Pregnancy #60

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t buy new ones like I just take the ones from the moses basket when we go out and put them in the pram 🤣

Reactions: 2
Omg I never thought of that! I feel like I’m all doing at the moment is buying mattresses and sheets 😂

I need to test if the Moses baskets sheets will fit!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Is anyone else going to any baby shows this year? I'm off to one this weekend and for some daft reason it's making me feel a bit overwhelmed 🙈
Personally I wouldn’t bother. I went to one this year and found it rubbish. I was hoping for lots of stores with things like slings, cute clothes and independent retailers. But 1/4 of it seemed to be prams and furniture - so great if you don’t have a pram and need to test some! And lots of stalls like hello fresh, will making, baby photoshoots..

Reactions: 1
We got universal Moses basket sheets to go in the carry cot. Our Moses basket sheets didn’t fit. I hadn’t thought about it until someone mentioned it but I’m glad she did because Baby R was sick in it - several times - on his first trip out 🤣 I’ve just got a couple of spare sheets stuffed in a pocket on the changing bag so I can change it over when needed.

I feel like I’ve got sheets everywhere. Carry cot sheets, moses basket sheets, snuzpod sheets, cot sheets… its endless 😂

I feel like I’ve got sheets everywhere. Carry cot sheets, moses basket sheets, snuzpod sheets, cot sheets… its endless 😂
This is honestly how I felt when someone mentioned it. More sheets?! 😂 I thought I was organised with the cot and snuzpod already. Mr B better get used to the 100% increase in washing machine usage that’s coming his way!

• Haha
This is honestly how I felt when someone mentioned it. More sheets?! 😂 I thought I was organised with the cot and snuzpod already. Mr B better get used to the 100% increase in washing machine usage that’s coming his way!
And once you’ve got the sheets then there’s the mattress protectors… 😂 there’s so much!

• Haha
*adds pram sheets to baby wishlist and pretends to have known to add them all along*

Eek.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve got next to me sheets on my list but to be fair I forgot all about pram sheets too! I haven’t even looked at anything yet, they seem quite expensive just for sheets! Last time we got Asda ones but they were always too big.

Honestly this sounds really stupid of me but wow I am shocked at the vast price differences in travel systems it feels like I was living under a rock, a Mamas and Papas rock specifically. Because I wanted the iCandy so bad which comes in at 1.4, I thought it was insanely cheap to get the Strada at £950 all in with car seat. I felt like M&P is basically the Lidl version. It’s not. There’s systems for £200-300! Does anyone have a cheaper one? How does it do? I genuinely did not know you could get travel systems that cheap new. Should have bought one cheaper and pocketed the money

We only had like 2 pram sheets tbf as they didn’t need changing as regularly as the bed ones.
Amazon does next2me ones that come in pack for 2 for about £7 and Moses ones dead cheap that are a brushed cotton. Quite thin but super soft.

I think it depends if you get a baby that’s regularly sicky/leaky nappies how many you need but as you’re constantly washing anyway not millions. It’s nice to have patterned/colourful ones, (same applies for hooded towels and muslins too) but handy to have some white or pastels that can be thrown in with everything else so you’re not having to do special washes.
….she says lusting over impracticaly deep shaded muslins with gold trim 😂
---
Honestly this sounds really stupid of me but wow I am shocked at the vast price differences in travel systems it feels like I was living under a rock, a Mamas and Papas rock specifically. Because I wanted the iCandy so bad which comes in at 1.4, I thought it was insanely cheap to get the Strada at 950 all in with car seat. There’s systems for 200-300! Does anyone have a cheaper one? How does it do?
Cheap ones are ok if you’re on fairly flat pavement all the time. The buttons can be more plasticky and harder to clip in/out, the fold is less easy/compact, the brake system less easy/accessible, heavier or less robust frame, no suspension, solid plastic tyres vs pneumatic rubber ones etc.
My preference would be a more expensive one second hand over a cheap one new but we’re in the country side so need one that copes with bumps, grass, gravel etc

Last edited:
Honestly this sounds really stupid of me but wow I am shocked at the vast price differences in travel systems it feels like I was living under a rock, a Mamas and Papas rock specifically. Because I wanted the iCandy so bad which comes in at 1.4, I thought it was insanely cheap to get the Strada at £950 all in with car seat. I felt like M&P is basically the Lidl version. It’s not. There’s systems for £200-300! Does anyone have a cheaper one? How does it do? I genuinely did not know you could get travel systems that cheap new. Should have bought one cheaper and pocketed the money
Ours is silver cross so not cheap but if you haven’t already committed to a travel system please do some research on the bits that go with it - specifically the car seat. We just trusted that ours would be good because it was silver cross, big reliable brand etc but within 2 weeks we bought a completely different one. It was horrible to use, the straps were awkward, his head wobbled all over the place even with the newborn padding in and baby was so uncomfortable in it he’d scream whenever we put him in. Since we’ve got the new one he looks cosy, secure and falls asleep almost as soon as he’s in it. We’d have saved a fair bit if we’d bought the pram and car seat separately

Ours is silver cross so not cheap but if you haven’t already committed to a travel system please do some research on the bits that go with it - specifically the car seat. We just trusted that ours would be good because it was silver cross, big reliable brand etc but within 2 weeks we bought a completely different one. It was horrible to use, the straps were awkward, his head wobbled all over the place even with the newborn padding in and baby was so uncomfortable in it he’d scream whenever we put him in. Since we’ve got the new one he looks cosy, secure and falls asleep almost as soon as he’s in it. We’d have saved a fair bit if we’d bought the pram and car seat separately
Which one did you end up re-buying? We went for the most expensive bundle as it was the one with the Cybex Cloud T, which I believe is currently one of the best ones out based on reviews / best selling etc. It’s the car seat I wanted regardless so luckily they did a bundle with one which saved us a tiny bit

• Heart
Which one did you end up re-buying? We went for the most expensive bundle as it was the one with the Cybex Cloud T, which I believe is currently one of the best ones out based on reviews / best selling etc. It’s the car seat I wanted regardless so luckily they did a bundle with one which saved us a tiny bit
We went with the Joie I-spin 360. Yours looks good! The silver cross one is terrible, I don’t think I’ll even keep it as a spare for grandparents 🙈