Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My cousin is a midwife and shared a Tommy’s post about them yesterday - they’re not a good idea. If you just want it for a bit of fun then probably go ahead but it’s so important not to rely on it to check baby is okay xx
As a midwife, this!
There are so many different sounds in the abdomen, such as maternal pulse, placenta as well as baby. We go through 3 years of training for a reason, and I hate the thought of someone thinking their baby is ok because they heard it with a Doppler at home but it ended up being the maternal pulse and then finding out everything isn’t ok. It has happened unfortunately.

I know where I’m based we will happily see women in community at the end of the day if they just want a bit of reassurance 🥰🩶

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Me and baby brew had a temporary falling yesterday evening. I was starving, really fancied a snack but couldn't decide what. Baby had been moving away so I decided to tell her she can choose what snack, that I'll list a bunch of options and that she should kick once when she agrees with one. Do you know when she kicked? She kicked when I said "or just have nothing at all" 😑

I need to teach her the importance of snacks 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Me and baby brew had a temporary falling yesterday evening. I was starving, really fancied a snack but couldn't decide what. Baby had been moving away so I decided to tell her she can choose what snack, that I'll list a bunch of options and that she should kick once when she agrees with one. Do you know when she kicked? She kicked when I said "or just have nothing at all" 😑

I need to teach her the importance of snacks 😅
Maybe she misunderstood the question and thought you said “or just have it all”. That’s what I’d have told myself anyway 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ah not to be a moaning Minnie but I am struggling mentally today! It's like my brain has just switched and I am hating how I look being pregnant, everything just feels very wrong 😭😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Ah not to be a moaning Minnie but I am struggling mentally today! It's like my brain has just switched and I am hating how I look being pregnant, everything just feels very wrong 😭😭
You're absolutely allowed to have a moan and feel sorry for yourself! What we go through during pregnancy is tough going, physically and mentally. It doesn't mean you're any less grateful though. I definitely think it's best to have a whinge when you have days like this, and we're always here to listen, empathise and reassure x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ewan the sheep was great, it defo got me to sleep!! I’m not getting one this time and have been looking at white/pink noise machines that are also a night light. I think the Ewan did probably help, we always used it but I found it got really dirty and bobbly and we never even took it outside!

I’m so lost with days and time, is it section day for @raspberryjuice?

also, heartburn seems to have kicked in the past two nights for me. Any tips on how to deal with it? I had never had it before, only in pregnancy but wow two nights in a row I’ve woke up feeling like I have a dagger down my throat! I bought love heart sweets so, had some of these last night and the hospital gave me omeprazole months ago but haven’t used it and it’s near the use by date so have asked the doctor for some more to try this.
---
It’s tough and I think it’s just all hormone related. I feel like my hormones are just starting to shift and I’ve been in one hell of a mood this morning! Firstly, my husband and I have a baby list saved on our notes on our phones that we share, but everytime he updates it the format goes funny and now things and missing and I’m so mad at him! Then I get to work and my laptop won’t connect to my monitors, had a fight with it for about 15 mins and still couldn’t get it to work then felt like I was going to cry over it but managed to pull myself together!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
also, heartburn seems to have kicked in the past two nights for me. Any tips on how to deal with it? I had never had it before, only in pregnancy but wow two nights in a row I’ve woke up feeling like I have a dagger down my throat! I bought love heart sweets so, had some of these last night and the hospital gave me omeprazole months ago but haven’t used it and it’s near the use by date so have asked the doctor for some more to try this.
My GP prescribed me a big bottle of gaviscon for heartburn, I think it’s different to the one you can buy OTC and definitely helps if you take it after meals and before bed x

Reactions: 1
I hate the taste and texture of Gaviscon but can manage the Gaviscon double action tablets! I often wake in the night to take a couple and find them pretty effective. Quite expensive though 😬

My GP prescribed me a big bottle of gaviscon for heartburn, I think it’s different to the one you can buy OTC and definitely helps if you take it after meals and before bed x
I was already on omeprazole before I got pregnant and it’s an absolute lifesaver, gaviscon/Rennie do nothing for me, I’d highly recommend if you’ve been prescribed it @Lioness1

Thanks for the thoughts on Doppler. I’m just at that awkward stage where I can’t feel anything and I’d love something just to be able to check in. We are seeing midwife on Tuesday so hopefully they’ll listen to heartbeat then? I think I’d be pretty calm about whether I could/couldn’t find it. Nothing would change whether you have a good scan/hear a strong heartbeat one day and next week there’s bad news, so I don’t feel like giving myself some reassurance day to day would be a bad thing. But I do have midwife and two scans over the next month so maybe no need.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I was already on omeprazole before I got pregnant and it’s an absolute lifesaver, gaviscon/Rennie do nothing for me, I’d highly recommend if you’ve been prescribed it @Lioness1

Thanks for the thoughts on Doppler. I’m just at that awkward stage where I can’t feel anything and I’d love something just to be able to check in. We are seeing midwife on Tuesday so hopefully they’ll listen to heartbeat then? I think I’d be pretty calm about whether I could/couldn’t find it. Nothing would change whether you have a good scan/hear a strong heartbeat one day and next week there’s bad news, so I don’t feel like giving myself some reassurance day to day would be a bad thing. But I do have midwife and two scans over the next month so maybe no need.
how far along are you now? We didn’t get to hear the heartbeat at 16 weeks, but did last week at 22 weeks. It was very faint, she struggled to find it and had to move around a lot to get it more clear.

Ah thank you so much @Brewtime87 and @Lioness1 i had a good cry and i feel a bit better now. Hormones are hormoning and my 2 year old is 2 year olding so theres just a lot going on i think haha

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Have people been eating nuts in pregnancy? I have eczema and feel like I saw one time best not to for sake of passing down any sorts of allergies, but there’s a recipe I want to make that has almonds lol? And now every Google says it’s safe

Have people been eating nuts in pregnancy? I have eczema and feel like I saw one time best not to for sake of passing down any sorts of allergies, but there’s a recipe I want to make that has almonds lol? And now every Google says it’s safe
I thought the same as you in my first pregnancy!! But I CRAVED dry roasted peanuts and that's how I found out it's fine to eat them hahaha. I think me mum deffo told me she weren't allowed but that was the 80s and early 90s so it's all changed thank god!

• Heart
Im pretty sure they’re fine (unless they’re in the nhs list). I don’t like nuts but a lot of people with GD have them to pair food!

I swear im never trusting TikTok again with things as because of tt I was so scared to have my GTT this morning the not eating, the drink, the waiting it was literally fine!
the drink was orange one, tasted like a very sweet capri sun, I was so scared id faint not eating and having bloods but was totally fine, what saved me was taking a frozen bottle of water and sipping that while waiting
so anyone worried dont be! although im sure everyones different especially when having HG!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I swear im never trusting TikTok again with things as because of tt I was so scared to have my GTT this morning the not eating, the drink, the waiting it was literally fine!
the drink was orange one, tasted like a very sweet capri sun, I was so scared id faint not eating and having bloods but was totally fine, what saved me was taking a frozen bottle of water and sipping that while waiting
so anyone worried dont be! although im sure everyones different especially when having HG!
Mine is next week so that’s reassured me a lot thank you

• Heart
Baby Raspberry is here!! Born at 10:39 weighing 7lb 8oz.

He’s absolutely perfect 😍 i can’t stop staring at him

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.