Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having a bit of a mare today. I got an email saying I've had a new appointment scheduled for end of may when I'll be 23 wks +3 days. No clear indication of what it's for, and also for a different hospital and a really inconvenient date. I've phoned the hospital to try and find out what's going on and been told I've been referred to the placenta clinic due to low papp-A and I should have been told.
This is the first I was aware I had low papp-A or that I'd been referred anywhere. Now after making the mistake of googling what low papp-A actually means I'm getting myself really worked up 😢
Oh love try not to get worked up, it’s tit of them that you weren’t told, but stay off Google as that is the worst. I would ring your midwife and say that you’ve been given this letter and informed by the hospital about the low papp-A, say you’re not very clued up on what this means and you would like more information. Try to see it as the hospital are getting you these appointments to keep an eye on you and baby 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So happy I had a lovely health visitor. She came out at 28 weeks and was super friendly, answered all my questions. It was just to meet her really and give me advice on safe sleeping. She said once baby is here she'll check where baby is sleeping but didn't snoop at all when she came out, just walked into my living room then went home! I was quite shocked to hear they come out the day after the baby is born lol I know it's to help you and see how your getting on/safeguarding too, I'm just worried there'll be crappy nappies everywhere etc hahah

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm half an hour early at clinic. Nervous much. Proper eager beaver me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Don't listen to em lol according to them my boys would be girls 😭😭😭
It said girl for me too but I've absolutely convinced myself I'm having a boy, last four babies born into our families have all been girls so my logic says a boy is due.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Anyone been in hydrotherapy pool when pregnant? I know it's advised not to overheat so won't use jacuzzi, sauna etc but might have 10 mins in hydrotherapy pool if it's not too hot I guess! Is it your muscles it's supposed to help!? I have no idea

Anyone been in hydrotherapy pool when pregnant? I know it's advised not to overheat so won't use jacuzzi, sauna etc but might have 10 mins in hydrotherapy pool if it's not too hot I guess! Is it your muscles it's supposed to help!? I have no idea
I did a spa day with my husband when I was 20 weeks (it was actually scheduled for our anniversary in October but we had to cancel due to childcare issues- on the same day I found out I was pregnant!)

No jacuzzi or sauna, but was advised the hydrotherapy pool is safe but only to use for 10 mins at a time and stay away from any water jets. It was great!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you guys. Its a shock to the system but a happy shock. Saw her on 4D for a second and she has her dad's entire face 😂😂. Can not wait to go clothes shopping etc 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
How can anyone choose to use a Canasten pessary by choice if not pregnant?! My god. Tablets all the way. Not gonna go TMI but it’s just a headache.

Finally got my first private scan last night! I've been feeling so guilty about feeling so detached but at 10 weeks I feel like I can finally be excited 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just had a consultant appointment, 20 weeks, all good. Have 20 week scan on Friday. First time my blood pressure was normal at a consultant appointment since 12 weeks so delighted with that. Must be getting less overwhelmed as we go.. same blood pressure reading I’m getting at home so thrilled with that.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Usually love my midwife unit as they’ve been so helpful in the past but spoke to them today again re section that was meant to be end of this week as I was needing my pre op appointment and turns out I’m right and they’ve never booked in my section when I requested and now there’s no space until my due date. Their response was you might as well just try naturally now 🤦‍♀️ going in for a sweep in the next couple of days 🙄 feeling so frustrated and disappointed

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.