Dunno what I was expecting but I wasn’t that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hi ladies 😍

I’ve not been active in the last couple of threads, they move so fast! 😂

Had my 20 week scan this morning, baby measuring well and looking healthy - huge relief!

I was told my placenta is positioned at the front and is low, the sonographer said there could be complications with a natural birth if my placenta stays in that position - has anyone else experienced this? If so, was a c-section required or did your placenta move out of the way? X

Reactions: 7
Hi ladies 😍

Had my 20 week scan this morning, baby measuring well and looking healthy - huge relief!

I was told my placenta is positioned at the front and is low, the sonographer said there could be complications with a natural birth if my placenta stays in that position - has anyone else experienced this? If so, was a c-section required or did your placenta move out of the way? X
Mine was low and at the front my 20 week scan, had a consultant appointment today (not related to placenta issue) had a quick scan and it's moved up, majority of the time it moves up as your Belly grows 😁

Reactions: 4
16 week scan wasn’t really up to much. Didn’t do anything other then wee in a pot and confirm bloods are all good. Dunno what I was expecting but I wasn’t that 😂
Pretty much how all the midwife appointments go from my experience 😂

Hi ladies 😍

Mine was low but it had moved out the way by 32 weeks when they checked again.
She said most that are just 'low' move out the way by that time

There are a lot of people on here that have there midwives numbers and stuff... Is that a common thing? Just asking as none of my friends with kids barely knew the midwifes name

There are a lot of people on here that have there midwives numbers and stuff... Is that a common thing? Just asking as none of my friends with kids barely knew the midwifes name
I had my midwives number simply because she'd send text reminders for appointments. I was never directly given it and said use this number or anything

Reactions: 1
My midwife makes appointment via text so I have her number and phoning/texting her is usually my first point of contact (although that’s because none of the hospital numbers except the emergency line work!)
I did read somewhere (maybe the modern midwifes book) that they’re trying to implement a system where you see the same midwife throughout for continuity of care but clearly that’s not always the case!

My midwife makes appointment via text so I have her number and phoning/texting her is usually my first point of contact (although that’s because none of the hospital numbers except the emergency line work!)
I did read somewhere (maybe the modern midwifes book) that they’re trying to implement a system where you see the same midwife throughout for continuity of care but clearly that’s not always the case!
Ah okay. It’s different where I live I’d say. I was a bit worried thinking that I would have to be bffs with a midwife 🤣

Mine called and text me from when I was 5 weeks to set up face to face appointments and told me to text her any non urgent questions etc. Luckily she’s really nice and I’m glad I get to keep seeing her (until I move eeek 😳)!

Mine called and text me from when I was 5 weeks to set up face to face appointments and told me to text her any non urgent questions etc. Luckily she’s really nice and I’m glad I get to keep seeing her (until I move eeek 😳)!
My gp arranged the hospital appointments and here you don’t usually see the same midwife. They are really behind in appointments so I’m guessing they are understaffed and overwhelmed with the baby boom 🤣 also there is only 1 maternity hospital in the county/city 🥴

Just had my growth scan and been told babies stomach is over 95th centile and head is on 90th centile 😫 now I’ve got to contact my midwife for a gestational diabetes test. Has anyone else had this!? I know scans can be inaccurate but just feel like it’s another thing to worry about😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone thought about a baby bouncer/chair/nest yet and care to share what you have opted for?
We had bouncer chairs for our last 2, but now we've got a dog and I can just see her being allllllll over it.
I was looking at the nest things with the handles so you can put baby on the floor/sofa/bed wherever and just carry them around with you.
Also looked at the bean bag type things.
Then wonder if they are redundant if you use a Moses basket, although last 2 times around it was the Moses basket that went unused.
Can't decide. Definitely can't afford one of those all singing all dancing leaf things that rock and sway either 😂

Sorry to hear you have it too. It’s such a scary thing to be told over the phone isn’t it with pretty much no more information and google is scary. Thanks for suggesting the nhs leaflets, I’ve read a few from a few different trusts and they’re worded a lot less scary than the articles I read. I’ve had a good old cry about it and I’m okay for now. It’s reassuring to hear how most babies are born a healthy weight with no complications. How many weeks are you now? What does the aspirin do? I’ve not been prescribed anything yet but I do have a consultant calling (no time given, just that they’ll call) so I’m going to chat to them about it and try and get my head around it all. I’m guessing my dreams of a home birth are probably shattered now which made me a bit sad too. But as long as baby gets here safe I’ll do whatever.
Yes it really is! I can imagine it is for anything like this but I’d literally never heard of it or even knew it could be a problem. Just something else to worry about! What was reassuring for me was that my midwife said some trusts apparently don’t even test for it and even then testing is quite a new thing - so quite often it’s probably never identified and is never an issue. That’s good that you have a consultant involved - my notes say I’m consultant led so I think I do too although I haven’t spoken with them yet - was all handled via midwife. I’m 24 weeks tomorrow so have the first of my growth scans in a couple of weeks 🤞🏼Really hope you can still have the birth you would like to - I would hope that if baby is growing ok and everything looks fine you’d still be allowed to...?

Re the aspirin, it’s supposed to improve placental function or something - not totally sure. It’s definitely not a huge inconvenience tbh!

Anyone thought about a baby bouncer/chair/nest yet and care to share what you have opted for?
We had bouncer chairs for our last 2, but now we've got a dog and I can just see her being allllllll over it.
I was looking at the nest things with the handles so you can put baby on the floor/sofa/bed wherever and just carry them around with you.
Then wonder if they are redundant if you use a Moses basket, although last 2 times around it was the Moses basket that went unused.
Can't decide. Definitely can't afford one of those all singing all dancing leaf things that rock and sway either 😂
I got one of the mamaroo chair rocker things second hand but everyone I’ve spoken too has told me the baby will definitely just prefer one of the normal bouncers rather than the OTT one I got 😬😂 what I liked about it was it was slightly more raised so the dog couldn’t easily climb in (no doubt she’ll give it a go though!). There were some quite nice bouncers that vibrate gently that looked quite good too, plus were very reasonably priced, so might be worth looking into!

Hi ladies 😍

Hello! My placenta was partially covering my cervix at the 20 week scan, most the time it moves out the way! It did for me, they scanned me at 34 or 36 weeks I can’t remember 😩 just to check! X

We had a baby Bjorn bouncer and it was great! Lasted ages for naps, has toys you can adjust and folds down easily to travel with or store. So glad we kept it!

My 16 week appointment was the same - would have been over and done with in 5 mins if I didn’t have to hang around waiting to need to wee 😂

I have no contact number other than a helpline who also don’t answer trying to contact someone is absolutely tit had to ring the doctors instead because I was crying. X

@Crazycatlady18 mine was the same although I could listen to her heartbeat with the Doppler machine and there was a student midwife as well who went on about the free stuff I can get from this magazine and took my bloods x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.