Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if I’m being dumb but can someone explain why people are so freaked out by this? Is it because the taste is bad or something else?
A lot of people say they can be really gloopy and horrible and you can’t be sick for two hours or you have to redo the test.

I was more worried because I’m sick everyday and I have to eat after I’m sick so mentally the thought of sitting in a hospital for two hours on your own trying not to be sick isn’t fun !

Reactions: 1
Sorry if I’m being dumb but can someone explain why people are so freaked out by this? Is it because the taste is bad or something else?
For me it was the drink and hyperemesis combined and the drink made me feel awful.

Just take a really cold drink with you and something to distract you to make the 2 hours go quickly!

Yeah I was surprised! They originally said 24, then it changed to 48 then they came at 9pm and said we could go. Then it got to half 9 because they realised they had printed all of babies paperwork saying she’s a boy when she’s most definitely a girl 🤣 so they had to reprint all the paperwork off! And her red book still has stickers saying she’s a boy 😂

Yes he’s met her he’s absolutely besotted. Every 5 mins he’s like ‘can she sit on me can i hold her’ 🤣He’s obsessed he’s already thinking of excuses not to go to nursery tomorrow 🤣
That’s nuts they got her gender wrong! 😱

So cute about your little boy though! 🥰 How are you feeling?

I’ve just got back from my pre op, we’re top of the list tomorrow so hopefully not too much waiting around when we get there. Feeling very emotional now though 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That’s nuts they got her gender wrong! 😱

So cute about your little boy though! 🥰 How are you feeling?

I’ve just got back from my pre op, we’re top of the list tomorrow so hopefully not too much waiting around when we get there. Feeling very emotional now though 🙈
Eeek how exciting! Our babies will only be a couple days apart 🥰

I’m just very sore tbh - my partner has been great. He’s done mostly everything since she’s been here. I’m just trying to get up little and often. It was all such a shock and not what I was expecting at all, so different to my first I think it’s knocked me a bit. I don’t want to go into too much detail and scare you before yours tomorrow 🤣 But I’m just very sore and my advice to you is make sure you keep on top of your medication!!! Oramorph yourself up baby ✔

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Everyone always said it was horrible and really syrupy. I don’t know if they’ve maybe changed it now but I had an orange drink, kinda like a capri Sun and it was kept it a fridge really cold so I found it was ok. Same as @raspberryjuice combined with the HG it can be bad because you generally can’t keep a sip of water down without bringing it back up? Thankfully I was 36 weeks when I had to get it so I was better by then.

• Heart
Think I’ll be taking a break - 5 weeks and I’ve just started spotting 😭

trying not to think the worst but after a couple of losses already I’m absolutely terrified. EPU will be seeing me next week but until then it’s just waiting to see what happens. It’s light brown blood in small amounts so I’m trying to keep some hope but I’ve had such a rough journey already that I don’t feel confident 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Everyone always said it was horrible and really syrupy. I don’t know if they’ve maybe changed it now but I had an orange drink, kinda like a capri Sun and it was kept it a fridge really cold so I found it was ok. Same as @raspberryjuice combined with the HG it can be bad because you generally can’t keep a sip of water down without bringing it back up? Thankfully I was 36 weeks when I had to get it so I was better by then.
Ah ok. I’m hoping my uni days of chugging disgusting mystery drinks will stand me in good stead.. and also the fact that yes very lucky my sickness has gone away (and hopefully stays away)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
@watermelon sugar I’m glad your partner is being so good! I saw on the new baby thread what happened to you - you poor thing! It sounds really awful and makes it even more shocking they let you go so quickly! Are you going to ask for a birth debrief to talk it through? They’ve not even mentioned stronger pain relief to me other than to tell me to take my own paracetamol and ibuprofen 😳

My drink was syrupy. It was like flat, syrupy 7up and they left the whole tray out in the window so it was warm too, it was awful 😂 I think everywhere has different drinks though! I’ve seen some people being offered a choice of flavour 😱

trying not to think the worst but after a couple of losses already I’m absolutely terrified. EPU will be seeing me next week but until then it’s just waiting to see what happens. It’s light brown blood in small amounts so I’m trying to keep some hope but I’ve had such a rough journey already that I don’t feel confident 💔
Sending you lots of love. Hope it’s just spotting. If it’s light brown it’s old blood rather than fresh and could be caused by lots of things. Will the EPU see you any sooner if you explain your concerns? They wouldn’t be able to see anything yet but they could check HCG levels etc. Hope it’s not the worst, I’ll be thinking of you ❤

Hi all, I’d just like to give an update after writing about a high NT reading a couple of months ago! We had to have further scans at 14 weeks and 18 weeks with a consultant in fetal medicine and a CVS test at 14 weeks too. The CVS came back to show no chromosome abnormalities however we had to wait til the 18 week scan for confirmation that baby’s heart is all ok, thankfully both scans have shown a healthy baby growing as they should be😊 I just wanted to give some hope to anyone who goes through the same as it was the most upsetting, worrying time especially with the long waits for test results/further scans and I would’ve loved to have read some positive stories at the time!
Aw I wish I’d seen your original post so I could give some reassurance, we went through the same before Christmas and it was absolute living hell. Starting showing and the close family who knew cos “well you’ve had your 12 week scan, can we not start telling people” while your head is absolutely thrashed is horrendous.
Glad you’ve had good news 🤍🤍

& congrats to baby watermelon, how exciting! Home so quickly as well 🤯 hoping for similar 🤞🏽 dreading being away from my son. He’s only slept out twice and that was recently as trial runs for my parents.

• Heart

Sending you lots of love. I had spotting at 5 weeks and because of my previous history they put me on progesterone pessaries. Thinking of you xx

• Heart
Aw I wish I’d seen your original post so I could give some reassurance, we went through the same before Christmas and it was absolute living hell. Starting showing and the close family who knew cos “well you’ve had your 12 week scan, can we not start telling people” while your head is absolutely thrashed is horrendous.
Glad you’ve had good news 🤍🤍

& congrats to baby watermelon, how exciting! Home so quickly as well 🤯 hoping for similar 🤞🏽 dreading being away from my son. He’s only slept out twice and that was recently as trial runs for my parents.
Ah thank you, I’m so glad you’ve came through it with good news too❤ it was horrific as it feels never ending waiting for answers and such a lonely time, as like you say you don’t want to start announcing you’re pregnant when you’re not sure how things will turn out😢

• Heart
Reactions: 3

EPU should see you today rather than waiting - they will be able to do bloods and check you over.
Sending you lots of love 🩷

ETA: just saw you said they won’t. I’d just turn up there and tell them you want bloods doing. I’ve had them try turn me away before but they will see you if you are there.

I know it's easier said than done, especially after your history it's only natural to worry, but please try not to get yourself too worked up and worried. Keep it monitored and if it gets much heavier I'd demand to be seen.
I had spotting at around 6/7 weeks, it lasted nearly a week but ended up being caused by all the changes going in in my body with the pregnancy and was totally harmless. I'll keep absolutely everything crossed for you x

• Heart
Thank you 💔 I might ring up tomorrow (opening hours are minimal) and ask if there are any cancellations. It’s the suspense that kills me

• Heart
Thank you 💔 I might ring up tomorrow (opening hours are minimal) and ask if there are any cancellations. It’s the suspense that kills me
Ah ill be thinking of you, hope you get seen tomorrow to ease your worries x

• Heart
Thank you 🩷 it’s slowed down a lot but I’m beside myself with worry 💔

• Heart
Did anybody have a 4d scan at 24 weeks? I was gonna hold off until later on for the sake of better pictures but I got too impatient and booked for 24 weeks. Does it actually look good at that stage?

Did anybody have a 4d scan at 24 weeks? I was gonna hold off until later on for the sake of better pictures but I got too impatient and booked for 24 weeks. Does it actually look good at that stage?
we had ours at 25+5 and the images were lovely! I think generally anywhere between 24-32 weeks is ideal!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.