Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I
I’m a July baby and have always loved my birthday as it’s summer and breaks up the year . I always wanted a May-July baby but have ended up with a November one. Due date is 20th and am hoping it doesn’t go into December as I don’t want it to have a birthday diluted by Xmas!

I forgot to ask today at my appt if I should stop taking folic acid now I’m 12 weeks. NHS website says to stop but continue with Vit D. Is that what you have all done?
I’ve was told to stop the folic acid and Vit d at 12 weeks then switch to pregnancare as that has all the vitamins in it xx

Reactions: 2
I

I’ve was told to stop the folic acid and Vit d at 12 weeks then switch to pregnancare as that has all the vitamins in it xx
It also depends on your BMI, at my booking appt I got prescribed a higher dose of folic acid to take throughout my pregnancy. I think the guidance depends on your other health characteristics

Reactions: 2
It also depends on your BMI, at my booking appt I got prescribed a higher dose of folic acid to take throughout my pregnancy. I think the guidance depends on your other health characteristics
Yeah I’m aware as I have a higher BMI, I was just saying what I was told like everyone else😂

I’m a bit worried now I’m not taking the right things

Reactions: 1
I

TMI but the pregnacare made my wee fluorescent so I was pretty thankful when my consultant said I didn’t need it!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m a bit worried now I’m not taking the right things
Don’t worry! I managed about a week of pregnacare, 2 folic acid pills and 2 vitamin d pills before I couldn’t keep any down due to HG and Baby R is perfect 🥰 if you can take them, amazing but don’t panic if you haven’t managed the recommended doses. Obviously not saying to intentionally not take them I’m just saying don’t fret if you haven’t got it textbook perfect

• Heart
Reactions: 5
TMI but the pregnacare made my wee fluorescent so I was pretty thankful when my consultant said I didn’t need it!
Omg is that what it is with my wee!!!! I was like how am I this dehydrated when all I do is drink 😂😂 never once occured to me that when I don't take them (forgetful) my wee is normal hahahaha

• Haha
Don’t worry! I managed about a week of pregnacare, 2 folic acid pills and 2 vitamin d pills before I couldn’t keep any down due to HG and Baby R is perfect 🥰 if you can take them, amazing but don’t panic if you haven’t managed the recommended doses. Obviously not saying to intentionally not take them I’m just saying don’t fret if you haven’t got it textbook perfect
Omg thank you for this coz I just had a major crying breakdown that I wasn’t taking the right things xx

• Heart
Omg thank you for this coz I just had a major crying breakdown that I wasn’t taking the right things xx
Honestly please don’t worry. So many people can’t take them for whatever reason, can’t ever keep them down, miss doses, get it wrong, just don’t bother, didn’t know they were supposed to, don’t know they’re pregnant til it’s too late to make a difference etc, and we don’t see millions of babies born with issues because their mum didn’t take the vitamins to the letter of the guidelines. In an ideal world we’d all take them exactly as we should but that’s just not reality and your baby won’t come to any harm as a result of your vitamins

• Heart
Honestly please don’t worry. So many people can’t take them for whatever reason, can’t ever keep them down, miss doses, get it wrong, just don’t bother, didn’t know they were supposed to, don’t know they’re pregnant til it’s too late to make a difference etc, and we don’t see millions of babies born with issues because their mum didn’t take the vitamins to the letter of the guidelines. In an ideal world we’d all take them exactly as we should but that’s just not reality and your baby won’t come to any harm as a result of your vitamins
Thank you so much for the reassurance ❤❤ means so much!

I have a midwife but I’ve spoken to her once and that was when I first referred myself and I haven’t heard off her since as she’s been off ill so I feel very alone with it all

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Omg is that what it is with my wee!!!! I was like how am I this dehydrated when all I do is drink 😂😂 never once occured to me that when I don't take them (forgetful) my wee is normal hahahaha
It's just your body peeing out the extra vitamins etc it doesn't need.

• Heart
I always thought I wanted a September baby until my sister did, and I realised that compared to my July baby she paid for a whole extra year of nursery fees 🫣

It took me a while to work it out 😂 I remember having to show my husband my wee as it looked radioactive. I was so embarrassed having to take it to the midwife 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve been seen often at EPAU because of previous losses and issues with this pregnancy, but today I’m officially no longer under their care 🥺
I do feel a bit sad because they have been amazing, always had the time to listen and act on any concerns, I feel gutted that I no longer have that support there, the one nurse I would see has held me through a few previous losses, she was with me after a significant clotty bleed at 6w6d with this baby, and cried with me when I was scanned and the baby was still there, little heart flickering and beating.

I know care isn’t always great, we are overworked and understaffed, but there are some actual angels working in the nhs 🤍

I am so glad to see the back of those cyclogest pessaries though!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I forgot to ask today at my appt if I should stop taking folic acid now I’m 12 weeks. NHS website says to stop but continue with Vit D. Is that what you have all done?
You don’t need to take folic acid after 12 weeks because the neural tube is formed by then, but there’s also no harm in continuing it - I’ve got a stash of pregnacare multivitamins I got on 3 for 2 so I’m still taking them at 26 weeks 🙂 Vitamin D I’d continue taking unless you are out in the sun every day for at least 15 minutes with a decent amount of skin exposed (e.g. face, neck, forearms).

• Heart
I’m sure I’ve said this before on these threads but pregnacare wreaked havoc with my digestive system, when I was taking it I had an awful stomach and heartburn. My midwife suggested I stopped it and I felt much better - just in case anyone like I did thinks they’re just 1st trimester symptoms!

Reactions: 7
I’m sure I’ve said this before on these threads but pregnacare wreaked havoc with my digestive system, when I was taking it I had an awful stomach and heartburn. My midwife suggested I stopped it and I felt much better - just in case anyone like I did thinks they’re just 1st trimester symptoms!
Second this - I threw up and wet myself at the same time after taking pregnacare 🤣 which in turn made me cry my eyes out 🤦🏻‍♀️ I took some cheapo asda ones instead and got on much better with them!

32 weeks and the nausea has just hit me like a brick wall, I just suddenly feel so so so sick 🤢
Same! It’s like morning sickness is back with a vengeance except I’m actually being sick.
I’m going to ask the midwife next week if I can take the left over promethazine I had from the 1st trimester but google seems to indicate no.

I think it’s really naughty for them to promote a brand like that. Pregnacare is no better than a decent multi vit without vit A but 4x the price. Plus it makes a lot of women sick!
Honestly winds me up how the docs and midwives just make it up as they go along.
National Guidance https://www.nhs.uk/pregnancy/keeping-well/vitamins-supplements-and-nutrition/

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Can you try white noise from outside the womb? I’d really like it if this baby would go to sleep and let me sleep! Seems to have woke up and doing gymnastics in there.

Hey everyone, I’ve been lurking but finally thought I should enter the thread! I’m 7 weeks with #2 and time is going sssssoo slowly, I don’t know how I’m going to survive the next 5 weeks honestly. That and I have a 2 yo who has decided this week that she doesn’t enjoy sleep 😎

Said 2yo is a very late August baby! I’ve had comments (from a teacher no less) that this was ‘poor planning’ like ok thanks if only timing pregnancy was so easy 🤔 I like to think of the fact I’ll be paying for a year less of nursery fees!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.