Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh bless you! I would definitely ask them to have a look at your cervix and check that then as it sounds like it’s more than likely coming from there if they’re not seeing a source of the bleeding on scans. It’s good you’ve had no more clots and no pain. Hope your scan goes ok

Has anyone got any experience of internal scans in the third trimester? I’ve got one later this week to check placenta position and I’m really worried about it. My bleeding has only just stopped since starting at 16 weeks and I’m so worried this is going to set it all off again because I’ve been told so many times through hospital admissions and consultant appts no sex, absolutely nothing at all in your vagina etc because it’s likely to cause bleeding and could bring on premature labour. So now having an internal scan just seems really risky and like it’s going to irritate everything again? Can I refuse? Are there consequences of refusing?
I feel like I’ve put so much of my life on hold to get me and baby to this stage - haven’t worked since January, limited walking, don’t lift or bend or stretch etc basically just lived on the sofa or in bed to reduce the bleeding (not complaining and would do whatever it takes to get baby here safely) and now they’re going to do something that’s likely to set it off again? Ugh.

I would definitely ask the question of whether it’s necessary and if there are alternative options.

Although I will say, whenever I’ve had a transvaginal cervix scan, they only put the wand in a little bit. It’s not deep or anywhere near your cervix, so although I think your concerns are perfectly valid, I think realistically it would be quite low risk based on that.

Hope you get some answers and clarity soon! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you, that’s reassuring! I remember the internal at 7 weeks being quite uncomfortable where the guy kept pressing down to see baby and check my ovaries so I think that’s adding to my anxiety 🙈 that was at window to the womb though rather than the hospital so hopefully at the hospital they’ll be better if I have to have it. I will definitely ask questions though rather than just going along with it. I just don’t want to start bleeding again, if I hadn’t bled for so long I probably wouldn’t even be questioning it.

Pregnancy dreams are so vivid it’s crazy. Twice I’ve had the same dream now that I’ve gone into labour and had the baby. I’m hoping the labour I’m dreaming about is what I get because it was super quick 😂 woke up this morning and leant over my bed as if I was looking into a crib because the dream was so realistic 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hey everyone. Haven’t posted on here in a while as I’ve found pregnancy forums worsen my anxiety but just popping in to ask what people’s Papp-A results were like? My results came back all low risk but my Papp-A levels are 0.74 MoM - I made the mistake of googling which initially said anything above 0.5 is normal but then I saw a lot of people saying that actually anything below 1 is low and I’ve sent myself into a probably unnecessary panic 🫠 x
My Papp-A came back as low as an incidental finding on my 12 week bloods. They didn't seem concerned just said there is an increased risk of baby being small so I'd have an extra growth scan at 23 weeks to check all is OK, and if it is then they'd do nothing further.

I've worried about everything this pregnancy but this seemed less big than other things. Try not to worry too much, I know that's easier said than done.

One thing I've found helpful is my friend has offered to Google things for me and report back so I don't go down rabbit holes or only look at the worst things so I get a more balanced view of what Google says. Could you perhaps ask someone to do that for you? It might help.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Having a low day today, I saw people speak about the loneliness of the first trimester but I never really understood it. We have a 9 week scan tomorrow just to check in on everything but I’m just counting down the days til I can tell people. I’ve told a couple of close girlfriends who are also pregnant but haven’t chatted too much. Also nothing is really “wrong”, just high stress levels. We are moving house next week, my husband is away on a work trip and being grumpy with me, I’m having a work issue with a colleague being an asshole, my dog is behaving weirdly and might be ill, I’m just hardly leaving the house and feel like a hobbit just waiting for a few weeks time when I can start seeing people without having to lie/hide things/people wondering why I look horrific and am exhausted. God, you spend so long trying to get pregnant and don’t realise every single day after that is a rollercoaster of new stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm 29 weeks, my first pregnancy and I squeezed my boob last night out of curiosity and was SHOCKED when a few drops of milk/colostrum came out 😳😳 freaked me out hahaha, I thought I'd have to try much harder than that, pretty cool tho

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve went into full nesting mode yesterday and this morning because the health visitor is coming round today. It’s true what they say, you never want to tidy up until the threat of someone visiting 🤣 Hope she appreciates it the house is spotless! Mrs Hinch eat your heart out

ignoring the fact it’s absolutely floored me so the house probably won’t be this tidy again until the baby is 4

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve went into full nesting mode yesterday and this morning because the health visitor is coming round today. It’s true what they say, you never want to tidy up until the threat of someone visiting 🤣 Hope she appreciates it the house is spotless! Mrs Hinch eat your heart out

ignoring the fact it’s absolutely floored me so the house probably won’t be this tidy again until the baby is 4
Your HV is visiting you at home?! 😱 I got my red book in the post last week and a letter saying they’ll text me in the first 2 weeks after baby is born 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I had a letter from the HV a few weeks ago with the red books for the babies and a note stating their services are overwhelmed and they don’t anticipate any type of visit to us (even once the babies are here!) 🥲

my first was a lockdown baby so we only saw her once briefly newborn, then had a video catch up at maybe 10 months and then a visit for the 2-ish year check and one random phone call. It’s mad how much it must vary across the country!

I have always found HV’s to be very hit or miss, hope all goes well and you manage to have a restful afternoon! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks guys! @raspberryjuice @aggytha

I had the same with my first born, at about 30 weeks she came out to visit, and I’m 30 weeks this week so exactly the same time! I remember last time she came and had a chat with me about sleeping, the red book and she had a wander around the house to check if there’s any hazards and where baby is going to sleep. With my first born I didn’t see her much after he was born because of covid

I was talking to another Mum after the school run and she asked what I was up to today and I said I had the health visitor coming, she was like ‘oh yeah I remember that, when they come and spy on your house’ so it must be a different trust thing that they come out at 30 weeks! Lucky me 🥲 wish I was just getting my red book through the post!!

• Heart
HVs have always been all over me. Turning up unannounced. Found one spying on my FB. Got to a point I had to say u know what I don't need your services.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Having a bit of a mare today. I got an email saying I've had a new appointment scheduled for end of may when I'll be 23 wks +3 days. No clear indication of what it's for, and also for a different hospital and a really inconvenient date. I've phoned the hospital to try and find out what's going on and been told I've been referred to the placenta clinic due to low papp-A and I should have been told.
This is the first I was aware I had low papp-A or that I'd been referred anywhere. Now after making the mistake of googling what low papp-A actually means I'm getting myself really worked up 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How did you know they were spying on your FB!?
Basically I had this one I knew was itching for an excuse to call social on me I could just feel it in my bones. Anyways she kept booking weekly appointments to see me to weigh my son (he was a unit) and she booked herself in to see me at a time it was the local weigh in clinic. So I rang up main office to pass message on I'd be going weigh in clinic instead. A few days later who appears in my people I may know. Obviously no mutuals etc. So I rang the office telling them I knew I was having my FB looked at. They try saying oh we don't look at FB at work. Don't try be slick lol. Even after that she tried inviting herself round. Bold AF.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.