Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like so much of antenatal care is just a guessing game. Called up community midwives today as my work need my MATB1 by 25 weeks but I don’t see my midwife again until I’ll be 26 weeks so I asked how I go about getting it - apparently I was supposed to ask for it at my 20 week scan? And how was I supposed to know that without anybody telling me?
That's so strange! In my trust we don't get it until our 28 week appointment, I had one at 25 weeks and got given it then but deffo weren't meant to ask for it at my scan! Seems so odd!

Reactions: 1
I feel like so much of antenatal care is just a guessing game. Called up community midwives today as my work need my MATB1 by 25 weeks but I don’t see my midwife again until I’ll be 26 weeks so I asked how I go about getting it - apparently I was supposed to ask for it at my 20 week scan? And how was I supposed to know that without anybody telling me?
My midwife said she would give me mine at my 25w appointment unless I needed it earlier, luckily the appointment was a couple of days before 25 so I waited till then, no mention of 20w scan at all!! Surely they can just write it out for you and leave it at the doctors reception, it takes like 2 seconds.

How are you and baby Raspberry @raspberryjuice ?

I find myself coming on and checking this thread whenever I’m free! It’s so weird as I used it as a support network whilst I was pregnant then suddenly you’re not pregnant so there’s not really any point me being here, but I’m so interested and invested in a bunch of strangers’ on the internets pregnancies and hope everyone is okay!? I said I didn’t like being pregnant, but I do miss it 🤣 Maybe it’s because my body is sore and it weren’t as sore as this when up the duff 😂😂
We’re doing ok. Very very sore and stiff. Oramorph isn’t really touching the pain and I keep catching the battery pack from my dressing on things or dropping it which tugs and really hurts 😩 and I feel pretty ropey because my iron levels are really low after blood loss during the op

Baby R is really cuddly and an absolute dream. I didn’t know it was possible to love something so much 🥰

How are you guys?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We’re doing ok. Very very sore and stiff. Oramorph isn’t really touching the pain and I keep catching the battery pack from my dressing on things or dropping it which tugs and really hurts 😩 and I feel pretty ropey because my iron levels are really low after blood loss during the op

Baby R is really cuddly and an absolute dream. I didn’t know it was possible to love something so much 🥰

How are you guys?
I’m the same - still very sore and it’s 4 days later! I get mine off tomorrow I’m dreading it 😬 are you home yet? Oramorph was good for me at the hospital but I’m lost without it, I don’t think the ibuprofen and paracetomal is even touching the sides! I tried hoovering up before and my partner came up behind me and was like ‘ermmmm…. let’s not’ 🤣

Baby waternelon is amazing. She’s so content. She’s just so small 🥲 she only lost 100 grams when she was weighed yesterday so the midwife weren’t mega concerned, and she’s weighed again tomorrow!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Omg stay away from the hoover!!! @watermelon sugar

I can’t believe you guys have your tiny little babies now! It’s crazy! @raspberryjuice Hope you’re keeping well and resting as much as possible. I really don’t know how I would cope with having a section, and people think that’s the easy option!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My midwife said she would give me mine at my 25w appointment unless I needed it earlier, luckily the appointment was a couple of days before 25 so I waited till then, no mention of 20w scan at all!! Surely they can just write it out for you and leave it at the doctors reception, it takes like 2 seconds.
That’s what I thought, surely it can’t be that hard to fill out. I’ve read GPs can fill it out too so I think I’ll ask if my GP can do it next week instead. It’s all just so unclear!!

@raspberryjuice @watermelon sugar hope you’re both resting up as much as possible and soaking up all the cuddles with your babies, you’re both doing amazing

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Omg I survived a 6 hour car journey 🙏🏼🙏🏼 but no one seems to realise how tit it was for me between the heat, sickness and my hormones making me annoyed at everything and everyone.

Mr 10 especially is pissing me right off 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Off tomorrow? That’s crazy! Mines on for 7 days but it’s a vaccuum one and feels so weird. Did they not give you oramorph to take home? I’ve used quarter of a bottle already. If I sit for too long it’s like I can feel every stitch in every layer. We came home last night at 11, it was a pretty rough night until me and Mr R started taking it in turns to sleep. I hadn’t slept since Tuesday until 4:30 this morning which meant I had a really deep sleep and woke up soooo stiff 2 hours later. I couldn’t even move my legs 😳

Are you struggling with swollen legs/feet too? My feet are absolutely huge I can’t even get a croc on anymore 😂

Definitely don’t do any hoovering!! I can’t talk though I keep trying to do everything myself and getting shouted at 😂 I lifted up the full steriliser bucket earlier and Mr R screamed at me while I also screamed in pain 😂

Go Baby Watermelon, that’s great for her weight! Shes doing so well 🥰
After all my worrying about Baby R being huge I’ve had to send people out for newborn clothes and even they’re big on him 🥺 I just can’t stop staring at him

IMG_5909.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Off tomorrow? That’s crazy! Mines on for 7 days but it’s a vaccuum one and feels so weird. Did they not give you oramorph to take home? I’ve used quarter of a bottle already. If I sit for too long it’s like I can feel every stitch in every layer. We came home last night at 11, it was a pretty rough night until me and Mr R started taking it in turns to sleep. I hadn’t slept since Tuesday until 4:30 this morning which meant I had a really deep sleep and woke up soooo stiff 2 hours later. I couldn’t even move my legs 😳

Are you struggling with swollen legs/feet too? My feet are absolutely huge I can’t even get a croc on anymore 😂

Definitely don’t do any hoovering!! I can’t talk though I keep trying to do everything myself and getting shouted at 😂 I lifted up the full steriliser bucket earlier and Mr R screamed at me while I also screamed in pain 😂

After all my worrying about Baby R being huge I’ve had to send people out for newborn clothes and even they’re big on him 🥺 I just can’t stop staring at him

Yeah day 5 they said it comes off! Which is tomorrow! 5 days already 🥲 the days are flying by. No they didn’t 😞 They gave me one final syringe for the car ride home and I savoured every drip of it! Yeah if I sit too long I’m stiff as a board, I’m trying to do everything too and funnily enough i tried picking up a full bucket of steriliser too 🤣🤣 My 4yo was also like ‘so Mummy now the baby is out of your belly you can play Spiderman with me now, you’re Hulk’ I was like ermmmm I don’t think my stomach can manage that just yet 🤣

Omg yes my ankles are so fat! I’ve got cankles!!

Aw he looks adorable 🥺 newborns are just so cute aren’t they. Baby W is in tiny baby she’s just so dinky she’s like a little doll!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Ohhh he is gorgeous. I'm crying all over again hahaha, it must really make it all seem worth it x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@watermelon sugar @raspberryjuice bless you both it sounds like it’s been rough for you guys!
baby raspberry looks gorgeous!
I’ve got 2 more weeks till my induction and I’m shitting it but you guys having your babies is making me excited to have my baby!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Stop it look how cuuuuuuute
I feel so excited to have a little tiny baby again 😭😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m glad I’ve got loads of newborn stuff now! I do remember with my first that even newborn and first size were a little big and he was 7lb9 so wasn’t tiny!

ahh the pic! I feel like a proud auntie!! You girls are all great and I’m so glad I joined in on here. My Facebook group has been pretty quiet and it’s been so much better over here!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thanks everyone! I wish we could share actual pics and names etc, I feel like I want to show him off to the world. He’s got the poutiest lips 😍

I don’t want to leave this thread 🥲 I’ll tell Mr R to impregnate me again asap so I can hang around 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Thanks everyone! I wish we could share actual pics and names etc, I feel like I want to show him off to the world. He’s got the poutiest lips 😍

I don’t want to leave this thread 🥲 I’ll tell Mr R to impregnate me again asap so I can hang around 😂
DONT LEEEEEAVE US

@raspberryjuice & @watermelon sugar
If you don't mind... Re the ankles. Do you not have to wear the compression socks?? I won't bother to buy decent ones if not.
Also, I wasn't given any pain killer at all to take home last time, just ibuprofen and paracetamol staggered every 2 hours, is that the same? I've been stocking up box upon box.
Do you have to do the fragmin injections?
How's the swaddle going?
I know you'll be mega busy with baby so no pressure to answer x

@raspberryjuice & @watermelon sugar
If you don't mind... Re the ankles. Do you not have to wear the compression socks?? I won't bother to buy decent ones if not.
Also, I wasn't given any pain killer at all to take home last time, just ibuprofen and paracetamol staggered every 2 hours, is that the same? I've been stocking up box upon box.
Do you have to do the fragmin injections?
How's the swaddle going?
I know you'll be mega busy with baby so no pressure to answer x
So i had the section and had to get put to sleep when she was already out because they hadn’t numbed me properly. I had her at 1:27am and I woke up with the compression socks on, I had them on until about 2/3ish in the afternoon. No one told me to keep them on
My midwife said to me the other day, wake up and take 2 paracetomal and 2 ibuprofen, then 4 hrs later paracetamol, then 4 hrs after that ibuprofen and paracetomal again
Yes I’ve got to do the fragmin injections. I’ve been getting my partner to do it because I don’t like it 😬
I haven’t been swaddling. She was swaddled at the hospital then that was it! The midwife told me not to when she came out the other day

I still can’t get my head round the fact I got a caesarean. My first birth was so easy and just a delight, was expecting the same this time round 🥲 It was completely different!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just an update on my bleeding.. I bled none stop for 5 days (at roughly 5 weeks pregnant), the bleeding got worse, then cramping and severe left ovary pain started, so I really feared the worst. I went for an emergency scan today

I’m pleased to say all looks well so far! I’m just 5 weeks (they didn’t want to scan me but the pregnancy could have been molar or ectopic) so they’d done one today (instead of next week as they’d originally told me). They don’t know why I was bleeding, but they’re treating me as high risk and giving me extra monitoring, scans, and meds now. I’m still bleeding, but they’re not worried about that and they said I should celebrate this, and it all looks good so far, with things exactly as they should be

It’s probably my cervix/ something hormonal, but it remains a mystery. I wasn’t going to post on here as I’m scared of jinxing things after previous losses (and the whole thing has RUINED my mental health), but I hoped it might help others who experienced the same as me at my point if they’re reading this in the future and it happens to them. I’ve had dark brown bleeding literally constantly for 5 days now, which would class as moderate, and yet things still look okay. I don’t want to make the post too triggering by being more descriptive, but it honestly looked like I’d lost the pregnancy and we weren’t expecting to see anything left on the scan today. I’m so grateful to the ladies on here that shared their experience with bleeds that didn’t automatically mean bad news or a sad outcome because it really gave me hope and was the only thing getting me through this week.

I’m going to dip out this thread for now for the sake of my mental health (the stress has been unbearable, perhaps due to the other losses I’ve had too, and I’m really over analysing everything so need to pretend I’m not pregnant for a bit 😂) but I hope I’ll be back soon! Lots of love and good luck to you all, and I hope we’ll be sharing nice news again soon 🩷🩷

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.