Pregnancy #8 We love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would say it sounds like they're calling to tell you you have a UTI. Which if you've just finished the antibiotics it could be either that they were the wrong ones and didn't work (Quite common) or it hadn't at the time got rid of it completely so still showed up
Thank you, hopefully that is the case and can stop stressing 🙄

Reactions: 1
Consultant appointment tomorrow, can't wait to start the blood thinning injections for the next 18 weeks, my poor belly 😭 does anyone else have them and do them in their legs? I need to ask tomorrow I didn't last pregnancy and my belly was ruined

Has anybody developed a chronic itch all over the body? I’m not sure if it’s pregnancy related or is it the fake tan/washing detergent I’m using (Iv used the same for years) but it’s just unbearable 🙈🙈
i had cholestasis in my first pregnancy, it can be common to ‘itch’ as your skin stretches etc but cholestasis can be dangerous but usually it’s found in the latter months and it’s usually on the hands and feet but not all the time.
I would call your midfwife to run a liver function test and it will be able to see if your bile acids are raised.
There is something called ‘pregnancy itching’ though which is common and it can be common to react to normal products you use normally!

I gave a urine sample in on Saturday when I was in the hospital with reduced movements....they told me it had white blood cells in it and they were sending it away for analysis, I had just finished a course of anti biotics for a suspected uti on the Thursday...
I've missed a call from the hospital and it doesn't accept incoming calls 🙄 tried phoning the community midwife line and it went to voicemail and no-one has called back.
Does anyone know what exactly they check for? I've had some yellow tinged discharge basically since I found out I was pregnant(so probably normal for me) but I'm so worried it's something sinister and that the anti biotics I had were pointless. Has anyone had anything similar?
I'm usually not as much of a worrier but I'm having one of those days 😭
i would agree and sounds like they’re had the results back to say if it is/isn’t an infection. I gave a urine sample to the OOH docs and she said the same to me, mine had white blood cells in and I’m on cefalexin for a suspected UTI. If it was mega urgent, they would keep calling you!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Consultant appointment tomorrow, can't wait to start the blood thinning injections for the next 18 weeks, my poor belly 😭 does anyone else have them and do them in their legs? I need to ask tomorrow I didn't last pregnancy and my belly was ruined
I’ve been doing these injections since week 34. Should have been week 28 but someone missed it at my booking appointment. My partner injects them into my bump every evening and I’m not finding it easy at all. I get so worked up having them. My bump is black and blue from them and the braxton hicks I have afterwards take my breath away. I’m getting induced at 39 weeks due to my age so only 12 more injections Into the bump then I’m sure I’ll find it easier with them going into the squishy jelly belly for 6 weeks after. I feel your pain lovely x

I’ve been doing these injections since week 34. Should have been week 28 but someone missed it at my booking appointment. My partner injects them into my bump every evening and I’m not finding it easy at all. I get so worked up having them. My bump is black and blue from them and the braxton hicks I have afterwards take my breath away. I’m getting induced at 39 weeks due to my age so only 12 more injections Into the bump then I’m sure I’ll find it easier with them going into the squishy jelly belly for 6 weeks after. I feel your pain lovely x
This is what happened to me first time round i had them at 34 weeks when it should of been 28 then 6 weeks after birth 🙈 this time it's from 28 weeks urgh which is even bloody longer wahoo 😂 it's horrible isn't it, I'd make a crap drug addict I have to work myself up to Inject it the thought of it blerugh!!! We can be bruised bump buddies 😂😂 xx

• Heart
Has anybody developed a chronic itch all over the body? I’m not sure if it’s pregnancy related or is it the fake tan/washing detergent I’m using (Iv used the same for years) but it’s just unbearable 🙈🙈
Yes me and I’ve got a rash like all on boobs and stomach I’ve washed myself with just water I think it must be some kind of reaction and I tried to get rid of my fake tan and I look like a giant tiger roll I’ve covered myself in sudocreme as well now abs it’s going I think it’s washing detergent/ shower gel which I usually always use but I think it’s an allergic reaction to it x

• Wow
@Jellybb i hope that didn’t scare you!

My cholestasis started out very gradually it didn’t come on all of a sudden. It’s not too common at all but it would be worth just checking with the midwife. It doesn’t pose an immediate threat but like preeclampsia and such conditions if it’s left untreated it can be harmful ❤

• Heart
@Jellybb i hope that didn’t scare you!

My cholestasis started out very gradually it didn’t come on all of a sudden. It’s not too common at all but it would be worth just checking with the midwife. It doesn’t pose an immediate threat but like preeclampsia and such conditions if it’s left untreated it can be harmful ❤
Oh good no of course not 💕 it’s going to be my first time in the maternity next week so I will say it to them 🙈 hopefully it’s just a reaction to the detergent I’m using! Hopefully it will go away soon as I look like a lunatic when I’m out for walks 🙈🤣

• Heart
Yeah top of thighs is my go to! Nice and chubby. I squeeze all the fat together and seems to go in easier (not all the time though 😞) I also bruise less there. I looked awful in first trimester when doing them in side of my tummy

good luck it’s not much fun x

So glad it’s not just me. My partner is too squeamish so I do them myself. I get all worked up and shout for him some evenings. They just won’t go in some days! When I pull some out they then bleed and I start crying because it hurts so much.
Such a palava. I’ve had them since week 6 and will be on them 6 weeks PP 🙄

Attachments

Last edited:
Yeah top of thighs is my go to! Nice and chubby. I squeeze all the fat together and seems to go in easier (not all the time though 😞) I also bruise less there. I looked awful in first trimester when doing them in side of my tummy

good luck it’s not much fun x

So glad it’s not just me. My partner is too squeamish so I do them myself. I get all worked up and shout for him some evenings. They just won’t go in some days! When I pull some out they then bleed and I start crying because it hurts so much.
Such a palava. I’ve had them since week 6 and will be on them 6 weeks PP 🙄
Wow that picture is so helpful! Thank you, never got anything like that at my hospital 🙈 was just told the belly and that's it didn't know it couldn't be near the belly button etc thanks again!

Wow that picture is so helpful! Thank you, never got anything like that at my hospital 🙈 was just told the belly and that's it didn't know it couldn't be near the belly button etc thanks again!
That’s all the pharmacist handed me!? No one spoke me through it or anything! I was just sent on my Merry way after weeks of pain in the same place my original blood clots were. Not anxiety inducing at all 🙃🙃

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.