Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had 12 week scan. All ok! I know women have been having babies since the beginning of time but it still baffles my brain how we can grow a whole human inside of us. Seeing it wriggling around in there was surreal.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
My hormones must be a mess, I've just stood in front of a load of people in the city centre and cried at a busker hahaha ffs
I feel like my hormones are just kicking in this week, I’m moody enough as it is but everything is just annoying me and I’m starting to get a bit emotional, thankfully haven’t actually cried yet but I’m sure it’ll come! My husband will be getting kicked out to the couch if he continues to snore every night!

My husband just text to say he can’t pick me up from work because his gran is going to be at her hospital appointment longer than expected! Now I’m in a foul mood, I have no right to be, but how dare he not come to get me! 😂 I’m just going to huff and get the bus!

————

I don’t think this is a craving as such but I am officially addicted to toblerone! And the big massive one at that!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It's SO hot here today I am melting, I've just had to go the hospital to get my bloods done and I actually feel like a beached whale I'm so sweaty.
I'm lucky my baby should be coming the beginning July, I pray for you ladies due September!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m sitting in work absolutely sweating, I’ve got a stretchy maxi skirt on over my bump but feel like I’ve got sweaty underboobs/bump where the waistband sits - glamorous 😂 and I need some of that thigh rub stuff because these thighs are glued together!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The one perk of a September due date is baby being the oldest in the school year… but I just keep thinking I bet he’ll come at the end of August or something instead lol, my uncle was born 31st August so was always the youngest at school by far

Reactions: 1
Phoned gp and they said go straight to midwife and book through them closer to 8 weeks...but what if they are super busy. I want my 8 week appointment on 8 weeks 🤣🤣🤣
Was thinking about a breakfast wrap all morning so made one for lunch... I am now in bed on my day off feeling so nauseous.

The one perk of a September due date is baby being the oldest in the school year… but I just keep thinking I bet he’ll come at the end of August or something instead lol, my uncle was born 31st August so was always the youngest at school by far
We are different in Scotland - school year runs on birthdays from March - Feb. My 3 year old is a March baby and was planned for a March baby so he would be one of the oldest in the school year. This September baby will be middle of the year.

• Heart
We are different in Scotland - school year runs on birthdays from March - Feb. My 3 year old is a March baby and was planned for a March baby so he would be one of the oldest in the school year. This September baby will be middle of the year.
Oh wow, never knew that!

I haven’t even had my first midwife appt yet but I’ve just got a text telling me I have an appt with obstetrics? Is that normal!?
I’m not sure if you already had an appt for this but in my last pregnancy I got a text for my 12 wk scan with fetal medicine/obstetrics before I got the appt for my booking in appt with the midwife! It didn’t say it was for the scan just an appointment but I worked it out from the dates.

Just had 12 week scan. All ok! I know women have been having babies since the beginning of time but it still baffles my brain how we can grow a whole human inside of us. Seeing it wriggling around in there was surreal.
Mine is Monday and I’m soo excited!

I haven’t even had my first midwife appt yet but I’ve just got a text telling me I have an appt with obstetrics? Is that normal!?
My experience has been it varies wildly from trust to trust!

mine was self referral then I got a call asking if I knew about two appointments (I had no clue about either) one was bloods etc and the other was my 12 week scan.
went to the bloods but never got given my notes which confused me massively cause nhs guidance/friends all had theirs combined.
i then got a text asking me to go for an appointment (had no clue again what it was) which turned out to be for my notes about a week before my scan.

so I’d say not unusual to get an appointment by text for your initial appointment!

(Sorry I usually just lurk here but I was so confused by the initial appointments etc that I just wanted to say it’s probably normal in your area)

My experience has been it varies wildly from trust to trust!

mine was self referral then I got a call asking if I knew about two appointments (I had no clue about either) one was bloods etc and the other was my 12 week scan.
went to the bloods but never got given my notes which confused me massively cause nhs guidance/friends all had theirs combined.
i then got a text asking me to go for an appointment (had no clue again what it was) which turned out to be for my notes about a week before my scan.

so I’d say not unusual to get an appointment by text for your initial appointment!

(Sorry I usually just lurk here but I was so confused by the initial appointments etc that I just wanted to say it’s probably normal in your area)
Thanks for that! I had my first baby in a different country so it’s all new again 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 x

Thanks for that! I had my first baby in a different country so it’s all new again 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 x
Honestly I like to be prepared for stuff and know what to expect from appointments etc so I did reading/asking to try and find out and it was all totally useless cause my trust didn’t do it that way 🤣
My maternity services have a non-urgent online chat that you can access as soon as you’ve done your referral - I asked there about my notes cause I was surprised I didn’t have them and they were really helpful.
might be worth having a google to see if your area has something similar 😊

My due date is 09/04 and I really really do not want an August baby. My birthday is in July and even that felt so annoying in school. Latest to turn 18… 21… 17 to learn to drive. Everything. I’m going to hold this baby in as much as possible 😂

I worry about them being behind at school too! Doesn’t apply to me I was top set everything 😉 but the youngest girl in our year was noticeably not clever and was bottom set for a lot of subjects. I know that’s an extreme conclusion but lol just me being a dramatic mum. My boyfriend also has a 31st July bday and is still 6’2 and clever so I’m quite literally chatting tit getting bored staring at the same four walls on bed rest 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
My due date is 09/04 and I really really do not want an August baby. My birthday is in July and even that felt so annoying in school. Latest to turn 18… 21… 17 to learn to drive. Everything. I’m going to hold this baby in as much as possible 😂
Omg you don’t even have a week leeway!! 😂 also a July baby here so feel the same, it’s the worst being the last to experience everything and you feel so much younger than everybody else all throughout school. I think I’d actually consider holding him back a year if born in August tbh

Parents of late August babies near me are offered the choice of which year they start school. I'm not sure if other councils do this, but round here you'd be able to choose for baby Jasmine to be one of the oldest in their year instead of one of the youngest.

I'm so emotional today over nothing. My partner is so supportive but is completely baffled by me constantly wanting to cry 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I worry about them being behind at school too! Doesn’t apply to me I was top set everything 😉 but the youngest girl in our year was noticeably not clever and was bottom set for a lot of subjects. I know that’s an extreme conclusion but lol just me being a dramatic mum. My boyfriend also has a 31st July bday and is still 6’2 and clever so I’m quite literally chatting tit getting bored staring at the same four walls on bed rest 🤣
Hahahaha I genuinely didn't give any of this a thought, I'm an October baby so never crossed my mind what other people thought about their birthdays!
When I realised I was due July I thought oh stunning, he'll always have nice weather on his birthday (probably) 😂😂
My first born is 01/01 and I think that's such a rubbish birthday but he'll always be off school for his bday which is nice hahahahah

• Haha
I hadn't even really considered my August baby being the youngest/being behind or anything you've all unlocked a new fear in me :ROFLMAO: I'd just been focusing so much on the fact the lucky bugger will always be off on his birthday because of school holidays I'd not even considered where he'd fall in terms of age/experience in the yeargroup

• Heart
Definitely don’t worry about it! Even if they are the youngest in the year, it won’t make a huge difference, it’s more just the social side of it being a bit rubbish being the last to be able to drive and not being able to drink at sixth form prom lol. Academically I don’t think it makes any kind of major difference

• Heart
Don't because I told my friend I had potential placenta issues and the hospital had mentioned it might mean delivering baby brew early, I thought oh it'll only be a few days so their mid September due date might end up being early September, that's fine. Then my friend told me her mate had the same and her and baby are absolutely fine, I asked how early baby was delivered and she said a couple of months! I'm not prepared for anything other than a September baby, I have plans right up til a few days before her due date. Eek 🤣🤣

Also for what it's worth, I was also born in July and absolutely love having a summer birthday. Did always feel a bit jealous back in the school days of being the last to hit age milestones, but that's only a minor temporary thing isn't it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.