Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How do people keep so fit and active in pregnancy? I had to collect my prescription from the GP so thought I’d go after work. Had to get the bus half way there then walk to the doctors, then walk home from there. It’s about 1.5km so not that far, 40min walk and I was struggling!! My belly just feels so heavy!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
How do people keep so fit and active in pregnancy? I had to collect my prescription from the GP so thought I’d go after work. Had to get the bus half way there then walk to the doctors, then walk home from there. It’s about 1.5km so not that far, 40min walk and I was struggling!! My belly just feels so heavy!
Tbh my experience is that pregnancies vary widely, I had a really easy pregnancy the first time round and had no issues whatsoever all the way along up til my waters broke, and my second I was out of breath early, tiredness was off the charts and then I got terrible sciatica from 4 months I could barely walk! Just do what you can but don’t put yourself under undue pressure.

Tbh my experience is that pregnancies vary widely, I had a really easy pregnancy the first time round and had no issues whatsoever all the way along up til my waters broke, and my second I was out of breath early, tiredness was off the charts and then I got terrible sciatica from 4 months I could barely walk! Just do what you can but don’t put yourself under undue pressure.
Did you do anything for your sciatica or have any tips? I’ve just started and like you can barely walk!

Reactions: 2
My husbands work colleague was running to work everyday until her due date I think 😂 I can’t really complain because other than HG everything else seems to go smoothly. I’m just knackered and can’t really get out much so I’ll make the most of the resting!

Reactions: 2
My husbands work colleague was running to work everyday until her due date I think 😂 I can’t really complain because other than HG everything else seems to go smoothly. I’m just knackered and can’t really get out much so I’ll make the most of the resting!
I thought I would be one of those super fit pregnant people but alas I am not. I have managed to do a couple of exercise classes but it's been a struggle. I'm absolutely knackered all the time; even the thought of a light walk makes me feel tired. Like you I've decided to make the most of resting and hopefully I can get back into it at some point in the not too distant future!

Reactions: 1
Only place I’m running to is somewhere to throw up 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Why did nobody warn me about the itchy nose 🤣 the itching elsewhere I was expecting but I’m going to look like Rudolph soon because my nose is SOOOO itchy 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 4
just been told I have GD cant stop crying im really scared I dont know what todo I feel like 34 weeks is so late to be dealing With this

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
just been told I have GD cant stop crying im really scared I dont know what todo I feel like 34 weeks is so late to be dealing With this
Aww no. Give yourself a bit of time to deal with it I cried loads when I found out!
When is your appointment with the diabetes team? Do you have a monitor? If you join the fb group you can start with the diet, takes a couple of days to get used to but it’s fine.
Look after yourself, it’s only a few weeks until you’ve got your baby in your arms !

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Aww no. Give yourself a bit of time to deal with it I cried loads when I found out!
When is your appointment with the diabetes team? Do you have a monitor? If you join the fb group you can start with the diet, takes a couple of days to get used to but it’s fine.
Look after yourself, it’s only a few weeks until you’ve got your baby in your arms !
im devastated, I have just emailed them and now have to wait till next Tuesday I believe till I can even attend an information session, just reading the leaflets on the email about what can happen If not controlled has made me feel so sick and scared I dont even care about myself I just want the baby to be ok I feel so guilty for some reason like ive put her at risk now I need to collect the monitor tonight from a birthing centre near me.
just cant stop crying feel an absolute mess

• Heart
Reactions: 6
im devastated, I have just emailed them and now have to wait till next Tuesday I believe till I can even attend an information session, just reading the leaflets on the email about what can happen If not controlled has made me feel so sick and scared I dont even care about myself I just want the baby to be ok I feel so guilty for some reason like ive put her at risk now I need to collect the monitor tonight from a birthing centre near me.
Fellow GD mum. Don’t feel guilty - it can happen to anyone. I’ve found breakfast to be the hardest thing - my hospital said about 90% of their mums can’t tolerate cereal, they’ve recommended cooked breakfasts or eggs. Have a look at the Gestational Diabetes website and Facebook group, they have a lot of good information. I’ve found a lot of it so far is just common sense and being restrained, but there’s also a lot of trial and error.

I panicked when I was first diagnosed, but found that other than my breakfast readings (and readings after I’ve had a takeaway or waaaay too much food) my readings were fine.

• Heart
@shadawayo that looks girly to me.
@Lioness1 I’ve spent 4 months vomiting my guts up but this week seem to have turned a corner so have gone swimming and done some minor cycling. It feels SO GOOD to be exercising, even slightly, again.

• Heart
Omg you've just bought back memories from my first that I blocked out!! It took me DAYS i was so nervous 😂😂😂
I got so cocky cos I went the next day & it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting.. wasn’t so cocky 2 weeks down the line when I was so constipated I couldn’t bleeping sit down and my community midwife was turning up with micro enemas cos the laxatives I’d demolished wasn’t doing it. I fully cried 😩😂

• Haha
Fellow GD mum. Don’t feel guilty - it can happen to anyone. I’ve found breakfast to be the hardest thing - my hospital said about 90% of their mums can’t tolerate cereal, they’ve recommended cooked breakfasts or eggs. Have a look at the Gestational Diabetes website and Facebook group, they have a lot of good information. I’ve found a lot of it so far is just common sense and being restrained, but there’s also a lot of trial and error.

I panicked when I was first diagnosed, but found that other than my breakfast readings (and readings after I’ve had a takeaway or waaaay too much food) my readings were fine.
thank you, I think its a lot more common than I think its just a whole new world, I think id be less panicked if I had more time to get this undercontroll, but I got told im also measuring a week ahead at 35 weeks so technically once ive got any real advice ill be 36 nearly 37 weeks! seems very late to me
joined that group ! hopefully I can control it, I just got my monitor now so ill give it a try later after a meal

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.