Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see. Well regardless @raspberryjuice your reason for refusing sounds perfectly sound to me. You want to protect your baby from a procedure that has no baring on whether they do a c section or not.

Perhaps worth asking if it would have an effect on the c section or make things more difficult and then you make a decision from there.

I'm so sorry though. It sounds so stressful and that's the last thing you need.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hey guys hope you are all doing well!

I have a question I joined the gym not long ago and I’m not sure if I’m able to still do the weights I was doing, I’ve asked my midwife but I’ve had no response so just wondering if any of you guys know if it’s okay for me to carry on like normal at the gym ?xx

Hey guys hope you are all doing well!

I have a question I joined the gym not long ago and I’m not sure if I’m able to still do the weights I was doing, I’ve asked my midwife but I’ve had no response so just wondering if any of you guys know if it’s okay for me to carry on like normal at the gym ?xx
What ever you did before falling pregnant you can do while pregnant , you just can’t introduce anything new

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hey everyone. Haven’t posted on here in a while as I’ve found pregnancy forums worsen my anxiety but just popping in to ask what people’s Papp-A results were like? My results came back all low risk but my Papp-A levels are 0.74 MoM - I made the mistake of googling which initially said anything above 0.5 is normal but then I saw a lot of people saying that actually anything below 1 is low and I’ve sent myself into a probably unnecessary panic 🫠 x

• Heart
Hey everyone. Haven’t posted on here in a while as I’ve found pregnancy forums worsen my anxiety but just popping in to ask what people’s Papp-A results were like? My results came back all low risk but my Papp-A levels are 0.74 MoM - I made the mistake of googling which initially said anything above 0.5 is normal but then I saw a lot of people saying that actually anything below 1 is low and I’ve sent myself into a probably unnecessary panic 🫠 x
I don't have an answer for you, I just searched my app for my results and they aren't there, but I just wanted to say I've been checking everyday to see if you had updated cos I know how anxious you were! I'm glad everything is progressing along well for you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Okay thank you so much for the fast reply! I’m scared to do anything xx
Personally for me I’ve stopped while pregnant . I was running 3 times a week and gym 3 times a week . Between the sickness , tiredness and working long shifts I just couldn’t be assed haha

Gonna resume after Xmas as I got a HM next year

• Heart
I don't have an answer for you, I just searched my app for my results and they aren't there, but I just wanted to say I've been checking everyday to see if you had updated cos I know how anxious you were! I'm glad everything is progressing along well for you xx
Ohh thank you so so much, that’s seriously kind 🥹💖 and thank you so much for having a look anyway. I hope you’re doing okay xx

• Heart
Personally for me I’ve stopped while pregnant . I was running 3 times a week and gym 3 times a week . Between the sickness , tiredness and working long shifts I just couldn’t be assed haha

I’ve personally been the same, I’m exhausted and sick so couldn’t even if I wanted to, but I’m also going to modify my workouts once I feel up to it. Going to focus on core, arms and back and do more home and Pilates style workouts. I’m a bit paranoid about hurting my back or the baby with a too heavy weight which is probably silly but until I’m further along I don’t want to risk anything.

Glad to see you posting. I’ve been wondering how you’re getting on but didn’t want to tag you for obvious reasons. Hope you’re doing ok.
I’ve just dug out my notes and my Papp-A level is 0.95 MoM, so below 1 and nobody has ever said anything about it at all in my countless appts and hosp stays. But definitely query it with your midwife if you’re concerned.

• Heart
Had my 20w scan, baby is confirmed boy😁 and everything is perfect apart from his thigh bone measuring smaller, has anyone else had anything like that and baby been ok? I know he has a lot of time to catch up and hoping he will. X

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thank you! I feel better about going in to ask questions now and potentially saying no. I just don’t want it to start the bleeding again and spend the rest of my pregnancy terrified every time I go for a wee or worried that it’s going to kick start labour so early as that’s basically what they’ve repeated on loop to me since my first hospital stay.

They said at my last scan that baby is too big and in the way by this stage and they want an accurate measurement of where it is in relation to my cervix because of it being so low in previous scans (it’s been ‘kissing’ my cervix). Mines posterior too so baby is definitely in the way of a clear view
I had to have a placental location scan at 32 weeks. My placenta was less than 5mm from my cervix and baby measured above 90th centile and they were able to check the position with an external scan. Definitely raise it!

• Heart
This isn’t something I’ve even been made aware of over two pregnancies but just had a quick search up and everything seems to say it’s under 0.4/5 that is considered low and 1 is the median average. Looking at the interquartile range you’re completely normal at 0.74.

• Heart
I had low Papp A with current youngest. Your more likely to have a smaller baby but it's not a certainty. Other then that can't remember being told it came with any specific risks.

• Heart

I totally get that coz I’m the same and tbh I want to stop aswell 😂 but I’m overweight and wanna try to be as fit as I can be for the baby xx

had a colposcopy today ( I have regular check ups due to abnormal smears) and my doctor was so lovely she even scanned my belly and I got to see baby which was so lovely and unexpected! I’m really nervous for my 20 week scan on Wednesday so was nice to see baby boy a few days before! This pregnancy has been nothing but scares so fingers crossed all goes well wednesday 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Raging morning sickness all evening. Gender scan tomorrow. I'm taking this as a sign he's a girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
How far along are you now? It’s great they keep scanning you to check baby but have they actually checked where your bleeding is coming from? Have you had an internal examination to see if it’s your cervix? Swabs taken etc?
I’m 8 weeks tomorrow. They said they can’t see where it’s coming from but haven’t looked at my cervix. They’ve done transvaginal scans and just said they can’t see anything around my uterus. 😥

❤❤ I spotted for 2 weeks around 10 weeks and it was such a horrible time.
Have they said the bleeding is coming from inside your uterus? I had a scan and 2 internal and they weren’t able to see until the bleeding had stopped that I had a cervical ectropian
No they’ve looked and can’t see it from anywhere in my uterus! She mentioned whether I’ve ever had a scan with gynae and was wondering if it was something to do with my cervix. Can they not look at that on a transvaginal scan because I’ve had 3 of them and they’ve never mentioned my cervix.

• Heart
When they’ve checked my cervix after bleeds they’ve done it with a speculum and had a close look (like a rather invasive smear!) rather than a scan. I wonder if it’s worth asking them to have a look? But they do do cervical scans too so it might be possible to check that way, although I’m not sure if that’s just for checking cervical length etc. I’d ask when you go for your next appt. If you know it’s coming from your cervix rather than your uterus it may give you a bit of reassurance that it’s not affecting baby so it’s less of a panic when you see blood?
You have my sympathy, it’s horrible seeing blood when it goes against everything you’re told is normal about pregnancy. Keeping everything crossed for you that it’s something simple and baby is absolutely fine in there.

• Heart
When they’ve checked my cervix after bleeds they’ve done it with a speculum and had a close look (like a rather invasive smear!) rather than a scan. I wonder if it’s worth asking them to have a look? But they do do cervical scans too so it might be possible to check that way, although I’m not sure if that’s just for checking cervical length etc. I’d ask when you go for your next appt. If you know it’s coming from your cervix rather than your uterus it may give you a bit of reassurance that it’s not affecting baby so it’s less of a panic when you see blood?
You have my sympathy, it’s horrible seeing blood when it goes against everything you’re told is normal about pregnancy. Keeping everything crossed for you that it’s something simple and baby is absolutely fine in there.
Thank you so much. Yeah I would feel a lot better if I knew it was coming from elsewhere! I will definitely mention it. I had a colposcopy last year after having some dodgy smears but they never ended up needing to remove any cells or anything. I also have a cyst on my ovary but they don’t think that’s causing the bleed. I only had the one clot this morning and no bad pain so 🤞🏼 thank you for your help xx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.