Pregnancy #60

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which one did you end up re-buying? We went for the most expensive bundle as it was the one with the Cybex Cloud T, which I believe is currently one of the best ones out based on reviews / best selling etc. It’s the car seat I wanted regardless so luckily they did a bundle with one which saved us a tiny bit
I upgraded to the cloud T as well ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Which one did you end up re-buying? We went for the most expensive bundle as it was the one with the Cybex Cloud T, which I believe is currently one of the best ones out based on reviews / best selling etc. It’s the car seat I wanted regardless so luckily they did a bundle with one which saved us a tiny bit
We got the cloud t in our bundle too and tried it out earlier this week in the car. It seems to be pretty good! I did think I’d broken it as I got it stuck in recline but a bit of googling sorted me out 😂

• Haha
Just found out I’m pregnant with number 3!! I’m 37 and have 2 kids age 2 and 8. This happened totally out of the blue and I am not prepared! How hard is it to go from 2 - 3 kids?!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Does anyone have a room thermometer reccomendation? Our bedroom gets very hot sometimes even in winter so probs need to get on top of that, or at least know the temp so I can dress the baby appropriately for bed🙃

Does anyone have a room thermometer reccomendation? Our bedroom gets very hot sometimes even in winter so probs need to get on top of that, or at least know the temp so I can dress the baby appropriately for bed🙃
We use the gro egg 2!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
we have the tommee tipeee gro egg (loads on vinted usually!) and also just a basic thermometer from Amazon because I like to cross check that they’re both saying the same thing!

• Heart
I’ve got the Nuby penguin which also doubles up as a bath thermometer 😊

• Heart
We had a gro egg but it broke so got some cheap amazon digital ones (2 for £8 or something silly) which were fine too.

They text me my c-section date today, 39+4. As mentioned I went into labour naturally last time at 38+6. I left a message but couldn't get through to anyone. I spent 8 mths wanting to go into labour naturally and get a c-sec on arrival but after she explained the risks it's panicked me now. It's sent me a bit anxious tbh but I'm not sure if it's just having a date.
As much as I dislike pregnancy and want baby out now, this will be my last which is so final, plus I'm still poorly so just not feeling ready or capable. It really is such a wild ride.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
We’re still using the cardboardy free one on a like hotel door hanger that the health visitor gave us when I was preg with the 2yo 😬 mostly play it by ear though.
---
We had a gro egg but it broke so got some cheap amazon digital ones (2 for £8 or something silly) which were fine too.

They text me my c-section date today, 39+4. As mentioned I went into labour naturally last time at 38+6. I left a message but couldn't get through to anyone. I spent 8 mths wanting to go into labour naturally and get a c-sec on arrival but after she explained the risks it's panicked me now. It's sent me a bit anxious tbh but I'm not sure if it's just having a date.
As much as I dislike pregnancy and want baby out now, this will be my last which is so final, plus I'm still poorly so just not feeling ready or capable. It really is such a wild ride.
Eek, hopefully they can move you forward. Otherwise, are you far from the hospital? Not ideal but hopefully they can at least get you in as soon as something starts and head things off at the pass.

Eek, hopefully they can move you forward. Otherwise, are you far from the hospital? Not ideal but hopefully they can at least get you in as soon as something starts and head things off at the pass.
We're half an hour give or take so I'm not too worried about getting in in time. It's more the pre-op stuff you don't get with emergencies, OH would be far more comfortable with it planned too. But the consultant also said that when you start contracting the op is a bit different as the muscles are sitting differently, it's more rushed to get the epidural in etc. It's just I'd finally wrapped my head around an elective and now I'm thinking "well that ain't gonna happen" though of course it still could, even if it doesn't get changed. It's probably just me having a wobble, wanting everything controlled and knowing what I'm doing, it's probably evident from my posts here I research and plan everything pregnancy and after, too much even 🙈 and I guess it's just not possible with labour.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We have the Gro Egg it’s nice and not too bright 😆

• Heart
Time to play my new favourite game, am I being sick because I’ve caught the sickness bug going around work or is it just morning sickness 🤔

We're half an hour give or take so I'm not too worried about getting in in time. It's more the pre-op stuff you don't get with emergencies, OH would be far more comfortable with it planned too. But the consultant also said that when you start contracting the op is a bit different as the muscles are sitting differently, it's more rushed to get the epidural in etc. It's just I'd finally wrapped my head around an elective and now I'm thinking "well that ain't gonna happen" though of course it still could, even if it doesn't get changed. It's probably just me having a wobble, wanting everything controlled and knowing what I'm doing, it's probably evident from my posts here I research and plan everything pregnancy and after, too much even 🙈 and I guess it's just not possible with labour.
I think it would be reasonable to try and request your date is a little earlier based on when your first was born, but like you say, this little one might happily reach your current planned date anyway!

I never ever in a million years thought I’d be sat here saying I have my pre op today. I never thought I’d even reach remotely close to my planned date, in my head booking it in was just a formality for the medical professionals… but the reality is, unless these babies arrive this weekend, it’s looking more and more likely I’m reaching that planned date!

initially when it was booked in, that date meant absolutely nothing to me as I didn’t anticipate reaching it. Now it’s all I can focus on. The unknown and anticipation is really difficult, I really do sympathise ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think it would be reasonable to try and request your date is a little earlier based on when your first was born, but like you say, this little one might happily reach your current planned date anyway!

I never ever in a million years thought I’d be sat here saying I have my pre op today. I never thought I’d even reach remotely close to my planned date, in my head booking it in was just a formality for the medical professionals… but the reality is, unless these babies arrive this weekend, it’s looking more and more likely I’m reaching that planned date!

initially when it was booked in, that date meant absolutely nothing to me as I didn’t anticipate reaching it. Now it’s all I can focus on. The unknown and anticipation is really difficult, I really do sympathise ❤
Hope it all goes ok today and treat yourself to a nice lunch afterwards!
---
I’d definitely keep trying to get hold of someone and explain your worries, hopefully they will be able to move it forward a bit xx

• Heart

I felt the same as you when I got my date which was for 39+2 I spoke to my consultant and explained how my waters broke at 37 weeks with my first and my anxieties about it happening again because I don't think mentally I can have a normal labour it would really upset me. She did move my date thankfully, obv not too early but towards the very end of my 38th week.
Hopefully if it's what you want your consultant will listen to you and do something similar x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
12 week scan was perfect! Considered high risk which has got me a little worried & they mentioned they would probably want baby out a bit earlier.
Now I feel very overwhelmed about everything I need to buy!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
If it helps, a bit of reassurance about section dates, if you do go into labour before, it will be done as a semi elective section. Even if you have a tiny twinge, ring the labour ward and they’ll get you in.
I know it’s not ideal, but hopefully it helps a little as it likely won’t be an emergency section and still have that more planned, calm element.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If it helps, a bit of reassurance about section dates, if you do go into labour before, it will be done as a semi elective section. Even if you have a tiny twinge, ring the labour ward and they’ll get you in.
I know it’s not ideal, but hopefully it helps a little as it likely won’t be an emergency section and still have that more planned, calm element.
That’s what they told me too, any twinge or sign of labour call them and go straight in. I’m booked in for 38 plus 4 so a little over six weeks to go.. starting to feel a little unsettled and have constant urges to clean.. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5