Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bumblebee2019

Yeah there’s not a chance I’m going, there was a way to go about it and slating me saying no one should be asking me anyway was probably not the way to get my buy in on this. She knows I was in hospital two days ago & in a lot of pain currently with my stomach… but keeps on at me regardless. But as she’s made clear, it’s not about me! She’s deflecting a lot of her current life into me, but pick someone else not your pregnant “daughter”. It’s just making me a lot more aware of things, at this rate I won’t tell anyone on that side when I go into labour or have the baby.
Sorry you’re going through this, you and your baby definitely don’t need the stress of it all. Taking yourself away from the drama and focussing on those who really care is the best plan ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
I just search whatever it is I’m after at the moment daily, so it went from ‘next to me’ then I decided I specifically wanted ‘Snuzpod’ so that, then ‘Baby Bjorn Bouncer’ ‘Moses basket’ and most recently ‘Mamaroo’. I don’t really do the categories! Then I just refresh like a weirdo constantly from my recently searched 😂 I have it on 20km from my area, my poor boyfriend. I think I’m done for the most part now as my last purchases are hygeine items such a baby bottles etc that I definitely want new. You’re from around Trafford aren’t you? Theres a good Mamaroo going in Altrincham for £50 😂.

I’d be doing nursery furniture too but think we’re going to finance new.
Thank you! I'm eyeing up a snuzpod 4 for £50. Next thing will be a bottle sterilising machine thing but I've done zero research yet on which one I think would be best.

shadowofdoubt

VIP Member
So many people I’ve spoken to keep saying to me “whatever you do don’t let them induce you” because they’ve had really negative experiences and it is making me so anxious 😩 I wish they’d just not say anything even though I know they’re only trying to help. I’ve already been told I’m at risk of pre term labour due to a problem with my placenta and it’s unlikely I’ll be allowed to go full term as there’s a risk of rupture, so I’m hardly going to decline an induction if it’s going to be the safest option for me and baby. One thing I’ve found since being pregnant is nobody wants to tell you their positive experiences 😂
Only just seen this and haven’t caught up but I was induced with my first because my waters went early & then he decided to poo on day 10 so had to come out, I was the exact same as you and scared because of what other people had said - I cried when the consultant was explaining everything but I promise you mine couldn’t of been any better. I was induced at 10.30pm and had him in my arms by 9am the next day! I always tell people about it now cos I’d never heard good induction stories either but honestly, if I could have that all over again for my second I’d be so happy 😂 xx

• Heart

AL10

VIP Member
It also depends on your BMI, at my booking appt I got prescribed a higher dose of folic acid to take throughout my pregnancy. I think the guidance depends on your other health characteristics
Yeah I’m aware as I have a higher BMI, I was just saying what I was told like everyone else😂

I’m a bit worried now I’m not taking the right things

ASAnigel

VIP Member
had my booking at 10 weeks and my 12 week scan at hospital but then my rest will be with community as I’m out of area!
I’m out of area for mine too - do you have your notes?
my booking appointment came through by post as did my scan - then between bloods and scan they text me to come in for my notes.
So then when I took my notes to my scan (mine are physical not digital) when I went down for the blood test following the scan they wrote my next appointment (16 weeks) in there for me. Then since then all mine have been booked at an appointment for the next one.
I also know people who have the notes by app say they never get notified of their appointments they just have to scroll through there to find it.

Hamburglar

VIP Member
I was just going to say this!!! They should absolutely not use ‘you’ll get your figure back’ to possibly impressionable women who are already upset and worried over their body. It’s disgusting. Use genuine health benefits 🤯
A few people have said this to me, but then friends who have breastfed have all said that the extra calories it burns made them starving so they just ended up eating more 🤣

• Haha

Keera

VIP Member
I haven’t even had my first midwife appt yet but I’ve just got a text telling me I have an appt with obstetrics? Is that normal!?
I’m not sure if you already had an appt for this but in my last pregnancy I got a text for my 12 wk scan with fetal medicine/obstetrics before I got the appt for my booking in appt with the midwife! It didn’t say it was for the scan just an appointment but I worked it out from the dates.

George01

Chatty Member
Can anybody recommend any good maternity pyjamas? They all either look like something my nan would wear or they’re about £40 which I just can’t justify for something I’m not even gonna wear out and will only use for a few months
Last time I got this style from ASOS and sized up and they where dead comfy, still wear them now and ordered more
Screenshot_20240511_221500_ASOS.jpg

• Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Baby Watermelon was born this morning at 1:27am via emergency c section. She’s absolutely perfect, only 5lb1oz. Looks just like her big brother. We’re in love with her 🥰
Oh I’m so happy for you! Congratulations lovely! 🥰 Hope you’re both doing okay xxx

• Heart

Lioness1

Chatty Member
Sorry if I’m being dumb but can someone explain why people are so freaked out by this? Is it because the taste is bad or something else?
Everyone always said it was horrible and really syrupy. I don’t know if they’ve maybe changed it now but I had an orange drink, kinda like a capri Sun and it was kept it a fridge really cold so I found it was ok. Same as @raspberryjuice combined with the HG it can be bad because you generally can’t keep a sip of water down without bringing it back up? Thankfully I was 36 weeks when I had to get it so I was better by then.

• Heart

Lioness1

Chatty Member
The one perk of a September due date is baby being the oldest in the school year… but I just keep thinking I bet he’ll come at the end of August or something instead lol, my uncle was born 31st August so was always the youngest at school by far
We are different in Scotland - school year runs on birthdays from March - Feb. My 3 year old is a March baby and was planned for a March baby so he would be one of the oldest in the school year. This September baby will be middle of the year.

• Heart

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
how far along are you now? We didn’t get to hear the heartbeat at 16 weeks, but did last week at 22 weeks. It was very faint, she struggled to find it and had to move around a lot to get it more clear.
I’ll be 17+3 when I see the midwife next week. Ah ok, I’ll see what she can do!

ASAnigel

VIP Member
Thanks for that! I had my first baby in a different country so it’s all new again 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 x
Honestly I like to be prepared for stuff and know what to expect from appointments etc so I did reading/asking to try and find out and it was all totally useless cause my trust didn’t do it that way 🤣
My maternity services have a non-urgent online chat that you can access as soon as you’ve done your referral - I asked there about my notes cause I was surprised I didn’t have them and they were really helpful.
might be worth having a google to see if your area has something similar 😊

Amylaauren

Just had 12 week scan. All ok! I know women have been having babies since the beginning of time but it still baffles my brain how we can grow a whole human inside of us. Seeing it wriggling around in there was surreal.
Mine is Monday and I’m soo excited!