Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've read good reviews but also see it a lot on 'baby items I regret buying' lists.
Some babies don't like motion or swaddling, some will simply not be put down anywhere, some sleep through from a few days and sleep anywhere, some will get used to certain sleep cues then when you remove them (say when they get too big for the snoo) will struggle to sleep. It's a risky imo to purchase before you know. Unless you have vast financial resources, at over a grand for 6 months-ish, well, you can get a next 2 me and shusher and/or rockit for £200 then maybe look at it if you find baby is really unsettled, loves motion etc and you think it'll work for them based on what they like.

Mine slept through in a second hand next2me from about 6 weeks..... until the 4 month regression and they never slept through again for years not matter what 😭 but remember sleep isn't linear. Babies aren't supposed to sleep through. Momfluencers have a lot to answer for, especially the ones who share their 'tips to get my baby to sleep through' to make money from aff links but don't actually update when baby suddenly stops sleeping. Of course you do what you can to settle them but I personally believe it's 90% luck.
Thanks so much. I have read that even the Rockit can create a rod for your own back in that baby will then only sleep with it on. So I imagine the snoo could carry the same risk. A few people are selling them on FB near me for about £400 so I was considering it.. I’ll mull it over a bit more

Reactions: 2
Oh stop 🙈 don’t say that hahaha hospital is 20 mins drive from me. Will be sprinting out the door at every twinge now 😂
I know, they broke my waters though and it just went fast from then on. So wasn’t completely out of the blue that I’d start active labour so try not to worry over it! They did say it doesn’t usually happen that fast so mine wasn’t normal 😂

Oh! I’m also a bit worried about this, my first labour was 3 hours and that was all fine and well. We went to the hospital and didn’t tell a soul until baby was born, wasn’t even sure I was actually in labour! Now this time I’m worried if I go into labour, I’ll need to wait on someone coming to watch my toddler or take him to someone. What if I don’t have time to wait on them? 😂
My MIL is basically going to move in with us closer to the time to have the toddler and dog. I went from 4cm at 9am to fully dilated at midday and baby born at 2pm last time. My midwife this time was like CALL TRIAGE THE MINUTE YOU FEEL ANYTHING 😂

Reactions: 1
Thanks so much. I have read that even the Rockit can create a rod for your own back in that baby will then only sleep with it on. So I imagine the snoo could carry the same risk. A few people are selling them on FB near me for about £400 so I was considering it.. I’ll mull it over a bit more
I'd imagine it's have a higher resale value than a standard bedside sleeper so less concerning financially if it didn't work for you at that price which is a plus.

In general, sort of but sort of not related, I hate how hard it is to discern what actually works and what is preying on desperate parents in a world where influencers are paid to promote and reviews can be faked.

Different level entirely but I saw some bands on Amazon earlier, to restrain a child's head and stop them flopping forward while asleep in a car seat. Sponsored post. They've actually killed children by strangulation and shouldn't be allowed but you'd never know from the reviews or unless you'd seen the news reports.
I was in the very first pregnancy threads here on tattle and I remember someone wanting to know which baby pillow to buy. People were like 'Nooooooo!' and initially they were quite defiant that they wouldn't be sold if they weren't safe or necessary. It led to the conversation about cot bumpers and lots of people had purchased them too. And car seats that only get tested at 30MPH. It's an absolute minefield.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Why do they do that?! Why do they tell their mum like it’s primary school!? Honest to god.
No way would I be pregnant, on holiday with other people, in this weather, in a caravan, so you’re miles bloody better than me! So sorry you’re feeling crappy and overwhelmed, they have no idea at all do they 🤦🏼‍♀️ when you just want them to say “is there anything I can do help?” But instead they say something stupid and it just blows up xxx
Omg I know it really upset me that they know our business!
Tbh the only reason I came is because it’s probably our only holiday before the baby comes 😂 Awh thank you so much ❤ I really appreciate that!
Yeah exactly it was soo unnecessary and all I wanted was a cuddle and some reassurance.
Mr 10 has apologised and realised how much I was struggling and we ended up having a really good evening together and won some good stuff at the arcade for my stepson and a cheeky thing for myself haha! Xxx

IMG_7221.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I had my antenatal class today, a full day one from 10am until 4pm and it was super helpful but the most painful ice breakers and group activities. I know some people are all for that but just found it all a bit awks, especially having to stand in front of the whole group to demonstrate things 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Silly question. When does first trimester end and second start? NHS says end of week 12, beginning of week 13. But some apps say end of 13, beginning of 14?

Reactions: 1
Silly question. When does first trimester end and second start? NHS says end of week 12, beginning of week 13. But some apps say end of 13, beginning of 14?
I go by NHS. So second trimester starts at 13w0 and third at 28w0

Reactions: 2
I have my 12 week scan today! Excited but always a little nervous.
has anybody not found out the gender? We have no intentions in finding out and I love the surprise but everybody who we’ve told have been horrified 🤣 it makes absolutely no difference to us! Hate that everyone always has an opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
has anybody not found out the gender? We have no intentions in finding out and I love the surprise but everybody who we’ve told have been horrified 🤣 it makes absolutely no difference to us! Hate that everyone always has an opinion.
we didn’t find out the gender with our first and it was the BEST EVER! I loved how much it triggered people when it was literally none of their business 🤣

Having my husband announce the gender to me teary eyed is one of my favourite memories of all time 🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We aren’t finding out the gender ☺ I have my suspicions and my gut is very very strongly leaning one way, but will wait until little one is here to find out.
Yes lots of opinions here too! Mainly from Mr Shark who really wants to find out, but we have both already so either way it will be a lovely surprise.

• Heart
We haven’t found out the gender.. 28 weeks so have to more careful now when we have scans to make sure to tell them we don’t want to know. When I had the NIPT the nurse asked and when I said we wanted to wait she said I was the only person she met all week that didn’t want to know.. seem to be in the minority but I like not knowing 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How exciting! Hope it all goes well :)

I do know what I'm having but I kind of wish I hadn't have found out! My partner really wanted to know so we did but I'd have been quite happy waiting, all the people I know who haven't found out have said that it's so lovely in the delivery room when you finally know!

I don't know why anyone thinks they have a right to an opinion! It literally doesn't affect them whether you have a boy or girl or whether you find out in advance! People are so strange when it comes to other peoples pregnancies 😂

• Heart
How exciting! Hope it all goes well :)

I do know what I'm having but I kind of wish I hadn't have found out! My partner really wanted to know so we did but I'd have been quite happy waiting, all the people I know who haven't found out have said that it's so lovely in the delivery room when you finally know!

I don't know why anyone thinks they have a right to an opinion! It literally doesn't affect them whether you have a boy or girl or whether you find out in advance! People are so strange when it comes to other peoples pregnancies 😂
People are so strange aren’t they, when I tell people that we don’t know, most are a bit shocked.. but thankfully apart from that I haven’t had many weird comments.. Apart from my mum saying my ankles are massive.. but she’s not wrong. Thankfully they go down every evening., and really only swell when I’ve been on my feet all day.. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We did find out (because we both really wanted to!) and STILL had people giving an opinion. At work the days before my 20 week scan I had people trying to convince me to not find out, you can’t win either way 😂 the joy of pregnancy and I’m sure preparation for everyone’s opinion of our parenting!

• Heart
I love the idea of not finding out the gender til baby is born, it must be so magical to find out from your partner or as baby is passed to you, but the control freak in me can't handle not having gender specific items ready and waiting before baby is born.

On another note, when does the urge to eat absolutely everything in sight end?! I've gone from being someone with a tiny appetite, to non-stop eating and still being hungry after every meal 😅

• Heart
We are finding out and ever since I have announced my pregnancy people have already started to ask if we know and if we will find out. I do like the idea of a surprise but I don't have the will power to wait. Also, some people have already said things like "if it's a boy make sure you try straight away for a girl." People are strange! Maybe I want only one or two of the same? What is it to them?!

@Amylaauren Good luck with the scan!

• Heart
I’d have loved to not have found out what we were having both times but I’m TOO nosey 🤣🤣 The not knowing would have killed me the entire
pregnancy 😂

• Haha
People ask so many weird questions when you’re pregnant! I find it so weird - with all the opinions too! People trying to guess the name (doesn’t have one!), complaining that I’ve been hiding bump, calculating the day we conceived. It’s so bizarre !

I’m really surprised at how many didn’t find out! It’s also my first, I think maybe if we were lucky to have another I’d probably find out but who knows!
thanks everybody 🥰
---
People ask so many weird questions when you’re pregnant! I find it so weird - with all the opinions too! People trying to guess the name (doesn’t have one!), complaining that I’ve been hiding bump, calculating the day we conceived. It’s so bizarre !
my boyfriends dad asked if it was planned. Mortifying 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.