Pregnancy #8 We love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
our little lady arrived today at 4pm after getting induced earlier than planned. Obsessed with her already 🥰 weighing 8lbs 😱 we’re both doing well.

Looking forward to hearing of everyone else’s arrivals ❤ You ladies have all got this 💪🏽 Everything you go through with pregnancy and bringing your baby into the world will be worth it.
Congratulations. Enjoy that newborn baby bubble and soak up all the cuddles x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
our little lady arrived today at 4pm after getting induced earlier than planned. Obsessed with her already 🥰 weighing 8lbs 😱 we’re both doing well.

Looking forward to hearing of everyone else’s arrivals ❤ You ladies have all got this 💪🏽 Everything you go through with pregnancy and bringing your baby into the world will be worth it.
Congratulations to you all 💖 enjoy those new born snuggles xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks ladies! Loving all the newborn cuddles so far.

Definitely going to try and soak up the newborn stage more this time, it really does go quickly.

also i already miss being pregnant and feeling her move in there 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Lovely news, @Pinkii !!! Hope you are both doing well 🥰🥰🥰

This has got to be the best thread on tattle. We get (mostly) the loveliest news 🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 12

What wonderful news! Congratulations!! Hope you're enjoying all the cuddles xx

Thank you to everyone for being so lovely after I mentioned all of my mums comments, she has since apologised and hopefully it'll stick.
We have started the decorating stage of the nursery, we also ordered our pram/travel system yesterday and I officially ask my best friend to be babys godmother.
Officially in the 3rd trimester with 13 weeks to go, I can see it going very slowly 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Congratulations ❤❤ Glad your both doing well x 😊

A huge congratulations!!! Glad you’re both doing well 💖💖💖

• Heart
I am officially "halfway" today. Can't believe it, it's both flown by and dragged at the same time! Seeing all the messages from those much further on both excites me and terrifies me in equal measures! When should I start buying nursery furniture etc? I am such a planner but I've purposefully been holding off as I don't want to jinx anything but at the same time, I want to get organised as leaving things on a to do list is not for me! 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just been for my covid swab. Haven’t had one before and jeez, that’s uncomfortable 😬😬 but only 48hrs left to go 🎉🎉

I am officially "halfway" today. Can't believe it, it's both flown by and dragged at the same time! Seeing all the messages from those much further on both excites me and terrifies me in equal measures! When should I start buying nursery furniture etc? I am such a planner but I've purposefully been holding off as I don't want to jinx anything but at the same time, I want to get organised as leaving things on a to do list is not for me! 🤦🏼‍♀️
Buying things won’t jinx anything at all ❤ Buy whenever you feel comfortable.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just been for my covid swab. Haven’t had one before and jeez, that’s uncomfortable 😬😬 but only 48hrs left to go 🎉🎉

Buying things won’t jinx anything at all ❤ Buy whenever you feel comfortable.
The countdown is well and truly on! 2 more sleeps! Are your other children excited for the new arrival?

Thank you, I think once I've had the scan on Tuesday I will start making my way down my shopping list (half of which I'm sure I probably won't use but it's my first baby and I feel like I need everything 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️)!

Speaking of which, do any of your second, third, fourth time mums have any must-buys? I'm all ears for recommendations! X

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Congratulations 💖

I found the first one I ever had done was the worst, but the nurse who did mine seemed brutal compared to when anyone else has done them since.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The countdown is well and truly on! 2 more sleeps! Are your other children excited for the new arrival?

Thank you, I think once I've had the scan on Tuesday I will start making my way down my shopping list (half of which I'm sure I probably won't use but it's my first baby and I feel like I need everything 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️)!

Speaking of which, do any of your second, third, fourth time mums have any must-buys? I'm all ears for recommendations! X
The other kids are excited, but still a bit of an abstract concept for them. Once we are all home together they’ll be pestering to hold baby and do everything I have no doubts!

Honestly, over time I’ve felt like I need LESS stuff! We seemed to have loads for my first, and as time has gone on we’ve got less and less for newborns. My personal favourite things for a newborn are a stretchy wrap, a bouncer (a simple one, ours doesn’t do anything fancy) and a decent bath that lets you have both your hands free!

But I think for your first baby you indulge yourself and you buy whatever the heck you like! You only have one first, and you should enjoy it! The shopping first time round is really special 🥰 I still have very fond memories of going to mothercare with my husband to buy all our bits and bobs.

Hi everyone! I’ve not posted on here before but I’m currently 16 weeks with #2. There isn’t the biggest gap and I really struggled during the first lockdown and put on weight. As this was a bit of a surprise I hadn’t managed to loose the weight. Had my 12 week scan and was told I had a bmi of 32. I feel so upset with myself and I’m so worried it’ll have an impact on the baby. Anyone else with a high bmi? Thank you xx

• Heart
Hi everyone! I’ve not posted on here before but I’m currently 16 weeks with #2. There isn’t the biggest gap and I really struggled during the first lockdown and put on weight. As this was a bit of a surprise I hadn’t managed to loose the weight. Had my 12 week scan and was told I had a bmi of 32. I feel so upset with myself and I’m so worried it’ll have an impact on the baby. Anyone else with a high bmi? Thank you xx
Sames I went for it at Christmas and January birthday with takeaways and treats then boom 1st Feb test positive and BMI of 31. I felt really guilty and worried at first but so far the only difference from my first pregnancy is that I was screened as part of my bloods at 9weeks for the potential to develop gestational diabetes which came back low. And my weigh gain has only been two pounds at 15 weeks and it was more on my first so think it’s balancing out. And although it’s an indicator I don’t think BMI is always the overall picture of your health x

• Heart
My bmi is currently 36, it was 40 with my second and 56 with my first 8 years ago.

I've never had any issues, especially ones related to high bmi.
Obviously it does put you at higher risk but I feel they do make you feel like you're pretty much definitely going to have these issues if you have a raised bmi.
I have several friends who have raised bmis and have had no issues during pregnancy too.

As @Shoegal17 said, bmi isn't really an indication on your health.

I've been overweight my whole life and I've never once had even a slightly raised blood pressure or anything like that.
It's a lot more down to your own overall health than your bmi

Yes I have a higher BMI, was told of all the potential issues I may face as a result of it but so far at 37 weeks all is still OK. The big risks of my bmi was I more likely to develope pre-eclampsia and GD, but my result was good for GD and no signs of pre-eclampsia. My blood pressure has been normal throughout. My weight gain is currently 1 stone, and my extra scans shows approx (we all know scans are always off apparently!) the baby at around 6lbs (without factoring in the extra blood volume, water and placenta weight), but I am due another one this week, so my midwife has said she is really pleased. So it is daunting at first having all these risks spelled out based purely on weight but I completely understand why they do it, but it isn't a reflection on your current health xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.