Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sounds really stupid but whatā€™s the point of Ewan The Sheep exactly? Do I need him as well as a white noise machine? It doesnā€™t look soothing to me šŸ¤£ for the sake of the fact heā€™s a fiver on Vinted I will but yeah

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks ladies!

@Laughalong Iā€™ve got the dream sheep but I donā€™t think youā€™d need one if you have a white noise machine too. I think thereā€™s lots of different options these days whereas a few years ago Ewan was alone out there šŸ˜‚ we only went with him because he matches the nursery theme

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sounds really stupid but whatā€™s the point of Ewan The Sheep exactly? Do I need him as well as a white noise machine? It doesnā€™t look soothing to me šŸ¤£ for the sake of the fact heā€™s a fiver on Vinted I will but yeah
Itā€™s just a white noise machine, my little girl loved her Ewan but then we switched to a different white noise machine that could be plugged in because it was getting on my tits having to keep changing the batteries in him

• Haha
Good Luck @raspberryjuice so excited for you!!

With my first we got gifted the fisher price soothe n snuggle otter which played like white noise but also little bits of music and had the breathing and a little light, he was OBSESSED with it to the point where it's his comforter now, we just took the big battery part out cos he doesn't need it šŸ˜‚ I preferred it to Ewan myself

• Heart
I knowww they are disapproved of by midwives but has anyone got and enjoyed using a home Doppler machine?

I knowww they are disapproved of by midwives but has anyone got and enjoyed using a home Doppler machine?
I had one with both my kids and found it reassuring but was able to find the heartbeat quite easily from about 8/9 weeks after I found it the first time. I think it depends on whether you think it will stress you out if you canā€™t find it though x

• Heart
My cousin is a midwife and shared a Tommyā€™s post about them yesterday - theyā€™re not a good idea. If you just want it for a bit of fun then probably go ahead but itā€™s so important not to rely on it to check baby is okay xx

Reactions: 6
Iā€™ve got my GTT this morning and had to pass 3 McDonaldā€™s and a Greggs on my drive to the hospital šŸ’” Iā€™ll definitely be seeing one of them later šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I have one and love it. I donā€™t use it regularly, just when bored and I think of it. I put it in the exact point my midwife did at 16 weeks when she listened and we pretty much find it straight away everytime. I just listen to it, go ā€œaw, cuteā€ and put it back in the draw. Similarly if I canā€™t find it (which hasnā€™t happened yet), Iā€™d just put it back and not care. I think it just depends on knowing your personality and self. If you know youā€™ll be wanting to use it for re-assurance, avoid. If youā€™re doing it as a gimmick like me, itā€™s fine.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.