Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
We ended up getting discharged from hospital at 9pm last night! So much for a 48 hour stay 😅 baby girl is doing great, the 4am pregnancy insomnia has totally helped. I’m already well prepared for her 4:30 bottle 🤣
Wow! I thought you had to stay for 24hrs after c section! Hope you’re getting on okay❤

Amylaauren

I’m moving house next week and packed my fan in a box last week, cursing myself for it now 😭
---

It probably depends on how much of a bump you have by 16 weeks, you might be better off just sizing up normal bikinis but I haven’t tried to wear a bikini thus far so not sure how maternity bikinis tend to fit. Have a look at some of the reviews for maternity ones on SHEIN and see what kind of size the people wearing them are
thank you! I can definitely notice a bump already and ordered some maternity cycling shorts they are soo comfy! I’ve got a couple of bigger dresses for the evenings too and will try to squeeze into my bikinis from last year 🤣

shadowofdoubt

VIP Member
Anyone else get their morning sickness at night time? Usually creeps in around 8ish and then I’m throwing up until midnight 🤦🏼‍♀️ I had hyperemesis in my last pregnancy so I’m definitely not complaining, just never heard of backwards morning sickness 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
How long did the appt come through from Refferal to being seen ? I got refered last Thursday for PGP too
For the PGP I self referred and finally got seen 4 months afterwards by which point the damage was pretty much done. For the diastasis I was seen by a physio within a week of contacting the GP, awaiting an emergency appointment with the physio team to follow up.

I wish there was a way to see what my results where today but theyre not on nhs app and I checked my online notes theyre not there either, I also had glucose in my urine test at my mw appointment today which has never happened yet :(

and thats a relief I dont have to give that up haha, and okay good to know thanks for all this information its all so much to take in !o_O

plonkington

VIP Member
Has anyone else had a numb bump? 34+2 and the skin at the top of my bump is so numb all day, like pins & needs to touch 🫣 Nothing to worry about according to Google, just the skin stretching but feels sooooo weird 🤣
I did toward the end of my first pregnancy, felt like a combination of burning and numbness, I used to get my husband to stand behind and lift bump a little to ease it 😂
You’ve reminded what’s to come second time round 😅

yankydoo

Chatty Member
Strongly recommend ultrasound direct over window to the womb for scans. Much more professional rather than hard sell and less of the baby stuff for sale absolutely everywhere in case of anything negative happening.
Our 4D with them was incredible.
If finances permit I’d also recommend the NIPT. For around £350-400 you have scans with proper diagnostics, find out about chromosomal abnormalities and get to know the gender for 100% at 10 weeks. I would however go for the basic test as the more you test for, the higher chance of an inaccurate result.
Did you get the NIPT done at Ultrasound Direct?

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
Did anybody have a 4d scan at 24 weeks? I was gonna hold off until later on for the sake of better pictures but I got too impatient and booked for 24 weeks. Does it actually look good at that stage?

ellieb123_xo

VIP Member
My second labour was definitely quicker! First time I was similar, about 6 hours active labour to delivery. This time I was 34 minutes from active labour to delivery. Thank god I was induced as I wouldn’t have made the hospital this time 😂 both of my sisters have had very fast second labours so it must run in my family 🤦🏼‍♀️
Oh stop 🙈 don’t say that hahaha hospital is 20 mins drive from me. Will be sprinting out the door at every twinge now 😂

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
We are different in Scotland - school year runs on birthdays from March - Feb. My 3 year old is a March baby and was planned for a March baby so he would be one of the oldest in the school year. This September baby will be middle of the year.
Oh wow, never knew that!

Lioness1

Chatty Member
Has anyone bought a pram that isn’t black? Do I actually have to buy a black one / do they actually get as dirty as people make out? The one I want is like a beige. Very boring Molly Mae personality of me… but it’s the one I want. The car seat is beige too.
I have the black icandy orange from my first but when he was bigger I got the Joolz aer in taupe. I love it but it does get so dirty, although I blame the grandparents! And it’s toddler age so eating and drinking in it, I think newborn stages are probably fine. The Joolz now comes with a carry cot so I was thinking of buying the cot and using this instead of the icandy this time.
I just took all the buggy apart to clean it and found the basket was really dirty with rain and dirt splashes but this looks ok if the basket part is black.

Last edited:

yankydoo

Chatty Member
thank you! I can definitely notice a bump already and ordered some maternity cycling shorts they are soo comfy! I’ve got a couple of bigger dresses for the evenings too and will try to squeeze into my bikinis from last year 🤣
Where did you get the cycling shorts from please?

Bingobango

Mine were very one day on, one day off too. I liked to think the bad days were a growth spurt and the normal days were baby just being cosy and happy. Mine definitely ramped up from 7 weeks onwards. Try not to worry, just remind yourself you’re currently pregnant and there’s nothing wrong ❤
Thank you for that. I really like that way of thinking. Going to remind myself whenever I feel like this.

Amylaauren

16 week midwife appointment checked off the list ✅ my blood pressure reading was much better and no sign of protein in urine yet so hoping that means things will be ok (I have high BMI so I’m always a bit wary of appointments and something being off kilter). Heard baby on the Doppler too. I just want someone to scan/doppler me every day 😍😍
when did you receive your appointment? I’m 13 weeks and still not had mine through yet but I go on holiday in 3 weeks!