Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Elle Woods

VIP Member
How long is it typical to wait for a call back from a midwife? I’m around 7 weeks estimating and was told when I tried to book a first appointment with the GP that I had to fill in a midwife referral form and they would contact me to arrange an appointment for bloods etc before the first scan. I filled the form in over a week ago and haven’t had any contact yet, is that normal? I don’t want to mither if the usual call back time is like 3 weeks but I’m overly anxious and overthinking everything 😂
When I contacted my GP they gave me a mobile number for the “midwife hub” for me to text and wait for them to get back to us. I think I text when I was 6 weeks on the dot and they responded within 2 days, giving me an appointment for my booking at 10 weeks! I don’t think there’s any harm in chasing it up if you want to!

sodit

VIP Member
I’ve just booked in to view our local nursery off the back of just reading the thread. I’ll be 20w seeing it. She said there’s no list, and they’re currently building another baby room to deal with the influx they’ll be getting!
Promising! Nice to have somewhere all shiny and new too.

AL10

VIP Member
I caved and came down and had a litre of apple juice and a peanut butter bagel. Now ready to head back to bed but bet I can’t fall asleep 😥 lots of love and solidarity to you
Hope you managed to get some sleep ❤

Questions for the csection ladies 🩷
Can you use numbing cream for the injections?
I was so excited to get pregnant that I forgot about my needle phobia for about 2 weeks 😂

Polkadot123

VIP Member
Another vote for the SnuzPod. We don't use it as a next to me, have seen some people have issues with the zips. Was the only one I could find that was slim enough for the space we have.
Ye I don't want to use it with the sides down. Just use it like a smaller cot basically.

AL10

VIP Member
Hey guys any advice on what I can do to try and avoid getting preeclampsia and GD?
Would love to do anything I can to be healthy

Tazzie

VIP Member
I’ve been in aspirin since my 12 week appointment. Two tablets a day until
I think 30’weeks or so..

aggytha

VIP Member
Those having to take aspirin, why do you need to take it? I’ve never heard of it before (but was younger and very low risk with both boys)
My risk factors are high blood pressure during labour (briefly pre eclamptic) and this pregnancy being multiples. I think my low BMI might be a reason too?

Apparently aspirin also helps babies put on weight.

littlepup

VIP Member
I’ve just ordered a few sleepsuits from Asda! Asda is where I got everything last time, their stuff is great! Just seen they had some white zipper suits back in so got them before they sell out!
Off to buy them, they were sold out a few days ago, thank you.
The cellular blankets from Asda are bad though, I wouldn’t recommend - not soft, really small and shrink easily.

I loved Sainsbury’s stuff last time but it isn’t very inspiring at the min and finding Tesco quite expensive, similar to Next prices. I got some absolute bargains in the Mothercare at boots sale though (again expensive at full price) and the quality looks really good.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Our little one was born last night at 40+4, I had a sweep at 10.30am and baby girl arrived practically 12 hours later surrounded by 4 paramedics and the midwife who had arrived for our home birth after I delivered the head 🤪
It only started at about 8.30/8.45 as I thought it was just cramping and braxton hicks from sweep. Until it wasn’t 🤪 A truly wild/surreal experience but so glad she’s here safe and sound.
Her big sister was super surprised this morning and them meeting was magical ❤
Congratulations 💕

littlepup

VIP Member
Babybjorn bouncer, electric swing chair or both??
We got more use from the bouncer as we moved it room to room plus it takes less space which is handy, but they did like both. We got the swing 2nd hand, you see a lot in great condition as some babies don’t get on with them so they’re pretty much unused.
Maybe if you go swing buy it last min so you’re in return period if baby doesn’t like it.

I actually say the same for all electric stuff in case it doesn’t work when you come to open it or check it if you’re buying it in advance. We had to try 3 monitors to find one with a good enough range too.

sodit

VIP Member
We’ve got the tutti bambini cozee. Has 6 height options if you need to tilt for reflux and congestion and storage shelf underneath
we’ve got this and will be using it again, but I didn’t rate it. Once the side was dropped the mattress would tilt sideways and baby would roll to the edge and be all smooshed up. I ended up giving up on safe sleep 🥴 and putting a soft blanket underneath it to level it back up.
Might just have been my unit though, and hasn’t put me off enough to change for #2, so make of that what you will.

Pros - I do like that it’s quite big, we had it up until my (tall) son was about 9 months.

Renegade

Weird and embarrassing one… bum pain anyone?! It comes and goes, but it nearly feels like nerve pain in my bum. Has anyone else experienced this?🫣😫🤣

I’m 29 weeks

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I’m sure OH will support you to WFH for the rest of your pregnancy then if there is no business impact 🤞🏼 they were great for me and having dealt with many reports for other colleagues I know they’ll just suggest whatever you request, especially when there’s pregnancy involved!

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Sorry what were both of your factors that meant you need this? I am currently on aspirin apparently to thin my blood due to my low BMI. Is this in my future???

@Hashtagnotspon
Oooo I was told aspirin cause my other babies (bar the one) have been low birth weight. I have to have the injections after having this one and had to have them after my last baby as I had a PPH.

Elle Woods

VIP Member
I'm really gutted I've not had any proper proper cravings where it's like I need it NOW although my bf says he's happy about that as it's saved his wallet and saved him taking trips out to the shop for me 😂

I can't stand the smell of fried eggs though. I feel like even once the frying pan has been washed up the smell lingers and it's disgusting!

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
What do you do about family members who mean well buying your baby the most awful things? My stepdad is so excited but he has the worst taste on earth and is addicted to buying absolute tat off of Amazon and Temu. My mum said he’s bought a lot but she doesn’t know what he’s bought and I am just dreading next going round, I don’t think I can even pretend to put on a smile and be happy about whatever he’s bought 😅
Fortunately for me I don't have to face family ordinarily when they send gifts for my little ones. If there's anything I don't like I just send it to either a charity shop or the local shelter.

aggytha

VIP Member
I think most people use them for out and about and carry it in their bag along with a flask of boiling water. I’ve heard people say they make up a little station on their bedside and do the same at night time too! Saves you getting out of bed. The 3 hour reset period is the only downside I can see.

I was lucky enough to not have to worry about preparing bottles etc as my first was breastfed, so I’m really trying to find ways to make my life (almost) as easy as flopping as a boob out this time 😅