Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would absolutely love peoples thoughts on finding out the sex ..... just for fun!
I'm due my 4th
....have three of one sex already never cared to find out at all before.... but literally cant stop thinking "what IS IT?????" Now 😂😂😂😂 my 20 week scan is tomor!!!! I'm tempted not to find out. Obviously I just want my baby to be healthy. But I am in a funny emotional mood and I feel if it's not the sex I "want" I might be unreasonably feeling all the feelings do I make any sense?????? I think if I leave it until the baby is born I'll be so excited I will not care at all either way. Just interested do others feel this way!

Reactions: 8
Would absolutely love peoples thoughts on finding out the sex ..... just for fun!
I'm due my 4th
....have three of one sex already never cared to find out at all before.... but literally cant stop thinking "what IS IT?????" Now 😂😂😂😂 my 20 week scan is tomor!!!! I'm tempted not to find out. Obviously I just want my baby to be healthy. But I am in a funny emotional mood and I feel if it's not the sex I "want" I might be unreasonably feeling all the feelings do I make any sense?????? I think if I leave it until the baby is born I'll be so excited I will not care at all either way. Just interested do others feel this way!
This is my first and I already have a private 16 week gender scan booked 🙈 I can’t be waiting around and I want to be able to get organised 🤣

Reactions: 9
Anyone thought about a baby bouncer/chair/nest yet and care to share what you have opted for?
We had bouncer chairs for our last 2, but now we've got a dog and I can just see her being allllllll over it.
I was looking at the nest things with the handles so you can put baby on the floor/sofa/bed wherever and just carry them around with you.
Also looked at the bean bag type things.
Then wonder if they are redundant if you use a Moses basket, although last 2 times around it was the Moses basket that went unused.
Can't decide. Definitely can't afford one of those all singing all dancing leaf things that rock and sway either 😂
I've just bought a baby bjorn bouncer. It's pricey considering it looks so basic (no electric rocking or swing function etc) but it has rave reviews, and anyone I know thats used it loves it. Something about it being so lightweight that the baby is practically rocking itself with their own movements. It's also very compact and won't take up much space. I'm trying not to mindlessly splurge on things but this did seem like one to go for. I haven't bought a sleep nest and don't intend to before baby is born. Again I know some friends who love it for daytime naps etc. If I'm really desperate eg if baby won't settle during the day then I may consider one otherwise nah.

Reactions: 4
I'm due my 4th
With my first I didn't find out, I wanted that element of always wondering. This time we think we are going to get a gender scan but we aren't telling anyone. Its just for us to know really

Reactions: 1
I'm due my 4th
I definitely wanted to know asap, so when they did the genetic testing, they also checked the sex. So now I know I'm having a baby girl. Would've been happy with a boy too, I just wanted to know.

Then again, I'm also that weirdo who looks up spoilers from series. And sometimes movies and books too 😅 I'm very curious!

Reactions: 9
I'm due my 4th
This is my second, I want to find out (should do next week if baby is cooperative on the scan 😂) I honestly don’t have a preference but I’m too impatient to wait and find out!

Reactions: 2
I definitely wanted to know asap, so when they did the genetic testing, they also checked the sex. So now I know I'm having a baby girl. Would've been happy with a boy too, I just wanted to know.

Then again, I'm also that weirdo who looks up spoilers from series. And sometimes movies and books too 😅 I'm very curious!
Same here, I’ve never been one for “surprises”. I was the kid who’d sneakily dig through their Christmas presents in my parent’s wardrobe.
I don’t mind if it’s a boy or a girl (just healthy 🥰) but I just want to know 😬. Two weeks Friday to wait.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

OMG I’m the same, I can’t ever help myself for reading spoilers or synopsis especially for films! Curious is the best word to describe it 😂

• Heart
I’ve gone from not wanting to find out to planning a gender reveal party with my family 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Such a lovely experience at our 12 week scan today! Cannot recommend the Fetal Medicine Centre enough (I can’t remember who mentioned it on the previous thread). Baby was being super sleepy and stubborn and just wouldn’t move, she got most of the measurements then had me doing star jumps and hopping around a bit. Bub still wouldn’t move 🙄 Eventually she sent us away so we went for a power walk to Pret and I wolfed down afizzy drink and a brownie! Lots of belly jiggling later 🤢 and she got everything she needed. I’m hoping baby just loves their sleep and this bodes well for November. Just incredible what they are able to see though and she talked us through everything - the spine, kidneys, eye sockets even. So precious. Bloods and measurements all point to being low risk for everything but we’ll get the Harmony results in 2 weeks to confirm. We’ve said no to finding out the sex with that for now, I need a few more weeks to decide! I’m also 2 days further ahead than I thought, every little helps, November feels forever away!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So happy I'm not the only spoiler addict here! I've really found my tribe with you all ❤😆

Such a lovely experience at our 12 week scan today! Cannot recommend the Fetal Medicine Centre enough (I can’t remember who mentioned it on the previous thread). Baby was being super sleepy and stubborn and just wouldn’t move, she got most of the measurements then had me doing star jumps and hopping around a bit. Bub still wouldn’t move 🙄 Eventually she sent us away so we went for a power walk to Pret and I wolfed down afizzy drink and a brownie! Lots of belly jiggling later 🤢 and she got everything she needed. I’m hoping baby just loves their sleep and this bodes well for November. Just incredible what they are able to see though and she talked us through everything - the spine, kidneys, eye sockets even. So precious. Bloods and measurements all point to being low risk for everything but we’ll get the Harmony results in 2 weeks to confirm. We’ve said no to finding out the sex with that for now, I need a few more weeks to decide! I’m also 2 days further ahead than I thought, every little helps, November feels forever away!
It's so amazing right? And almost so unbelievable how they're so small, but look so "complete" already!
When are you due? I'm end of Oct beginning of Nov. Can't wait!

Reactions: 3
Hi ladies 😍

I’ve not been active in the last couple of threads, they move so fast! 😂

Had my 20 week scan this morning, baby measuring well and looking healthy - huge relief!

I was told my placenta is positioned at the front and is low, the sonographer said there could be complications with a natural birth if my placenta stays in that position - has anyone else experienced this? If so, was a c-section required or did your placenta move out of the way? X
I had exactly the same. I’m 26 weeks now. The main problem I’ve had is that I can barely feel any kicking. Baby has to kick through the placenta so it’s much harder to feel kicks. I’ll be scanned again at 32 weeks and hopefully it will have moved. I can’t physically give birth naturally if it stays where it is so will definitely have a c section if it remains in same place

So happy I'm not the only spoiler addict here! I've really found my tribe with you all ❤😆

It's so amazing right? And almost so unbelievable how they're so small, but look so "complete" already!
When are you due? I'm end of Oct beginning of Nov. Can't wait!
Just mind blowing! My husband has much older children and he said he doesn’t remember there being anywhere near as much detail. I must admit I struggle to make much out 🤣 but it’s so wonderful to hear. I’m due 12th November so we’re super close! I’ve got irregular periods / long cycles so by last period I’d be 14+2 and it’s really irritating me that my scan pic reads wrong! It feels like so far off but I know it’ll come round so quickly, the last year flew and absolutely nothing exciting happened!

• Heart
So glad you had a lovely experience! Fingers crossed the harmony results come back and confirm everything is low risk. Wonderful news!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just mind blowing! My husband has much older children and he said he doesn’t remember there being anywhere near as much detail. I must admit I struggle to make much out 🤣 but it’s so wonderful to hear. I’m due 12th November so we’re super close! I’ve got irregular periods / long cycles so by last period I’d be 14+2 and it’s really irritating me that my scan pic reads wrong! It feels like so far off but I know it’ll come round so quickly, the last year flew and absolutely nothing exciting happened!
Yeah, I have PCOS and took medication to get a period, but my cycles were still long.
If I can believe the scans, I'm 14 weeks today, but if I believe the nurses I'm 14+5 (based on last period end of Jan) today. I should really ask my gynaegologist next time I'm there 😅
But I figure little Shrimp will come out when she pleases anyway 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.