Pregnancy #60

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope you’re feeling better and able to get some sleep.

Just for fun, doesn’t matter if it’s accurate, of course everyone’s got different needs and budgets but apart from the obvious car seats, prams, thermometer, calpol etc what’s on everyone’s highly recommended lists? Either from experience or what you’ve been told/seen.

Mine would be the Milton cold water, totter and tumble mat, a folding change mat/bag with compartments esp if breast feeding so you don’t need a massive bag in the early days like this
View attachment 2975116
and this
View attachment 2975114
Nuby rapid cool and the cold water steriliser 💯

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This! From their second biggest fan 🤣

I bought 2 more rapid cools on Monday so we’ve got 3 now. They’re game changers. It’s probably the only thing I couldn’t cope without now.
3 🤣 I only got one extra one! I feel like nuby should hire us at this point and pay us commission!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I don't know if this is a weird pregnancy craving but this is a second day in a row I bought some chicken wings that I was supposed to have for lunch but ate them at 9.30 AM before I even had my first coffe. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
3 🤣 I only got one extra one! I feel like nuby should hire us at this point and pay us commission!
I feel like you should be the modern version of Tupperware ladies, throwing parties & going around showing all the preggo ladies how to use the Nuby rapid cool. I would 100% attend.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just had our 12 week scan and everything is looking good so far. I'm so relieved and now feel like I can get properly excited about having a baby! 🥹

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I feel like I did it about then, gave me a chance to properly take stock and see what gaps there were to look out / hint for haha. And it’s nice when you feel tit and massive to go and open an organised drawer of teeny clothes for a pick me up 🥺
i ended up washing the newborn outfits yesterday! my heart couldn't cope with how small the clothes were! there were some tiny baby ones from when i had my first and that sent me over the edge 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hope you’re feeling better and able to get some sleep.

Just for fun, doesn’t matter if it’s accurate, of course everyone’s got different needs and budgets but apart from the obvious car seats, prams, thermometer, calpol etc what’s on everyone’s highly recommended lists? Either from experience or what you’ve been told/seen.

Mine would be the Milton cold water, totter and tumble mat, a folding change mat/bag with compartments esp if breast feeding so you don’t need a massive bag in the early days like this
View attachment 2975116
and this
View attachment 2975114
I have both of these and can confirm they’re great!

• Heart
The other thing I’d highly recommend is the owlet sock. I know it’s expensive and we did go round and round in circles with it when I was pregnant but having it has meant I can sleep. I’m not constantly on edge for every little noise or movement because I know the alarm will alert me if he needs help and I don’t have to sit up and check on him every time he stirs.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Is anyone else going to any baby shows this year? I'm off to one this weekend and for some daft reason it's making me feel a bit overwhelmed 🙈

I was going to on Sunday. Undecided!
Martin Lewis's site has a code for free tickets if it helps?!
Fuming I bought mine ages ago panicking they'd sell out or put prices up haha

Martin Lewis's site has a code for free tickets if it helps?!
Fuming I bought mine ages ago panicking they'd sell out or put prices up haha

You’re a star, thank you so much. Looks like I’ll go for a wander then. Conveniently it’s not far from Blank Street Coffee it’s a 2 in 1 🤣

You’re a star, thank you so much. Looks like I’ll go for a wander then. Conveniently it’s not far from Blank Street Coffee it’s a 2 in 1 🤣
I'll be the one either lingering at the food stalls or still trying to understand what the nuby rapid cool does 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I went to the baby show in Glasgow but it wasn’t very good and there wasn’t much difference in pricing for things. I think if it’s your first baby these things can be good to get a look at things, but because we have most things I just wanted another look at prams. There was no bouncers or swings, the MAM area was good for bottle feeding stuff.

I went to the baby show in Glasgow but it wasn’t very good and there wasn’t much difference in pricing for things. I think if it’s your first baby these things can be good to get a look at things, but because we have most things I just wanted another look at prams. There was no bouncers or swings, the MAM area was good for bottle feeding stuff.
I think that’s why I’d put off going. I didn’t want to pay £20 odd for tickets in case I didn’t buy anything at enough of a saving to make it worth it

I have seen vids of people raving about savings but that included buying their prams etc which I would never do in that sort of environment I need calm and endless research not on the spot 🤣

I found someone who was selling at the show who had advertised a code for free tickets so used that. Definitely wouldn’t have paid to go, we didn’t buy anything but the £5 goodie bag! Even then a lot of things in it were useless for us but there was a little mam bottle and a dummy and some child’s farm stuff so that was worth the fiver!

Sorry, first time Mum stupid question incoming. Do you put sheets on the mattress bit of the carry cot that goes on the pram? Someone mentioned this recently and I hadn’t realised it was a thing!

Sorry, first time Mum stupid question incoming. Do you put sheets on the mattress bit of the carry cot that goes on the pram? Someone mentioned this recently and I hadn’t realised it was a thing!
haha yes! I gave all mine away so need to buy some more. I had loads last time but think I only ever really switched between two, one was in the wash and one was on.

Also I think we just used the same ones for the Moses basket as it’s similar sizing!

Reactions: 2