Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else been told by their midwife team to buy a blood pressure machine and measure and record their own blood pressure every other day?!
Yes I was! She said the alternative was me going in multiple times a week for them to do it. They just wanted to keep an eye, I didn’t have to do it for long, few weeks maybe 🥰

Reactions: 2
Not personally but I know a girl who didn’t know until labour, baby was totally fine. She was young and healthy.
Another didn’t know until 22 weeks (kicking was the first sign) baby was also totally ‘normal’ despite their smoking (11lb or something so not small!!), drinking, horse riding, being a real foodie and mid 30s.
I’m concerned the latter could be the case with me. I got drunk once a couple months ago and the amount I was sick was insane, I was in tears and my bf had to pick me up from an hour away 🤣. I also have a 9 month old so have a bit of a belly anyway from her. Hopefully I get an answer tomorrow. Did she test negative?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Has anyone else been told by their midwife team to buy a blood pressure machine and measure and record their own blood pressure every other day?!
I have, but l do mine more frequently. Assuming your blood pressure is on the high side at the moment?

I have, but l do mine more frequently. Assuming your blood pressure is on the high side at the moment?
That's the problem, I hadn't been told there were any concerns with my blood pressure. Two days in a row I've been given appointments or instructions off the back of things nobody had told me about prior. Nightmare.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I’m concerned the latter could be the case with me. I got drunk once a couple months ago and the amount I was sick was insane, I was in tears and my bf had to pick me up from an hour away 🤣. I also have a 9 month old so have a bit of a belly anyway from her. Hopefully I get an answer tomorrow. Did she test negative?
I don’t think it occurred to her it was pregnancy tbh but I have heard that you don’t get positives when you’re in the later trimesters too.
It’s not ideal but plenty of women drink before they know, some drink anyway. My Mum reckons she pickled me in the first trimester, no signs of FAD here. In the 80/90s women smoked no problems, I know smokers who’ve not managed to completely quit too. Try not to panic xx

• Heart
I’m really worried my lines on the pregnancy tests seem to be lighter than when I first test last week and my symptoms seem to have kinda stopped

I’m really worried my lines on the pregnancy tests seem to be lighter than when I first test last week and my symptoms seem to have kinda stopped
I’d ask your doctors for a blood draw. At our EPU they won’t see you until you’re 6 weeks based on your last period but it could be worth trying them anyway

• Heart
Crazy isn’t it, read so much on it for the past couple weeks and I can’t get over how common it seems to be. For the past 3 weeks, I’ve had movement which is identical to fetal movement (2 kids so I recognise it). I’ve had phantom kicks before but this is much stronger and literally all day every day. I’ve finally got a GP app tomorrow morning but I had to convince them and I heard the receptions take the piss out of me on the phone over this. I feel like I’m going mad but the movement is prominent at this point. I’ve had 3 negatives but I’ve read about the hook effect which is where you test negative if you test later on due to having such high hcg levels. I’ve also had odd periods these past 3/4 months and spotting in between them so there’s a chance they’re not actual periods. Whole thing’s driving me mad and I feel so embarrassed even getting medical help, I just know I’ll get belittled in tomorrow’s app either way.
Oh wow! I hope you make a complaint about the receptionist because that's so unprofessional!

Hope you get to the bottom of it!

• Heart
Lines on a test won’t tell you anything, there are so many variables they are not accurate predictiors of levels of hCG. Also your symptoms will fluctuate daily and weekly as the placenta starts to take over.
Even if hCG is doubling more slowly that expected it’s still not an indicator of a bad outcome.
Really, if there are no other symptoms such as bleeding or excessive cramping you just have to wait until you can have an early scan around 6-7 weeks.

• Heart
Question, would you have an early reassurance scan without your partner? My husband is away for two weeks when I hit the point I can have one, and prior to that we are on holiday together. He said he doesn't mind if I go without him but I would rather wait until he can come with me. But by that time I will be 9-10 weeks so may as well wait for the 12 week scan? At the moment I'm kind of relaxed (maybe because it's not hit me yet) so I'm thinking unless I get any strange symptoms to just wait until the 12 week scan?

Question, would you have an early reassurance scan without your partner? My husband is away for two weeks when I hit the point I can have one, and prior to that we are on holiday together. He said he doesn't mind if I go without him but I would rather wait until he can come with me. But by that time I will be 9-10 weeks so may as well wait for the 12 week scan? At the moment I'm kind of relaxed (maybe because it's not hit me yet) so I'm thinking unless I get any strange symptoms to just wait until the 12 week scan?
I had a scan at 6 weeks and at 9 weeks without my partner! He couldn’t get one off work for the 6 weeks and the 9 weeks our son was sick so he had to stay at home with him

Thank you! I’ve messaged my midwife just to be on the safe side x

• Heart
I would wait- it’s so special if you both go together and trigger warning here

I had several really good private and NHS scans and then I just went for a check up by myself without my husband, literally the only scan I went to alone out of all of them with no warnings or bad signs.. and got told my baby had died. I think it’s so unlikely this will happen to you but the trauma means I’ll never go alone now and I always say to people take someone with you. They’ll probably enjoy and support you during the scan but if the worst happens then someone is there too. I think if I was you I might still go and take a good friend and just send him the pics and videos

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I had to have my 7 week scan alone - toddler had a vomiting bug and so husband was in the car park with her so she didn’t pass it on (she’d stopped vomiting at that point but we didn’t want to risk it as less than 12 hours).

Just had our next reassurance scan (9 weeks) as I couldn’t wait for 12 weeks to check all is ok. All was fine and we saw a lovely heartbeat. I asked when the baby would start moving around and she pressed a bit harder and we could see its little hands (/ fins!) moving. No feeling like it 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Crazy isn’t it, read so much on it for the past couple weeks and I can’t get over how common it seems to be. For the past 3 weeks, I’ve had movement which is identical to fetal movement (2 kids so I recognise it). I’ve had phantom kicks before but this is much stronger and literally all day every day. I’ve finally got a GP app tomorrow morning but I had to convince them and I heard the receptions take the piss out of me on the phone over this. I feel like I’m going mad but the movement is prominent at this point. I’ve had 3 negatives but I’ve read about the hook effect which is where you test negative if you test later on due to having such high hcg levels. I’ve also had odd periods these past 3/4 months and spotting in between them so there’s a chance they’re not actual periods. Whole thing’s driving me mad and I feel so embarrassed even getting medical help, I just know I’ll get belittled in tomorrow’s app either way.
don’t feel embarrassed, you know your body and you are entitled to ask for help! I’ve heard about the hook effect too so I think it’s perfectly valid and reasonable to see the GP! Good luck and make a complaint about those awful receptionists!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
A friend of a friend (so not someone I know personally but have heard the full story from my friend!) gave birth in a hotel room, completely unaware they were pregnant. She’d been told she couldn’t have children so absolutely no reason to believe she could be pregnant and had been drinking and partying throughout (my friend said she’d put on a bit of weight but all over not a baby bump and she’d put this down to the drinking and going out lifestyle). Baby was fine though!

Definitely complain about the receptionists, that is disgusting. And be really firm with the GP that you want bloods or to be referred for an ultrasound, even if just to work out that it’s something else! Keep us posted x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have waited until the 12 week scan (which is next week 😬), it’s killed me waiting this long though! I haven’t had any worries but if I did I would have booked one straight away.

• Heart
Do you guys think it’s best I just stop doing pregnancy tests? I’m 6 weeks nearly 7. As some of you have said it’s not an indication on how well it’s going if you get me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.