Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the weird intrusive questions would stop when I was no longer pregnant but I’ve just been in to work for a meeting (5 days after having a baby/major surgery, cheers big boss 🙄) and among other things was asked if my milk was in, how my bleeding was, if I’d managed to poo yet, if my nipples are sore….! I find it weird enough when my family and friends ask stuff like this but the random women in the office was definitely crossing a line. They’re not even my team, I only see these people every 6/8 weeks when we have meetings with the day team.
Laughalong said:
Got bored and did my AI baby on an app with pics of me and my bf. Would not mind the finished result 🤣 although the girl came out EXACTLY how I dreamed… and as we all know (as I keep saying) it’s not a girl 🤭 I’ll take the boy! But put a pin in it if that’s my girl, I’ll keep going until my uterus shuts down xxx
They’re super cute!! What’s the app? I’ll put me and Mr R on it and see if the result is close to Baby R 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 7
At that stage of pregnancy where I’m questioning every tiny little niggle or feeling. Woke up with a bit of cramping this morning and couldn’t decide whether it meant something might be happening or if I just need a poo 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
At that stage of pregnancy where I’m questioning every tiny little niggle or feeling. Woke up with a bit of cramping this morning and couldn’t decide whether it meant something might be happening or if I just need a poo 🤣
That’s how I spent the last month 😂 even things like having no appetite one day id google it and be like “that’s a sign!!”

• Haha
Reactions: 1
On my July FB group someone just put a post up saying "baby stuck his hand through my cervix, it's baby day" and it's given me the absolute fear. I CANNOT go into labour naturally it scares me so much! She seems so relaxed about it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
On my July FB group someone just put a post up saying "baby stuck his hand through my cervix, it's baby day" and it's given me the absolute fear. I CANNOT go into labour naturally it scares me so much! She seems so relaxed about it.
sorry, baby did WHAT?!!?!? 😂 I think I'm very naïve to what's to come I'm trying not to think about the fact I've actually got to get him out

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've been having some really weird, vivid dreams since finding out I'm pregnant and now I'm scared that tonight's dream will be about a little hand popping out of me to say hi 😂

• Haha
I thought the weird intrusive questions would stop when I was no longer pregnant but I’ve just been in to work for a meeting (5 days after having a baby/major surgery, cheers big boss 🙄) and among other things was asked if my milk was in, how my bleeding was, if I’d managed to poo yet, if my nipples are sore….! I find it weird enough when my family and friends ask stuff like this but the random women in the office was definitely crossing a line. They’re not even my team, I only see these people every 6/8 weeks when we have meetings with the day team.

They’re super cute!! What’s the app? I’ll put me and Mr R on it and see if the result is close to Baby R 😂
It was this one! I had to do a free trial which I immediately cancelled (fallen victim to “I’ll do it later” before and it’s cost me) so just remember to if you’re gonna do it 😂.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
All good at my 12 week scan! I’m actually 13 week 3 days and had all my checks for downs etc. starting to feel a bit more real now 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 24
My MIL is basically going to move in with us closer to the time to have the toddler and dog. I went from 4cm at 9am to fully dilated at midday and baby born at 2pm last time. My midwife this time was like CALL TRIAGE THE MINUTE YOU FEEL ANYTHING 😂
Haha pretty much the same! I called and was told first baby it won’t be anything because I had no pain, waters didn’t break and no bleeding, just a stiff back. Went in at 10am and was already 4cm so straight to the labour ward and baby was born half 1:30. I’m just hoping this time it’s in the morning again and not during the night! I always assumed I’d go into labour through the night for some reason!
---
We are finding out and ever since I have announced my pregnancy people have already started to ask if we know and if we will find out. I do like the idea of a surprise but I don't have the will power to wait. Also, some people have already said things like "if it's a boy make sure you try straight away for a girl." People are strange! Maybe I want only one or two of the same? What is it to them?!

@Amylaauren Good luck with the scan!
I have a boy, we found out with him but this time we haven’t found out so far and all everyone keeps saying is “I hope it’s a girl this time” what’s wrong with two boys? I’m pretty convinced it’s a boy and will be happy with two boy besties!!

• Heart
People keep asking when I’m due, I give a vague end of X month & they want to know the exact date. Drives me mad. I don’t need the million messages asking if baby is here yet, etc.

Two things I find people love to give unsolicited advice on are pregnancy/babies & dogs.
Add a week or two onto your actual due date, and hopefully you’ll give birth before then 🤣 I’m going to lie about my due date next time for this very reason!!

I have a boy, we found out with him but this time we haven’t found out so far and all everyone keeps saying is “I hope it’s a girl this time” what’s wrong with two boys? I’m pretty convinced it’s a boy and will be happy with two boy besties!!
Omg I'm having another boy and people ask if I'm gutted and if I really wanted a girl? I was like no I actually wanted another boy 😂 no one believes you when you say that though they think it's everyone's dream to have a daughter.
People ask me if I'll keep trying for a girl too, I'm like nope getting my tubes tied hopefully!
So annoying when people say stuff like that to me, like I can't possibly be happy as a boy mum 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Add a week or two onto your actual due date, and hopefully you’ll give birth before then 🤣 I’m going to lie about my due date next time for this very reason!!
if we ever have another I’ll be stealing this idea, and using an exact made up date, thanks 😂

with my 1st I just kept telling my mum I was due at the end of feb. But I still got the ‘but when’ constantly. Then my waters broke at the end of the January so I had baby 3 weeks early and no one got to bother me with the ‘is he here yet’ anyway 😂

It was this one! I had to do a free trial which I immediately cancelled (fallen victim to “I’ll do it later” before and it’s cost me) so just remember to if you’re gonna do it 😂.
I've just given it a go and oh my god, how adorable?!
1715610518762.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 9
29 weeks FTM and just told today I've tested positive for gestational diabetes. Was kinda expecting it as I have PCOS. Feeling so down in the dumps now as I'm already struggling to eat as I've no appetite but I've been making myself eat. Cereal was the only thing I could tolerate in the mornings but will now need to change that.

My appointment with the dietician and to get set up with an at home blood test monitoring machine is on Thursday. Does anyone have any recommendations for apps to look up foods which are okay? I've spent most of the day reading stuff but curious if others know of any good apps?

• Heart
Shouldn’t moan about FB marketplace after the free bouncer the other day but I do hate when people start to reply then stop. Or just don’t. I know how annoying it is, because when I sold/gave a lot away during a house move it made me hate my life but I wish people would just take the seconds to be like “It’s gone”. My real gripe is the ones that reply then just stop though. Can I have it?!

Reactions: 4
29 weeks FTM and just told today I've tested positive for gestational diabetes. Was kinda expecting it as I have PCOS. Feeling so down in the dumps now as I'm already struggling to eat as I've no appetite but I've been making myself eat. Cereal was the only thing I could tolerate in the mornings but will now need to change that.

My appointment with the dietician and to get set up with an at home blood test monitoring machine is on Thursday. Does anyone have any recommendations for apps to look up foods which are okay? I've spent most of the day reading stuff but curious if others know of any good apps?
Hi, I’m also 29w FTM with GD.

My biggest advice is to join the Gestational Diabetes UK Facebook group. There’s loads of recipes on their website and you can search for things you want and see what people have asked for it.

I don’t know any apps but remember you still need carbs - try whole meal pasta etc and pair with fats and protein - eggs, cheese, avocado etc.

I think a lot of people struggle with cereal - it’s a bit trial and error when you start

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.