Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else had a numb bump? 34+2 and the skin at the top of my bump is so numb all day, like pins & needs to touch šŸ«£ Nothing to worry about according to Google, just the skin stretching but feels sooooo weird šŸ¤£

Reactions: 1
I just search whatever it is Iā€™m after at the moment daily, so it went from ā€˜next to meā€™ then I decided I specifically wanted ā€˜Snuzpodā€™ so that, then ā€˜Baby Bjorn Bouncerā€™ ā€˜Moses basketā€™ and most recently ā€˜Mamarooā€™. I donā€™t really do the categories! Then I just refresh like a weirdo constantly from my recently searched šŸ˜‚ I have it on 20km from my area, my poor boyfriend. I think Iā€™m done for the most part now as my last purchases are hygeine items such a baby bottles etc that I definitely want new. Youā€™re from around Trafford arenā€™t you? Theres a good Mamaroo going in Altrincham for Ā£50 šŸ˜‚.

Iā€™d be doing nursery furniture too but think weā€™re going to finance new.
Thank you! I'm eyeing up a snuzpod 4 for Ā£50. Next thing will be a bottle sterilising machine thing but I've done zero research yet on which one I think would be best.

Iā€™d be doing nursery furniture too but think weā€™re going to finance new.
If youā€™re going to spend a bit, get a decent size wardrobe thatā€™ll see them through. Mini kids ones really donā€™t last long in my experience for the money, always needed more outfit hanging space.
It depends how much drawer space you have but stuff like pram suits and puddle suits take up loads. Then if you want to put their sleep bags, blankets, bed sheets, muslins, change mat covers, hats, booties, hooded towels, etc in their room too you quickly fill the drawers with non clothes type stuff.

Reactions: 2
šŸšØšŸšØ Just going to put it out there that I hope everyone whoā€™s done that AI app cancelled their trial, or does now. Iā€™m gonna look like a fraud whoā€™s made that app a load of money today šŸ¤£
---
If youā€™re going to spend a bit, get a decent size wardrobe thatā€™ll see them through. Mini kids ones really donā€™t last long in my experience for the money, always needed more outfit hanging space.
It depends how much drawer space you have but stuff like pram suits and puddle suits take up loads. Then if you want to put their sleep bags, blankets, bed sheets, muslins, change mat covers, hats, booties, hooded towels, etc in their room too you quickly fill the drawers with non clothes type stuff.
Definitely worth considering thank you. I have considered doing the Ikea Hemnes 6 drawers as I think they look nice, but itā€™s a fair whack from Ikea new and my issue with buying them from FB is we donā€™t have a van or anyone with one, so getting one sorted would basically cost the difference. Also I did ideally want all my stuff to be uniform in a light oak colour. Itā€™s my last big headache to deal with. Also a really good point on where am I putting non-clothing baby stuff. Our house is shocking for storage.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Has anyone else had a numb bump? 34+2 and the skin at the top of my bump is so numb all day, like pins & needs to touch šŸ«£ Nothing to worry about according to Google, just the skin stretching but feels sooooo weird šŸ¤£
I did toward the end of my first pregnancy, felt like a combination of burning and numbness, I used to get my husband to stand behind and lift bump a little to ease it šŸ˜‚
Youā€™ve reminded whatā€™s to come second time round šŸ˜…

Iā€™ve seen a baby bjorn bouncer on marketplace for Ā£80 so donā€™t know whether to take that or just get a new one. My MIL keeps moaning at us to send her a list of things we need, but I think we have pretty much everything. My husbands gran runs a secondhand thing in a little church and someone she knows has given her a brand new swing, sheā€™s kept that aside for us but have no idea which one it is.

one thing on my list is a changing bag! We just used a cheap Aldi one last time, I donā€™t know what to get this time.

• Heart
My induction has been cancelled 2 days in a row now, 2 days sat in hospital all day with a cannula in my hand for nothing. So fed up and down now but trying to picture my baby girl and this time next week it will all be forgotten hopefully šŸ«£šŸ¤£šŸ„°

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
My induction has been cancelled 2 days in a row now, 2 days sat in hospital all day with a cannula in my hand for nothing. So fed up and down now but trying to picture my baby girl and this time next week it will all be forgotten hopefully šŸ«£šŸ¤£šŸ„°
Ah bless you youā€™ve been waiting so long. Soon sheā€™ll be here and all of this waiting will be a distant memory x

Iā€™m glad you said this! We were looking at nursery sets and couldnā€™t believe how small all the wardrobes were, they wonā€™t last long or store much! So we ended up just going for a 3 door normal wardrobe and matching chest of drawers which will do him as he gets older and itā€™ll be easy to find a cot that goes well with it!

• Heart
Oh no how annoying. I hope youā€™re doing okay, just a few more days and baby girl is here!
---
Iā€™m glad you said this! We were looking at nursery sets and couldnā€™t believe how small all the wardrobes were, they wonā€™t last long or store much! So we ended up just going for a 3 door normal wardrobe and matching chest of drawers which will do him as he gets older and itā€™ll be easy to find a cot that goes well with it!
We didnā€™t buy a baby wardrobe either - Iā€™m going to get fitted at some point and then have the drawers

• Heart
Iā€™ve seen a baby bjorn bouncer on marketplace for Ā£80 so donā€™t know whether to take that or just get a new one. My MIL keeps moaning at us to send her a list of things we need, but I think we have pretty much everything. My husbands gran runs a secondhand thing in a little church and someone she knows has given her a brand new swing, sheā€™s kept that aside for us but have no idea which one it is.

one thing on my list is a changing bag! We just used a cheap Aldi one last time, I donā€™t know what to get this time.
Have a look on Vinted. I got one for Ā£40 in really good nick!

16 week midwife appointment checked off the list āœ… my blood pressure reading was much better and no sign of protein in urine yet so hoping that means things will be ok (I have high BMI so Iā€™m always a bit wary of appointments and something being off kilter). Heard baby on the Doppler too. I just want someone to scan/doppler me every day šŸ˜šŸ˜

• Heart
Reactions: 11
16 week midwife appointment checked off the list āœ… my blood pressure reading was much better and no sign of protein in urine yet so hoping that means things will be ok (I have high BMI so Iā€™m always a bit wary of appointments and something being off kilter). Heard baby on the Doppler too. I just want someone to scan/doppler me every day šŸ˜šŸ˜
when did you receive your appointment? Iā€™m 13 weeks and still not had mine through yet but I go on holiday in 3 weeks!

when did you receive your appointment? Iā€™m 13 weeks and still not had mine through yet but I go on holiday in 3 weeks!
I normally book my midwife appointment at the previous one so I would have booked 16 (I was 17) at my booking appointment.

Have you checked online notes ?

Reactions: 3
Yes I booked in my 16 week one at my 10 week appt, and today booked in the next one, and so on. Iā€™d definitely call and ask for it to be confirmed as there are checks they need to do at each stage and if you need to be referred to any other depts it can take weeks!

Is anybody elseā€™s camera roll just filled with videos of your bare belly šŸ˜‚ boyfriend is sick to death of me running in ā€œwatch how big of a kick he just didā€

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Is anybody elseā€™s camera roll just filled with videos of your bare belly šŸ˜‚ boyfriend is sick to death of me running in ā€œwatch how big of a kick he just didā€
Yes! But also its videos of nothing happening cos as soon as I get my phone out he stops kicking šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Mine decides not to kick whenever I get my phone out or whenever my partner tries to feel. So I end up deleting a load of videos that I try and take! Little monkey!

• Haha
im under community so waiting for them to contact me šŸ˜©
Is there a number you can call? They gave me my 16 week appt at my booking appt.

I'm having a panic about maternity leave. I want to take 12 months off but I think I'll have to go back after 9 and already (at only almost 13 weeks pregnant), I feel sad.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.