Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I booked in my 16 week one at my 10 week appt, and today booked in the next one, and so on. I’d definitely call and ask for it to be confirmed as there are checks they need to do at each stage and if you need to be referred to any other depts it can take weeks!
Thank you! My email says if I haven’t heard anything by 14 weeks to call them, my GP has sent a referral but it’s under community so still waiting for them to send me an appointment. Can guarantee it’s when I’m not around haha

Is there a number you can call? They gave me my 16 week appt at my booking appt.

I'm having a panic about maternity leave. I want to take 12 months off but I think I'll have to go back after 9 and already (at only almost 13 weeks pregnant), I feel sad.
I'm going back after 9 aswell, with my first I went back after 6 months cos that's when my full pay stops, this time I'm taking the extra 3 months on SMP but then that stops, I feel the exact same as you! Going back is so so hard but it deffo makes me appreciate the time I have with my son even more.
The best advice I have is not to countdown to going back to work cos I deffo did that with my first and it made everything less enjoyable

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m having a panic about maternity leave. I want to take 12 months off but I think I'll have to go back after 9 and already (at only almost 13 weeks pregnant), I feel sad.
Tell me about it. I can definitely afford the 9, but my boyfriend has a job interview this week for a job that means we’d be able to afford the 12… so no pressure but there’s a lot of pressure on it in reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Tell me about it. I can definitely afford the 9, but my boyfriend has a job interview this week for a job that means we’d be able to afford the 12… so no pressure but there’s a lot of pressure on it in reality.
All the good luck for your boyfriends interview ❤

Is there a number you can call? They gave me my 16 week appt at my booking appt.

I'm having a panic about maternity leave. I want to take 12 months off but I think I'll have to go back after 9 and already (at only almost 13 weeks pregnant), I feel sad.
Can you add on holidays to the end to make it last a bit longer ? I’m hoping I can use my KIT days and that I may get a bonus after the SMP finishes to keep me going to get the year. Trying to save now but it’s hard when they need so much buying !

Reactions: 1
Thank you! My email says if I haven’t heard anything by 14 weeks to call them, my GP has sent a referral but it’s under community so still waiting for them to send me an appointment. Can guarantee it’s when I’m not around haha
Hang on, have you not had any appts yet?

All the good luck for your boyfriends interview ❤
Thank you! I appreciate it. He’s quite good in the sense he isn’t really willing to settle until that’s possible for us, whether it’s a salary increase at this one or a new job. And the lazy girl in me cannot WAIT to cut down to four days a week at work which is also happening on my return to work as promised.

Have many people changed their working pattern after having kids? I just can’t go back on five. It’s not in the plans for me. The idea is that I’m actually going to leave my job too, and find one that’s a lot less effort on four days a week. The dream would be something term time only, but that might be pushing the boat a little bit straight away. Ah, just make me a full time housewife already Mr Laugh.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you! I appreciate it. He’s quite good in the sense he isn’t really willing to settle until that’s possible for us, whether it’s a salary increase at this one or a new job. And the lazy girl in my cannot WAIT to cut down to four days a week at work which is also happening on my return to work as promised.

Have many people changed their working pattern after having kids? I just can’t go back on five. It’s not in the plans for me. The idea is that I’m actually going to leave my job too, and find one that’s a lot less effort on four days a week. The dream would be something term time only, but that might be pushing the boat a little bit straight away. Ah, just make me a full time housewife already Mr Laugh.
I changed my shifts, so I work 4 days a week now, my day off is midweek which I really like because it's like a mini weekend for me haha.
I stretched my hours though so still full time working 8-5 or 5.30. Although I work from home so also just cram all my work in before 3.30 then hang round with my kid occasionally moving my mouse for the last 2 hours 😂😂😂
I honestly don't know why my partner isn't a millionaire yet so I can live the life i deserve 😂

• Haha
I changed my shifts, so I work 4 days a week now, my day off is midweek which I really like because it's like a mini weekend for me haha.
I stretched my hours though so still full time working 8-5 or 5.30. Although I work from home so also just cram all my work in before 3.30 then hang round with my kid occasionally moving my mouse for the last 2 hours 😂😂😂
I honestly don't know why my partner isn't a millionaire yet so I can live the life i deserve 😂
The idea of having children to just have to send them to nursery makes me so sad. Like it’s the reality for basically everyone isn’t it 😂 which I know is good for them too in many ways, but really I’d love to only work like 2 days a week as my ideal balance. Or none 🤭

Guys they messed up my 12 week scan (next week) and called yesterday to ask if I could come in this afternoon instead as they’d had a cancellation and I am SO NERVOUS 😢

I know I only saw them 10 days ago and all was fine but this one feels like a much bigger deal with all the checks and confirmed due dates and probably confirmed consultant appointments etc

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The idea of having children to just have to send them to nursery makes me so sad. Like it’s the reality for basically everyone isn’t it 😂 which I know is good for them too in many ways, but really I’d love to only work like 2 days a week as my ideal balance. Or none 🤭
I want to drop 1/2 days a week but not sure how accommodating work will be with that!

Omg I know! I always think this about nursery. I'm lucky my mum has my son and she has him in my house so I'm really not missing out at all, but I really feel for people who have to send babies to nursery full time! My 2 year old only started mornings in nursery in April, I cried every day 😂😂
No matter how many times I hint my partner still isn't understanding my need to be not working, he's so rude and selfish sometimes hahahahaha

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Guys they messed up my 12 week scan (next week) and called yesterday to ask if I could come in this afternoon instead as they’d had a cancellation and I am SO NERVOUS 😢

I know I only saw them 10 days ago and all was fine but this one feels like a much bigger deal with all the checks and confirmed due dates and probably confirmed consultant appointments etc
Omg no see it as a positive instead it’s an exciting appointment not scary!!! It’s so nice to have everything confirmed, it’ll all feel more real in a lovely way. Best of luck xxx

had my booking at 10 weeks and my 12 week scan at hospital but then my rest will be with community as I’m out of area!
Ahh I see, sorry! At least you’re on the system then 😂 I’d defo try and call and email and let them know you’ll be away so need to make sure it’s booked in.

Sending love! So exciting for you all ❤

Omg I know! I always think this about nursery. I'm lucky my mum has my son and she has him in my house so I'm really not missing out at all, but I really feel for people who have to send babies to nursery full time! My 2 year old only started mornings in nursery in April, I cried every day 😂😂
No matter how many times I hint my partner still isn't understanding my need to be not working, he's so rude and selfish sometimes hahahahaha
I’m really struggling with what to do as well, we are very lucky I can take 12 months off work and then hope to go back part time. I WFH full time and can be really flexible with it. My husband does too but also travels with work a few times a month. My in laws live about 5 mins away and would always offer to help. I don’t want to put baby into any kind of daycare/nursery unless I need to and it feels like a waste of money. I’d quite like baby to go to some kind of cute nursery school but they need to be 18-24 months to go to those. I’m not sure if we can muddle through for 6 months or if it’ll just be crazy trying to actually work and not have any formal daycare arrangements…
---

It’ll be amazing and wonderful 💖💖💖

• Heart

Hope it all goes ok! xx

Can you add on holidays to the end to make it last a bit longer ? I’m hoping I can use my KIT days and that I may get a bonus after the SMP finishes to keep me going to get the year. Trying to save now but it’s hard when they need so much buying !
I'll be incorporating my holidays into the maternity leave but my husband gets months of full paid paternity leave so we are thinking in order to maximise the money coming in I should go back sooner and he can take his leave once I am back. I can't imagine him home all day with a baby 😂

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.